Edema is a condition that develops over time whereby your body starts to retain excess fluids in the tissues which cause swelling. The swelling caused by Edema usually affects the hands, arms, ankles, legs and feet. There are approximately 4.4 million people in the U.S only that have developed Edema. You get three different types of Edema, peripheral, cerebral and eye edema. The symptoms of Edema can differ, and they usually depend on the cause of Edema; Hence, it is important to pick the right shoes for edema in order to lower the swelling and inflammations in your feet.
Comparison Table for The Best Shoes for Edema
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Strap on Edema Sneaker||Propet||94|
|2||Slipper for Edema||Foamtreads||96|
|3||Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes||Dr. Comfort||92|
|4||Sneaker for Edema||Propet||95|
|5||Slip-On Edema Shoe||Hush-Puppies||97|
|6||Therapeutic Arthritis, Edema and Diabetic Sandal||Orthofeet||96|
The Causes of Edema
Edema is definitely a condition that is caused by external factors.
Edema can result in people who sit or stand for very long periods of time, as well as individuals who eat too many salty foods. Premenstrual signs and symptoms, as well as pregnancy, are also some causes of Edema although in these cases it is generally temporary.
For some Edema is a side effect of using certain medications such as high blood pressure medication, Steriods, Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories, Estrogens and a diabetic medication called Thiazolidinediones.
In some more severe cases, Edema may be caused by a more serious medical condition.
How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
To relieve the swelling of your limbs, you can elevate your legs particularly if you are sitting for a long period. Taking frequent walking breaks will help to increase circulation causing your lymphatic system to pump out excess fluid. Compression stockings give great support if you have to stand for long periods of time. Lastly, a massage can also improve circulation and reduce excess fluids.
What is a Good Shoe for Edema
Good shoe for Edema should firstly be easy to put on and made from stretchable materials slip on shoes are among the best choices. A supportive shoe that gives good ankle and arch support to help reduce the stress on your feet, particularly with weight gain and pregnancy. Of course a little extra room, so a wider fit should do the trick to accommodate your swollen feet. More depth in a shoe is also a great advantage for those who suffer from Edema.
The Best Shoes for Edema
We have researched and reviewed some of the best available shoes for the symptoms of Edema;
Strap on Edema Sneaker
If you are looking for a walking shoe that can keep the pace, is sturdy and protective, then the Propet Life and Tour Walker will be ideal for you. A breathable and comfortable slip on shoe that is durable enough for walking and supportive enough for your foot condition.
- The perforated uppers offer you exceptional breathability.
- Velcro straps for a secure and adjustable fit.
- The EVA midsole will reduce impact and absorb shock.
- A cushioned and padded footbed, with additional padded collar and tongue, ensures that you have superior comfort and support.
- The Nylon lining wicks away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable non-slip rubber outsole that also aids in shock absorption.
Slipper for Edema
The Foamtread Physician is a comfortable, foam-cushioned slipper that can be worn indoors and outdoors as a casual and walking shoe.
- The hook and loop closures at the instep ensure you a personalized and comfortable fit.
- The heel to toe cushioning will give you maximum shock absorption and support.
- A non-marking rubber outsole for good grip on any floor surface.
- The uppers are manufactured from wool and are hand washable.
- This shoe offers the best protection against odor, staining, and deterioration from bacteria.
- Available in black and charcoal colors.
Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes
If you are looking for the best therapeutic shoe not only for the symptoms of Edema but also other foot conditions such as hammertoes and Bunions, then the Dr. Comfort Carter is your best bet. This shoe offers a double depth and stretchable fit to accommodate different foot conditions as well as Edema.
- The uppers are made from lightweight and stretchable lycra that is seamless and easy to wash.
- A padded lining offers cushioned comfort.
- This shoe can accommodate internal foot braces and extra volume because of its double depth.
- One strap Velcro closure for an easy on and off.
- A durable outsole that will give you a good grip.
- Available in different widths.
Sneaker for Edema
Propet is a rapidly growing shoe manufacturer that have dedicated themselves to crafting the world’s best and most comfortable walking shoes. The Propet Cronus is an extremely comfortable casual, slip-on walking shoe that has shock absorbing capabilities as well as enhanced arch support.
- The PedRX is a removable insole system that has shock absorbing foam and gives you better arch support.
- The breathable base and venting system will keep your feet dry and odor free all day.
- Lined with soft Neoprene uppers to keep you comfortable.
- The PU outsole is durable and offers exceptional traction.
- The strap enclosure at the heel ensures that you can quickly slip in and out fo these shoes.
- Available in different color variations.
Slip-On Edema Shoe
Hush Puppies are well known for their comfortable and lightweight shoes targeting those with foot conditions especially. The Hush Puppy Gil is a great looking more formal style shoe that can be worn for walking, work, casually as well as for an occasion.
- Smooth and soft leather uppers for a comfortable fit.
- A Hook and Loop closure for easy on and off and a comfortable fit on the Gil.
- The lightweight ZeroG outsole reduces the weight of the shoe and still provides support and shock absorbency.
- A high quality and durable shoe.
- A removable contoured EVA footbed with breathable mesh cover.
- Available in wide width sizes.
Therapeutic Arthritis, Edema and Diabetic Sandal
Orthofeet designs shoes to be the best solution for foot, back, and knee pain as well as conditions such as Edema and neuropathy.
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers.
- A contoured orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a padded heel seat that conforms to the shape of your foot.
- The non-binding extra depth design and the wider toe box are perfect for those who suffer from Edema.
- Available in wider widths and a few color options.
The symptoms of Edema should no longer get you down, with our excellent selection of shoe that cater for the symptoms of Edema and many other foot conditions you can walk with comfort and confidence.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for The Best Shoes for Edema
- The Causes of Edema
- How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
- What is a Good Shoe for Edema
- The Best Shoes for Edema
- Strap on Edema Sneaker
- Slipper for Edema
- Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes
- Sneaker for Edema
- Slip-On Edema Shoe
- Therapeutic Arthritis, Edema and Diabetic Sandal
- To Conlude