Walking is becoming a much more friendly activity amongst many people. Many specialized walking shoes are available on the market today, but one of the top-rated brands is in the Brooks Walking shoe range.
Brooks specializes in manufacturing walking shoes that are comfortable, supportive, and durable. In addition, they offer high walking shoes that will provide you with many desired features.
The Difference Between a Walking Shoe and a Running Shoe
Brooks is well known for its great running shoes, so many people assume that any pair of Brooks running shoes can double up as a pair of walking shoes.
That may well be what is happening, but the fact is that running shoes are not suitable for walking and vice versa.
Necessarily, if you are looking for a pair of walking shoes, they should be flexible with flat and slightly smaller heels. Some of the Brooks running shoes are designed like that, so you’ll be able to walk comfortably in them.
Walking Shoes vs. Running Shoes;
- Flexibility – A walking shoe tends to be stiff and less flexible than a running shoe and does not flex in how a runner would need them to flex. Walking shoes are therefore not suitable for running or even fast-paced fitness walking.
- Cushioning – A runner needs more cushioning because they impact the ground with three times their body weight, whereas a walker only impacts about 1.5 times their body weight. Therefore, cushioning in the heel and forefoot is particularly advantageous to a runner but not someone who walks.
- Stability – Most running shoes are designed to ensure stability using a more built-up heel, although a runner who strikes with their heels or midfoot first should opt for a less established heel. A Walker will strike with their heel and roll through the step; therefore, a much flatter shoe is necessary.
- Heel Drop – Most walkers should look for an athletic shoe with the least difference in height from the heel to the toe; this is called a heel drop.
- The heel drop of a shoe is usually indicated in millimeters on the specs of the shoe.
- For Walking: Always look for a shoe with a heel drop less than 8mm.
- Midfoot Flexibility – Running and walking shoes both need some flexibility, running shoes tend to flex more at the arch or midfoot. This is to accommodate the differing needs of a runner that strikes either at the midfoot or with the ball of the foot.
Brooks Fitness Walking Shoes
If you plan on doing fitness walking, try to opt for a Brooks shoe that flexes at the forefoot, as walkers tend to push off with their toes.
A shoe that does not bend or flex should preferably be avoided for fitness walking.
Brooks Fitness walking shoes mainly flex at the forefoot, as walkers should push off with their toes.
A shoe that bends at the arch does not provide the platform for proper walking.
A shoe that doesn’t bend at all is unacceptable. Unfortunately, many shoes marketed as walking shoes do not flex at all. Therefore, they are unsuited for fitness walking.
Walking shoes that are Motion Control or Stability shoe is less flexible because of their medial posts and other features that aim to reduce excessive pronation. Therefore, if you require a motion control or stability shoe, you may have to sacrifice some flexibility in your walking or running shoes.
Features of a Good Brooks Walking Shoe
- Support and Cushioning – BioMOGO Midsole technology cushioning that offers excellent energy return. Hydrflow technology in the Rearfoot and Forefoot. The padded or cushioned footbed and a moisture-wicking lining. Triple Density PDRB POst on the medial sides of some models.
- Closure – Lace-up or Hooks and Loop fastening system.
- Uppers – Breathable mesh and synthetic leather uppers. Padded tongues and collars in some models.
- Outsole – High traction rubber outsole.
Video Review on Brooks Addiction Walking Shoes
Reviews: Best Brooks Walking Shoes
Below are some of the most popular and best-rated Brooks Walking shoes and their reviews;
We hope you love the shoes we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Walking Shoes for Fitness Walking
- The uppers are soft and supple full-grain leather for a more comfortable fit.
- A MOGO midsole provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Hydroflow technology ensures additional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The triple-density PDRB post on the medial side ensures industry-leading stability.
- Synthetic outsole delivers superb traction.
Hook and Loop Fastening Walking Shoe
- This shoe is the V-strap version of the one reviewed earlier.
- Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it has a great fit while mostly being a casual shoe.
- The hook and loop fastening mechanism ensures suitable fastening, and the energy-returning BioMoGo technology sole provides that one is very energetic all the time.
- Its popularity is partly based on its durability, as this shoe has been known to remain as good as new for years.
- This durability is due to the higher grain of leather they use in making these shoes.
Flat Feet and Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers.
- A durable and high-traction rubber outsole.
- The extended Caterpillar crash pad allows full ground contact and better heel-toe transitioning.
- The adjustable saddle design offers more targeted support.
- The Omega flex grooves give more fluidity and better forefoot movement.
Heavy Weight Walking Shoes
- The moisture-managing Element Mesh uppers will keep your feet dry and well-ventilated.
- A removable foam insole ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- The DRB Accel shank-like unit helps torsional rigidity in the midfoot.
- For enhanced durability, a Flextra rubber outsole for better support and flexibility with HPR Plus in high-wear areas.
Shoes for High Arches and Supination
- It is perfectly suited for those suffering from mild to moderate under pronation.
- This shoe comes with specially cushioned soles, which help absorb shock to such users with special needs.
- The new uppers offer protection from elements of nature.
- Extremely lightweight and has a breathable mesh fabric that aids in the prevention of bad odor.
- The overlays are of high quality made from durable and synthetic materials.
- The insole is made from unique S-257 material and is known for flexibility and cushioning.
- It also has unique crash pads protecting the heel and midfoot areas.
- This shoe is a particular favorite with walkers because it is designed for heel strikers.
- It is the preferred shoe for people who want to get the benefits of an almost Orthopedic Walking Shoes.
- Longevity and sturdiness make this a trendy shoe with avid walkers.
Stability Walking Shoe
- Knit uppers for a breathable glove-like fit.
- Energy-return DNA cushioning and shock absorbency.
- It comes with an innovative stability guide rail system.
- The rubber outsole is tough and offers high traction.
- It comes with a very lightweight and breathable upper construction with an anatomical fit design.
- A BioMoGo DNA cushioned midsole that adapts to every step.
- HRP plus a high abrasion-resistant insole for less friction.
- A comfort collar wraps around the heel and ankle for stability and support.
Running Shoes for UnderPronators
- They feature a full-length DNA cushioned insole for energy return and shock absorbency.
- There is an adjustable saddle construction for the best fit.
- The forefoot has softer blown rubber on the outsole for flexible grip.
- There are 3D print overlays for structural support and a durable rubber outsole for traction.
- The full-length Super DNA midsole ensures cushioned comfort and maximum energy return.
- The adjustable saddle construction provides a more comfortable and snug fit.
- The forefoot has a soft blown rubber for cushioning and grip.
- The 3D print overlays give structural support and reduce weight.
Walking and Running Shoe
- Available in many color selections to choose from.
- Delivers an energized feel with a leading cushioning technology.
- The uppers consist of breathable and lightweight materials.
- Enjoy an intuitive and adaptable Knit upper fit design.
- Available in Neutral color selections.
- A soft and cushioned feel insole and BioMoGo DNA cushioned midsole.
- Versatile and comfortable fit with soft mesh and synthetic uppers.
- Width and different extended size options are available.
Walking and Running Shoe
- Synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Responsive energy-returning cushioning in the sole.
- It offers a medium-relaxed fit.
- There is also a BioMoGo cushioned midsole.
What makes Brooks Walking Shoes Superior
Brooks walking shoes are durable and long-lasting, made from the finest quality materials for an exceptional quality product.
These walking shoes offer the right amount of cushioning as well as stability in walking shoes.
Brooks offers different types of Walking shoes with features that cater to various foot types and conditions and varying levels of pronation.
Index Table: Top Rated Brooks Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Brooks® - Walking Shoes for Fitness Walking||Addiction Walker 2||Addiction walker 2||Brooks||95|
|2||Brooks® - Hook and Loop Fastening Walking Shoe||Addiction V-Strap||Addiction V-Strap||Brooks||94|
|3||Brooks® - Flat Feet and Overpronation Walking Shoe||Adrenaline GTS 22||Adrenaline GTS 22||Brooks||96|
|4||Brooks® - Heavy Weight Walking Shoes||Stroke||Ravenna 11||Brooks||95|
|5||Brooks® - Shoes for High Arches and Supination||Ghost 15||Ghost 15||Brooks||96|
|6||Brooks® - Stability Walking Shoe||Bedlam 3||Bedlam 3||Brooks||97|
|7||Brooks® - Running Shoe||Anthem||Anthem||Brooks||98|
|8||Brooks® - Running Shoes for UnderPronators||Glycerin 19||Glycerin 19||Brooks||96|
|9||Brooks® - Walking and Running Shoe||Levitate 5||Levitate 5||Brooks||98|
|10||Brooks® - Walking Shoe||Revel 5||Revel 5||Brooks||98|
|11||Brooks® - Walking and Running Shoe||Launch 8||Launch 8||Brooks||98|
Table of Contents
- The Difference Between a Walking Shoe and a Running Shoe
- Brooks Fitness Walking Shoes
- Features of a Good Brooks Walking Shoe
- Video Review on Brooks Addiction Walking Shoes
- Reviews: Best Brooks Walking Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Fitness Walking
- Hook and Loop Fastening Walking Shoe
- Flat Feet and Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Heavy Weight Walking Shoes
- Shoes for High Arches and Supination
- Stability Walking Shoe
- Running Shoe
- Running Shoes for UnderPronators
- Walking and Running Shoe
- Walking Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe
- What makes Brooks Walking Shoes Superior
- Index Table: Top Rated Brooks Walking Shoes