Before we get into reviewing the best shoes for Achilles tendonitis, it is important to understand what exactly this condition is and what causes the inflammation, so we can choose the best shoes for treating this condition.
Overuse and repetitive strain on the Achilles can cause Achilles Tendonitis.
Summary Table of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Achilles Tendonitis Shoe||Asics||96|
|2||XT Fitness Shoe For Achilles Tendonitis||Skechers||95|
|3||Achilles friendly Shoe||Asics||96|
|4||Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Mizuno Wave||97|
|5||Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Puma||95|
|6||Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Clarks||95|
|7||Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||New Balance||96|
|8||Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Asics||95|
|9||Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis||Adidas||94|
|10||Best Hiking Boots for Achilles Tendonitis||Dr. Comfort||96|
|11||Kinesiology Tape||KT Tape Pro||95|
Treating Achilles Tendonitis
What causes Achilles Tendonitis
Tendonitis is a condition of the foot which in plain and simple word leads to inflammation of the Achilles tendon.
Tendons are thick groups of cords which help connect the bone to the muscles, and they act as almost shock absorbers that enable muscles and bones to absorb and use force.
Repetitive use, as occurred in running and cycling, is a major reason the Achilles’ tendon become inflamed.
Long Term complications
Usually, this problem is self-curing and with proper massage, rest, and treatments it could get completely cured in two to three months.
However, in many chronic cases, a cure may require using of special shoes.
Leaving it untreated over the long period of time could result in walking defects and also a terrible pain when walking. It could also lead to partial or complete debilitation.
How Shoes Support Healing the Achilles Tendonitis
While working on treatments and massage can handle the problem, in many chronic situations going in for the best shoes for Achilles tendinitis would be the best way out.
Shoes can help a lot in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with tendonitis. They do so because they provide the right arch, firmness, cushioning apart from giving the correct heel height.
It is important always to look for shoes that fit well, and you may have to take professional help to get the best shoes that will provide the right result.
A Recent study showed that using Curcumin, can heal tendonitis by turning off inflammation in tendon cells by modulating the core inflammatory gene signal, NF-kappaB.
The study used 100mg of Curcumin per 1 Kilo of body weight, This translate into 8 Grams for an 180 pounds person.
List of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
Since we now have some rough idea about Achilles tendonitis, we will have a look at the most popular shoes for Achilles Tendonitis in men and women. The following list should help you to choose the right shoe based on your specific needs and requirements.
Achilles Tendonitis Shoe
The New Nimbus 19 model by ASICS is considered to be the best shoe to address truly the various problems and symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis, targeted especially for those with high arches.
- This advanced shoe is designed to absorb shocks that affecting the Achilles tendon area.
- The rubber, gel filled soles are very comfortable and go a long way in absorbing shock when walking or running.
- It has multi-direction upper flex which can massage the areas that are affected with tendonitis.
- It comes with the rear foot and forefoots GEL cushioning systems, which is quite useful in distributing the weight along the foot.
- It has a unique heel clutching system which is also making these shoes the best shoes for heel spurs.
- Hence when the above are taken into account, there are many reasons to believe that it could be counted as one of the best shoes for Achilles tendonitis.
XT Fitness Shoe For Achilles Tendonitis
This shoe has a great style and unbelievable comfortable feel.
Watch this short video to understand why it is recommended for people who have Achilles tendon injury – this shoe will help ease the burden on your muscles and tendons:
- These shoes shift the weight to the midsole, thus alleviating the pain from the back of the feet and the Achilles Tendon.
- This shoe can carry heavy people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing its OSHA compliant slip resistant outsole.
- The shoe has a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, and this rolling effect is transferred from the heel to the front.
- It holds the feet tightly and prevents loose movement; this goes a long way in helping the tendons get massaged lightly and avoid problems associated with inflammation of the tendons.
- Many overweight people are prone to suffering from Achilles tendonitis, and many of them are happy to find this shoe.
- Not only these shoes are among the best shoes for Achilles pain, but they will also relieve pain from your lower back and knees.
Achilles friendly Shoe
This shoe features a unique and versatile Rearfoot GEL Cushioning system that helps in easing the pressure caused by your Achilles Tendonitis.
- It is from synthetic and textile which is imported.
- It comes with a padded tongue and collar.
- The rubber soles are of the best quality.
- It also comes with a removable sock liner which has been specially designed for those suffering from tendonitis and other orthotic problems.
- It comes with some of the most stunning colors which go in making a perfect mix of looks and utility.
Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
This is a running shoe which comes with many features that go a long way in making it a wonderful and arguably one of the best shoes for Achilles Tendinitis.
Some features work in making it a great shoe for treating both mild and moderate symptoms associated with Tendonitis:
- This is the latest version of this shoe after the excellent Mizuno Wave Creation 16.
- It has maximum cushioning features which can help ‘massage’ the tendons on each impacted.
- The rubber soles are again the best takeaways as far as these shoes are concerned.
- It helps in stability and better grip which is considered critical for treating problems associated with tendonitis.
- It has the unique Dynomotion Fit Technology which is considered very successful in treating this condition.
Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
This shoe appears on our list of the best cross training shoes, and there is no doubt that it has been designed with the main objective of handling the various symptoms associated with Achilles tendinitis.
Here are a few reasons why this is considered to be one of the ideal shoes for Achilles Tendonitis:
- It is fully synthetic and extremely well designed.
- The rubber soles are of the best quality, and they go a long way in helping relieve the symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis.
- It has the unique TPU shank that goes a long way in increasing stability and unwanted movement of the shoes while on the move.
- It also comes with a heel cushioning unit which alleviates the pain from the Achilles Tendonitis.
- It also has a traction outsole which helps a lot in reducing pain and inflammation.
Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
These shoes are classic good-looking and comfortable to wear.
- Cushioning and support for your feet are provided by the Ortholite® footbed, these insoles will ease the stress from your Achilles tendon.
- Very comfortable and are one of the best shoes for standing all day.
- Breathable leather will eliminate sweat from your feet keeping it fresh and odor free.
- Extended sizes and very wide widths give freedom to your feet and toes.
- Men Version, Handsome style perfect match for all those looking for classics shoes.
- Women Version, A classical look, suitable for almost every occasion.
Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
Many People who suffer from Achilles Tendonitis rate these “New Balance” shoes quite high.
Those with wide foot will love the “New Balance W1540V2” since it arrives in wide sizes; A key factor in a good posture.
- A roomy toe box designed to enable movement of the toes.
- Made from breathable material with extra toe box room. Provides a reduction in vertical pressure and limits the motion of foot joints. Relieves areas of excessive pressure.
- With a firm arch and heel support system and a solid structure, this shoe is advisable for those with heel pain, especially for those with low arches.
- Numerous factors are leading to heel pain, such as overweight and excessive exercise, in this case, your feet require the designated layer, provided by this shoe, to subside the inflammatory condition at the bottom of your feet.
Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
Tennis players who suffer from Achilles Tendonitis should consider this shoe as their first choice.
- These shoes also come in a wide width so that anyone can find their perfect fit.
- External heel counter with a new emphasis on midfoot support and stability helps in removing the pressure from your heel and Achilles Tendon.
- The midsole has the FluidRide construction which provides plush underfoot comfort.
Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
A flexible and breathable shoe with a Cloudfoam midsole and rubber outsole for maximum comfort and performance.
- Breathable textile and synthetic uppers that are flexible for a more comfortable fit.
- A Cloudfoam midsole for superior cushioned support and comfort.
- The durable rubber outsole ensure excellent traction and grip.
- A soft textile lining provides soft comfort.
Best Hiking Boots for Achilles Tendonitis
For an outdoor walk or hiking trip, you can trust the Dr. Comfort Vigor and Ranger to provide you with all the support, protection and comfort that you need.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a sophisticated style.
- A therapeutic shoe with gel inserts for support and comfort.
- Lace and velcro closures for a more customized fit.
- Seamless and padded linings to prevent chafing and irritation.
- Also available in wider widths.
The above are the most sought after shoes for Achilles tendinitis for men and women that offer the best regarding design, looks, and stability. They are also reasonably priced.
Another great treatment for Achilles tendonitis is Kinesiology Tape;
Video of Taping the Achilles Tendon11
- KT TAPE PRO was designed for performance athletes, but it’s effectively used by everyone from Moms with a sore Achilles tendon from chasing kids around all day, to someone preparing to run their first marathon.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Summary Table of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Treating Achilles Tendonitis
- List of Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Achilles Tendonitis Shoe
- XT Fitness Shoe For Achilles Tendonitis
- Achilles friendly Shoe
- Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Cross-Training Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Best Dress Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Best Tennis Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Best Running Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
- Best Hiking Boots for Achilles Tendonitis
- Video of Taping the Achilles Tendon
- Kinesiology Tape