The expected release date for the Saucony Freedom 6 is April 7, 2023.
The Saucony Freedom 6 will have the following features & updates:
- The new Saucony Freedom 6 will still offer the Formfit technology with more flexible and now even more breathable mesh uppers,
- The PWRRUN+ cushioning system will be kept and enhanced slightly in the new model.
- Similarly, there will be a cushioned insole and more moisture-wicking interior lining.
- The outsole will generally remain the same, with more flex grooves added for better flexibility.
- Other than that you can ex[ect some fresh new colors and designs that will be highly fashionable for the new season.
Previous models of the Freedom:
The Saucony Freedom 5 release date was on May 4, 2022.
The Saucony Freedom 4 release date was on April 17, 2021.
Latest Version of the Saucony Freedom*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Saucony Freedom 6 will be around $150.
- The price will stay the same as most of the older features will still be kept.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The Saucony Freedom 6 will be ideal for persons who are neutral pronators.
- They will offer excellent cushioning and support for a high arch type and good support for a medium arch type.
- However, I would not recommend them for very low or flat arches.
- The Saucony Freedom 6 should not be used for outdoor trails or in very wet conditions.
- The design will not be waterproof, and it offers only light slip resistance.
- The ideal terrains for your new Saucony Freedom 6 would be hard flat surfaces, such as concrete, tiles, and tar roads or pavements.
- The new Saucony Freedom 6 will be the perfect all-around wear casual shoe.
- You can wear it as a fashionable sneaker for leisure wear or around town.
- It will also be perfect for walking and light jogging.
- However, I would not recommend this new design for serious running.
- As far as durability goes, the Saucony Freedom 6 will be quite durable, worn in the right setting.
- This will be a casual all-day wear shoe, so as far as wear and tear go, durability is excellent.
- However, it will not be a trail shoe and should not be worn in inclement weather.
Fit and Sizing
- The Saucony Freedom 6 will offer a comfortable medium-sized fit that is generous and relaxed.
- As it will be a casual wearing shoe, it is the ideal fit for everyday wear.
- The FormFit Mesh Upper design will be snugger and sock-like. It is fit to adapt to the shape of your feet.
- This new model will be available in standard shoe sizes only, unfortunately.
- You can look at a weight of 222 grams in the ladies’ model.
- There will be a weight of 239 grams in the men’s model.
- These are both medium to lightweight that are ideal in casual shoes.
Elevation of the Saucony Freedom 6
- The heel will be at a 28mm height.
- A more solid outsole and a higher platform are ideal for stability and proper cushioning.
- The Forefoot height will be 24 mm, which is very solid and uniform.
- There will be a low heel-to-toe drop, making this new model much more stable.
- There will be a very low 4mm heel-to-toe drop in the Saucony Freedom 6.
- The heel-to-toe drop design will be ideal for various purposes, as this will be a casual-wearing shoe.
- This type of heel-to-toe drop is likewise ideal for Overpronation.
Components of the Saucony Freedom 5
- As for the outsole in the new Saucony Freedom 5, regular rubber construction will be used.
- Saucony® will keep the Tri-Flex Crystel rubber technology to increase flexibility and adaptability.
- The sole platform will be much more durable on a variety of surfaces.
- The PWRRUB + midsole will be enhanced to be more lightweight and softer under your feet.
- The Saucony Freedom 6 will also have a full cushioning midsole along with a soft insole and moisture-wicking interior lining in the new model.
- The uppers will still feature the same FORMFIT mesh design that is very stretchable and will easily adapt to the shape of your feet, as well as your movements.
- The knit of the mesh uppers will be designed in such a way as to promote much better breathability this time.
- The shoe will still deliver a snug customized fit, which is almost sock-like in structure.
- There will be more color options available with some new fashionable color schemes in the coming season.
Saucony® Freedom vs. Ride
Saucony Freedom 6
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Saucony Freedom
- Elevation of the Saucony Freedom 6
- Components of the Saucony Freedom 5
- Saucony® Freedom vs. Ride