The expected release date for the New Balance 990V6 is January 16, 2023.
The New Balance 990V6 will have the following features & updates:
- The New Balance 990V6, still available in the pigskin leather and mesh similar design, should now have more mesh for breathability and flexibility with fewer leather inserts.
- There is also a wider range of color options expected in the new model besides the general neutral ranges in the predecessor.
- The New model will offer even better comfort, protection, and stability than the previous one, as New Balance will make slight changes in technology and materials used.
- Furthermore, you can expect the same durable Blown rubber outsole, with a more lug tread, this time around.
Previous model of the 990:
The New Balance 990V5 release date was on May 21, 2020.
Latest Version of the New Balance 990*
New Balance 990
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the New Balance 990V6 should be around $185, which is much similar to the previous model. However, there may be variations in price depending on the outlet you choose to buy from.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The New Balance 990V6 will technically be a Neutral running shoe.
- However, I would suggest that it can be ideal for Overpronation and lower arch type because of the expected improvements to the stability and support features.
- I would be recommended the New Balance 990V6 for a low to neutral arch type.
- This will effectively be a road running and flat surface design running shoe.
- I would not recommend the new model for trail and outdoor terrains that are slippery and uneven.
- However, it will be robust enough and offer good traction for solid surfaces like roads, concrete, and tiled surfaces.
- The New Balance 990V6 will be a running shoe and will be designed for road running.
- You could also enjoy this new model for walking and casual everyday wear because it will be quite durable and fashionable in design.
- Regarding durability, it will be very durable if you use the new model for its purpose.
- I would not recommend using it in very wet and inclement weather or on outdoor trails.
- Furthermore, I would like to add that the New Balance 990V6 will be very durable in materails and construction.
Fit and Sizing
- As for fit and sizing, the New Balance 990V6 will be very accommodating.
- Generally, the fit will be more roomy and relaxed.
- You will also now find newer Extra Narrow up to Extra Extra Wide widths available, giving you many more fit options.
- The ladies’ model will be a medium weight of around 317 grams.
- For the gents, the weight may be around 388 grams.
- Both models will be an ideal weight for a lightweight and comfortable walking and running shoe.
Elevation of the New Balance 990V6
- The Heel height for the New Balance 990V6 is expected at around 30mm.
- The height is aimed to be ideal for both running and walking purposes.
- The Forefoot height we can look at expecting around 20mm when you consider the heel to toe drop.
- This is a generous stacking height that still offers ample flexibility.
- Fro the heel-to-toe drop, you are assured that there will still be the generous 10mm range.
- The 10mm heel-to-toe drop is quite average and ideal in running and walking shoes alike.
Components of the New Balance 990V6
- For The outsole, the same cushioning and durable blown rubber will be used.
- The heel-to-toe drop in the New Balance 990V6 will stay the same, as it needs no improvement.
- However, there will be a change in the tread patterns to make it slightly more lug and durable for a larger variety of surfaces and terrains.
- The New Balance 990V6 still employs their trusted ENCAP technology midsole, offering better stability, support, and maximum durability.
- For comfort, you can still enjoy the NB cushioned insert.
- However, they will improve the textile lining in the footbed to prevent slipping and wick away moisture.
- The Uppers of the New Balance 990V6 will still consist of pigskin leather and mesh materails. However, there will be a larger mesh ratio compared to synthetic overlays for better flexibility and breathability.
- The New model will likewise come out in a more attractive design and may be available in bolder colors this summer.
- You have a completely friction-free and comfortable fit because of the no web application that the uppers will have.
New Balance® 990V6 vs. 990V5
New Balance 990V6
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the New Balance 990
- Elevation of the New Balance 990V6
- Components of the New Balance 990V6
- New Balance® 990V6 vs. 990V5