The expected release date for the New Balance 680V8 is May 22, 2023.
The New Balance 680V8 will have the following features & updates:
- The New Balance 680V8 will have a more breathable and flexible upper in the same engineered mesh.
- Some new and more fashionable styles and color options may also be available.
- The same XLT footbed will be kept for the midsole and cushioning, with additional cushioning in the heel and a more contoured design.
- As for the Outsole, you can still look forward to the high traction rubber design with the diamond-shaped lugs.
- Furthermore, there will be improved flexibility in the outsole with new flex grooves added that are more streamlined in design.
Previous Model of the New Balance 680:
The New Balance 680V7 release date was on September 28, 2021.
Latest Version of the New Balance 680*
New Balance 680
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the New Balance 680V8 is aimed at around $80 a pair.
- This is a reasonably average price, similar to that of the older model.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The New Balance 680V8 will offer excellent arch support for a neutral to higher arch type.
- Likewise, it will be ideal for persons who tend to strike with their heels.
- Furthermore, a removable insole will allow you to use your arch support inserts.
- The New Balance model can be used both outdoors on roads and flat surfaces, and indoors.
- The tread design is likewise going to be ideal for use on treadmills and jogging.
- You will be able to use this new model for the gym, jogging, and walking.
- However, it will also be an excellent choice for outdoor running on tar and concrete surfaces, which are not ideal for trails.
- The construction of the New Balance 680V8 is quite durable and long-lasting, with good quality materials.
- The sole will be ideal for hard and flat floor surfaces indoors and outdoors.
- Unfortunately, I will not recommend the new models for outdoor trails and more hazardous roads and surfaces.
- Generally, they will also not be waterproof, so avoid getting them too wet.
Fit and Sizing
- The New Balance 680V8 offers a snug and comfortable fit with flexible mesh uppers for the size and fit.
- There are wider widths and narrow options available and extended sizes.
- This model is said to run half a size smaller generally, so I would size up to around half a size.
- The women’s model will weigh around 238 grams, which is quite average.
- The men’s model is more lightweight at 299 grams, which is quite light for men.
Elevation of the New Balance 680V8
- The heel will be 29 mm in height.
- This height is ideal for running and jogging and is quite high.
- The Forefoot will be 17 mm in height, which provides better support for running.
- It is quite a high height on the forefoot, more ideal for neutral and high arch types than low arches.
- There will be a steady and quite large 12mm heel-to-toe drop.
- This type of heel-to-toe drop is ideal for running.
Components of the New Balance 680V8
- As for the outsole, you can look forward to a durable blown rubber outsole that will be even more energizing this time around.
- As for the tread, there will be enhanced traction and durability and a less lug design.
- This time, the design of the outsole will aim more at flat surface running and indoor running.
- An injection-molded EVA midsole will feature ABZORB technology in the heel and forefoot this time.
- Additionally, they will update the midsole insert in the arch to provide better support and pronation control.
- You can still look forward to the same breathable engineered mesh uppers that will just be a little more flexible and roomy in fit this time.
- As for colors and patterns, there may be fresh new ones from which you can choose.
- Furthermore, the heel may be slightly more snug in fit and the toe a bit roomier.
New Balance 680V8
Table of Contents