Edema is a condition that develops over time whereby your body starts to retain excess fluids in the tissues which cause swelling. The swelling caused by Edema usually affects the hands, arms, ankles, legs and feet. There are approximately 4.4 million people in the U.S only that have developed Edema. You get three different types of Edema, peripheral, cerebral and eye edema. The symptoms of Edema can differ, and they usually depend on the cause of Edema; Hence, it is important to pick the right shoes for edema in order to lower the swelling and inflammations in your feet.
Comparison Table for The Best Shoes for Edema
|1||Propet Men's Life Walker - Strap on Edema Sneaker||Propet||94|
|2||Foamtreads Men's Physician - Slipper for Edema||Foamtreads||96|
|3||Dr. Comfort Men's Carter - Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes||Dr. Comfort||92|
|4||Propet Men's M0095B Cronus - Sneaker for Edema||Propet||95|
|5||Hush-Puppies Men's Gil - Slip-On Edema Shoe||Hush-Puppies||97|
|6||Orthofeet Men's Clearwater - Therapeutic Arthritis, Edema and Diabetic Sandal||Orthofeet||96|
The Causes of Edema
Edema is definitely a condition that is caused by external factors.
Edema can result in people who sit or stand for very long periods of time, as well as people who eat too many salty foods. Premenstrual signs and symptoms, as well as pregnancy, are also some causes of Edema although in these cases it is normally temporary.
For some Edema is a side effect of using certain medications such as high blood pressure medication, Steriods, Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories, Estrogens and a diabetic medication called Thiazolidinediones.
In some more severe cases, Edema may be caused by a more serious medical condition.
How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
To relieve the swelling of your limbs you can elevate your legs particularly if you are sitting for a long period. Taking frequent walking breaks will help to increase circulation causing your lymphatic system to pump out excess fluid. Compression stockings give great support if you have to stand for long periods of time. Lastly, a massage can also improve circulation and reduce excess fluids.
What is a Good Shoe for Edema
Good shoe for Edema should firstly be easy to put on and made from stretchable materials slip on shoes are among the best choices. A supportive shoe that gives good ankle and arch support to help reduce the stress on your feet particularly with weight gain and pregnancy. Of course a little extra room, so a wider fit should do the trick to accommodate your swollen feet. More depth in a shoe is also a great advantage for those who suffer from Edema.
The Best Shoes for Edema
We have researched and reviewed some of the best available shoes for the symptoms of Edema;1
- The perforated uppers offer you exceptional breathability.
- Velcro straps for a secure and adjustable fit.
- The EVA midsole will reduce impact and absorb shock.
- A cushioned and padded footbed, with additional padded collar and tongue, ensures that you have superior comfort and support.
- The Nylon lining wicks away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable non-slip rubber outsole that also aids in shock absorption.
- The hook and loop closures at the instep ensure you a personalized and comfortable fit.
- The heel to toe cushioning will give you maximum shock absorption and support.
- A non-marking rubber outsole for good grip on any floor surface.
- The uppers are manufactured from wool and are hand washable.
- This shoe offers the best protection against odor, staining, and deterioration from bacteria.
- Available in black and charcoal colors.
- The uppers are made from lightweight and stretchable lycra that is seamless and easy to wash.
- A padded lining offers cushioned comfort.
- This shoe can accommodate internal foot braces and extra volume because of its double depth.
- One strap Velcro closure for an easy on and off.
- A durable outsole that will give you a good grip.
- Available in different widths.
Propet is a rapidly growing shoe manufacturer that have dedicated themselves to crafting the world’s best and most comfortable walking shoes. The Propet Cronus is an extremely comfortable casual, slip-on walking shoe that has shock absorbing capabilities as well as enhanced arch support.
- The PedRX is a removable insole system that has shock absorbing foam and gives you better arch support.
- The breathable base and venting system will keep your feet dry and odor free all day.
- Lined with soft Neoprene uppers to keep you comfortable.
- The PU outsole is durable and offers exceptional traction.
- The strap enclosure at the heel ensures that you can quickly slip in and out fo these shoes.
- Available in different color variations.
- Smooth and soft leather uppers for a comfortable fit.
- A Hook and Loop closure for easy on and off and a comfortable fit.
- The lightweight ZeroG outsole reduces the weight of the shoe and still provides support and shock absorbency.
- A high quality and durable shoe.
- A removable contoured EVA footbed with breathable mesh cover.
- Available in wide width sizes.
- Available in White, Tan Oiled Nappa and Black.
The symptoms of Edema should no longer get you down, with our excellent selection of shoe that cater for the symptoms of Edema and many other foot conditions you can walk with comfort and confidence.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for The Best Shoes for Edema
- The Causes of Edema
- How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
- What is a Good Shoe for Edema
- The Best Shoes for Edema
- Propet Men's Life Walker Strap on Edema Sneaker
- Foamtreads Men's Physician Slipper for Edema
- Dr. Comfort Men's Carter Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes
- Propet Men's M0095B Cronus Sneaker for Edema
- Hush-Puppies Men's Gil Slip-On Edema Shoe
- Orthofeet Men's Clearwater Therapeutic Arthritis, Edema and Diabetic Sandal