Before we get into reviewing the best shoes for Achilles tendonitis, it is important to understand what exactly is it and what makes it inflamed so we can choose the best shoes for treating this condition.
There are many types of tendons in the body and Achilles tendon is situated on the feet.
As described earlier, overuse can affect any tendons of the feet.
Summary Table of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
|No.||Shoe||Men - ♂||Women - ♀||Brand||Features||Score|
|1||ASICS GEL-Nimbus Achilles Tendonitis Shoe||Asics||-Full-length GEL cushioning|
-Heel Clutching System
|2||Skechers Shape-Ups XT Fitness Shoe||Skechers||-Memory foam insole|
|3||ASICS GEL-Contend 3 Shoe for Achilles Tendonitis||Asics||- Full-length GEL cushioning|
-Protective rubber sole
|4||Mizuno Wave Creation 17 – Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Mizuno||-Bounce-back heel|
-Classic 3D fit
|5||PUMA Cell Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Puma||-Heel cushioning|
|6||Clarks – Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Clarks||-Flexible rubber sole|
-Cushioned Ortholite® footbed
|7||New Balance 1540V2 for Flat Feet and Achilles Tendonitis||New Balance||-Motion control|
-Roll Bar support system
|8||ASICS Resolution® 6 – Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Asics||-Extended Flexion Fit construction|
-Solyte midsole absorb shock
Treating Achilles Tendonitis
What cause the Achilles Tendonitis to be inflamed
Tendonitis is a condition of the foot which in plain and simple word leads to inflammation of the tendon.
Tendons are thick groups of cord which help connect the bone to the muscles, and they act as almost shock absorbers that enable muscles and bones to absorb and use force.
Repetitive use, as occurred in running and cycling, is a major reason the Achilles’ tendon become inflamed.
Long Term complications
Usually, this problem is self-curing and with proper massage, rest, and treatments it could get completely cured in two to three months.
However, in many chronic cases, a cure may require using of special shoes.
Leaving it untreated over the long period of time could result in walking defects and also a terrible pain when walking. It could also lead to partial or complete debilitation.
How Shoes Support Healing the Achilles Tendonitis
While working on treatments and massage can handle the problem, in many chronic situations going in for the best shoes for Achilles tendinitis would be the best way out.
Shoes can help a lot in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with tendonitis. They do so because they provide the right arch, firmness, cushioning apart from giving the correct heel height.
It is important always to look for shoes that fit well, and you may have to take professional help to get the best shoes that will provide the right result.
A Recent study showed that using Curcumin, can heal tendonitis by turning off inflammation in tendon cells by modulating the core inflammatory gene signal, NF-kappaB.
The study used 100mg of Curcumin per 1 Kilo of body weight, This translate into 8 Grams for an 180 pounds person.
List of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
Since we now have some rough idea about tendonitis, we will have a look at the most popular shoes for fighting Achilles tendonitis for men and women. The following list should help, to choose the right shoe based on their specific needs and requirements.
1. ASICS GEL-Nimbus Achilles Tendonitis Shoe
- The Nimbus model by ASICS is considered to be the best shoe to address truly the various problems and symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis, targeted espescially for those with high arches.
- This advanced shoe is designed to absorb shocks that affecting the Achilles tendon area.
- The rubber, gel filled soles are very comfortable and go a long way in absorbing shock when walking or running.
- It has multi-direction upper flex which can massage the areas that are affected with tendonitis.
- It comes with rear foot and forefoots GEL cushioning systems, which is quite effective in distributing the weight along the foot.
- It has a unique heel clutching system which is also making these shoes the best shoes for heel spurs.
- Hence when the above are taken into account there are many reasons to believe that it could be counted as one of the best shoes for Achilles tendonitis.
2. Skechers Shape-Ups XT Fitness Shoe
Watch this short video to understand why it is recommended for people who have achilles tendon injury – this shoe will help ease the burden on your muscles and tendons:
- This shoe has a great style and unbelievable comfort feel.
- These shoes shift the weight to the midsole, thus alleviating the pain from the back of the feet and the Achilles Tendon.
- This shoe can carry heavy people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing its OSHA compliant slip resistant outsole.
- The shoe have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe and this rolling effect is transferred from the heel to the front.
- It holds the feet tightly and prevents loose movement, this goes a long way in helping the tendons get massaged lightly and avoid problems associated with inflammation of the tendons.
- Many overweight people are prone to suffering from Achilles tendonitis and many of them are happy to find this shoe.
- Not only these shoes are among the best shoes for Achilles pain, they will also relieve pain from your lower back and knees.
3. ASICS GEL-Contend 3 Shoe for Achilles Tendonitis
- It has a unique and versatile Rearfoot GEL Cushioning easing the pressure from your Achilles Tendonitis.
- It is from synthetic and textile which is imported.
- It comes with a padded tongue and collar.
- The rubber soles are of the best quality.
- It also comes with a removable sockliner which has been specially designed for those suffering from tendonitis and other orthotic problems.
- It comes with some of the most stunning colors which go in making a perfect mix of looks and utility.
4. Mizuno Wave Creation 17 – Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
Some features work in making it a great shoe for treating both mild and moderate symptoms associated with Tendonitis:
- This is the latest version of this shoe after the excellent Mizuno Wave Creation 16.
- It has maximum cushioning features which can help ‘massage’ the tendons on each impacted.
- The rubber soles are again the best takeaways as far as these shoes are concerned.
- It helps in stability and better grip which is considered critical for treating problems associated with tendonitis.
- It has the unique Dynomotion Fit Technology which is considered very successful in treating this condition.
5. PUMA Cell Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitisbest cross training shoes, and there is no doubt that it has been designed with the main objective of handling the various symptoms associated with Achilles tendinitis.
Here are a few reasons why this is considered to be one of the ideal shoes for Achilles Tendonitis:
- It is fully synthetic and extremely well designed.
- The rubber soles are of the best quality, and they go a long way in helping relieve the symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis.
- It has the unique TPU shank that goes a long way in increasing stability and unwanted movement of the shoes while on the move.
- It also comes with a heel cushioning unit which alleviates the pain from the Achilles Tendonitis.
- It also has a traction outsole which helps a lot in reducing pain and inflammation.
6. Clarks – Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- These shoes are classic good-looking and comfortable to wear.
- Cushioning and support for your feet are provided by the Ortholite® footbed, these insoles will ease the stress from your achilles tendon.
- Very comfortable and are one of the best shoes for standing all day.
- Breathable leather will eliminate sweat from your feet keeping it fresh and odor free.
- Extended sizes and very wide widths gives freedom to your feet and toes.
- Men Version, Handsome style perfect match for all those looking for classics shoes.
- Women Version, A classical look, suitable for almost every occasion.
7. New Balance 1540V2 for Flat Feet and Achilles Tendonitis
- Many People who suffer from Achilles Tendonitis rate these “New Balance” shoes quite high.
- Those with wide foot will love the “New Balance W1540V2” since it arrives in wide sizes; A key factor in a good posture.
- A roomy toe box designed to enable movement of the toes.
- Made from breathable material with extra toe box room. Provides a reduction in vertical pressure and limits the motion of foot joints. Relieves areas of excessive pressure.
- With a firm arch and heel support system and a solid structure, this shoe is advisable for those with heel pain, espescially for those with low arches.
- Numerous factors are leading to heel pain, such as overweight and excessive exercise, in this case, your feet require the designated layer, provided by this shoe, to subside the inflammatory condition at the bottom of your feet.
8. ASICS GEL-Resolution® 6 – Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Tennis players who suffer from Achilles Tendonitis should consider this shoe as their first choice.
- These shoes comes also in wide width, so anyone can find their perfect fit.
- External heel counter with a new emphasis on midfoot support and stability helps in removing the pressure from your heel and Achilles Tendon.
- The midsole has FluidRide construction which provides plush underfoot comfort.
- Treating Achilles Tendonitis
- List of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- 1. ASICS GEL-Nimbus Achilles Tendonitis Shoe
- 2. Skechers Shape-Ups XT Fitness Shoe
- 3. ASICS GEL-Contend 3 Shoe for Achilles Tendonitis
- 4. Mizuno Wave Creation 17 – Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- 5. PUMA Cell Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- 6. Clarks – Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- 7. New Balance 1540V2 for Flat Feet and Achilles Tendonitis
- 8. ASICS GEL-Resolution® 6 – Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Kinesiology Tape – Cure for Achilles Tendonitis
Hence, the above are the most sought after shoes for Achilles tendinitis for men and women that offer the best regarding design, looks, and stability. They are also reasonably priced.
Video of Taping the Achilles Tendon
KT TAPE PRO was designed for performance athletes, but it’s effectively used by everyone from Moms with a sore Achilles tendon from chasing kids around all day, to someone preparing to run their first marathon.
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents