Walking in the countryside with fresh air and nature all around you is fun and exhilarating. However, walking around in the city where you live in an urban area can be so much more interesting and vital to understand how your city works and is put together.
Besides the area you are walking, the best shoes for Urban Walking are the most important part of your walking or fashion gear.
Walking Shoes in a Nutshell
Walking shoes are designed to provide you with the best support and comfort when walking, particularly shock absorbency. When walking in Urban areas, you are more likely to be walking on hard concrete or gravel roads and pavements, which in turn means you need a durable outsole and excellent shock absorbency.
Some Essential Walking Shoe Qualities
- Flexibility – A good walking shoe needs to be flexible, so it must be able to bend and twist the shoes.
- Heel – Always look for walking shoes with a heel drop that is less than 8 mm. A flatter shoe for walking offers better stability and comfort. Most walkers strike with the heel first, and therefore, you do not want a large flared heel, rather a slightly undercut heel. Your flared heel is better for trail surfaces and if you require extra stability in your walking shoes.
- Shock Absorbency – As with a running shoe, walking shoes’ most important protection and comfort features are also shocked absorbency. Shock absorbency can be attained from a cushioned insole, Gel or cushioned forefoot and heel pads, and EVA midsole and a thicker rubber outsole or air blown rubber designed midsole and outsole.
Types of Walking Shoes
All in all, the walking shoe you will wear in general will depend largely on the comfort features that you require and your arch type; your arch type can be either high, low, or neutral, requiring different features.
I would look at shock absorbency and grip for those types of trails and something more appealing for walking in an urban area, such as an athletic style sneaker.
Besides this, here are a few features to look for in good walking shoes for your different arch types;
- Motion Control Shoes – Motion-control shoes are not flexible as they are designed to control motion to prevent Overpronation, which is the inward rolling of your feet. Overpronation is more likely in individuals with a flat foot or shallow arch. Motion-control shoes are designed straight last and have a dual-density sole, denser in the middle to control pronation. The problem with most Overpronation Motion Control shoes is that they have quite a thick heel, giving you the feeling of walking uphill the whole time.
- Lightweight Performance Shoes – This is a shoe type that is lightweight, very flexible, and has very little cushioning. Though they are ideal for Neutral arch types, they wear out quite fast and do not offer much protection for regular walking.
- Cushioned Shoes – These have a soft midsole, are flexible, and a thick heel. They are perfect for people who do not overpronate and have a neutral or high arch, although they offer little support.
- Stability Shoes – Stability shoes are similar to Motion Control shoes, although much more flexible and still;l offering ample support. This shoe type also has a thick sole, less thick than the motion control shoe, and a dense midsole. Stability shoes are ideal for neutral and low arch types in midweight individuals who do not over or under pronate severely.
- Lightweight Hiking and Trail Shoes – They offer the same flexible and lightweight comfort features as your Lightweight Performance walking shoe, with the only difference being the outsole. Trail and hiking shoes have a tread on the outsole designed to walk on outdoor terrain that tends to be uneven and slippery. These are perfect for walking on loose gravel and uneven areas in the Urban area as well. These shoes likewise offer good stability on uneven terrain.
- Walking Sandals – This is basically just an open design shoe or sandal that has similar features in the sole and footbed as walking shoes, which can be either stable, cushioned, motion control, or lightweight, just as with your other athletic-style walking shoes.
Walking in an Urban Area
We have concluded that walking in an Urban area requires similar shoes to road or track walking and running. In addition, your terrain in an Urban area may consist of Gravel, tar or cement, and pavement, with the dangers of loose stones, glass, wetness, oil, and other urban hazards. Therefore aTrail specific sole or durable rubber sole that offers good support and cushioning, as well as shock-absorbing technology, is what you require most.
Nonetheless, walking in an urban area can provide you with just as much exercise as any other one, and holds so many more interesting sights to see, and can also be much more sociable.
You can get to know the area and people quickly and in a fun way by taking regular walks through your city.
Features of a Good Shoes for Urban Walking
- Support – Stability features such as a heel cup and roll bar for motion control. Arch support that is contoured for your arch type.
- Cushioning – Forefoot and rearfoot Gel or foam Cushioning.Shock absorbency such as an EVA midsole and rubber outsole or cushioned pads. Cushioned and comfortable insole.
- Uppers – Smooth and moisture-wicking interior lining. Breathable and flexible synthetic, leather, or mesh uppers with a Velcro or lace-up closure.
- Outsole – A durable and high traction rubber outsole with a tread designed for outdoor and pavement or tar gravel walking.
- design – Stylish design that is still fashionable and acceptable for outdoor walking in Urban areas.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Urban Walking
Below are the best options in shoes for walking in Urban areas;
Formal Shoes for Urban Walking
- Genuine leather uppers with a smooth Microsuede lining, absorb moisture effectively.
- A Nylon shank for added stability and Strobel construction for forefoot flexibility.
- Cushioned and comfortable insole.
- The TPR outsole offers exceptional traction and durability.
Shoes for Urban Walking
- Breathable and durable suede leather and mesh uppers.
- High traction and shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
- ABZORB midsole cushioning technology.
- Additional and superior walking strike path technology.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort.
- This shoe is available in wider width options.
Memory Foam Shoes for Urban Walking
- Leather and synthetic uppers for breathability and comfort.
- A comfortable cushioned memory foam insole.
- The mesh tongue is cushioned for a more comfortable fit.
- Metal top eyelets on the lace-up closure.
- A durable rubber outsole.
- This shoe is available in many colorful designs to choose from.
Urban Trail Walking Shoe
- Durable and highly breathable synthetic and textile upper construction.
- A thick and shock-absorbing, high traction rubber outsole.
- Strong>rearfoot gel cushioning to attenuate shock.
- A Duomax support system with dual-density midsole support and stability.
- It is made for a neutral arch type and ideal for walking o running.
- The outsole has a trail-specific tread for walking outdoors on uneven surfaces.
Sandals for Urban Walking
- Made with durable and mixed materials in the upper area.
- An open-toe sports sandal with three adjustable hook and loop straps and a rear pull-on loop.
- There is a Nylon shank for stability and a Shock Pad heel for shock absorbency.
- A compression Molded EVA midsole, for further support and comfort.
- The high traction outsole has water channeling lugs and a cushioned sponge EVA top sole.
Shoes for Walking in Urban Areas
- The shoes are classy and lightweight, with a breathable upper.
- They are available in plenty of colors from which you can choose.
- There is memory foam, a 5Gen cushioning system, and Goga Max High rebound cushioning insole for comfort.
- They are lined to control moisture, and the sole is a durable rubber.
Urban Area Walking Shoes
- The uppers are flexible, lightweight, and breathable.
- An ACTEVA Midsole and ABZORB are cushioning for shock absorbency.
- Inside is an Nb cushioning insole and a moisture-wicking lining.
- Many colors are likewise available.
Urban Area Walking Shoes
- Comfortable and athletic design sneakers.
- They have a sleek and classic design.
- There are a comfortable cushioned insole and supportive midsole,
- The uppers are fabric and synthetic.,
- More color optiosn are liekwis evaialble.
Urban Area Walking Shoes
- The shoes have leather uppers and Velcro closure straps.
- They are available in whites and black color options.
- There is a removable orthotic insole for comfort and a supportive midsole.
- They also have a durable rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Urban Walking
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Rockport® - Formal Shoes for Urban Walking||We are Rockin||Daisey||Rockport||96|
|2||New Balance® - Shoes for Urban Walking||MW877||WW411V2||New Balance||98|
|3||Skechers® - Memory Foam Shoes for Urban Walking||Afterbburn||Bright Blossoms||Skechers||97|
|4||Asics® - Urban Trail Walking Shoe||Gel Kahana||Gel Kahana||Asics||98|
|5||Teva® - Sandals for Urban Walking||Katavi||Tirra||Teva||98|
|6||Skechers® - Shoes for Walking in Urban Areas||Go Walk Equalizer||Go Walk Joy||Skechers||97.3|
|7||New Balance® - Urban Area Walking Shoes||680V6||680V6||New Balance||97|
|8||Skechers® - Urban Area Walking Shoes||Go Walk 5 Qualify||Go Walk 5 True||Skechers||97.6|
|9||Propet® - Urban Area Walking Shoes||LifeWalker||TourWalker||Propet||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Walking Shoes in a Nutshell
- Walking in an Urban Area
- Features of a Good Shoes for Urban Walking
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Urban Walking
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Urban Walking