Asics released date for the Gel Kahana 8 was on July 2016.
The Asics Gel Kahana 8 has the following updates compared to the 7 version.
- A Better ‘Experience of the trail’ like never before.
- Design the shoe for versatile mixed road and trail running shoe.
- Enhanced combination of cushioning, support, stability, and versatility, and wrapped into a good-looking package with less bulk.
The expected released date for the Asics Gel Kahana 9 is July 2020.
Latest Version of the Asics Gel Kahana (8)*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel Kahana 8 is around $85.
- Considering the versatility and cushioning of the shoe, this is already a bargain for both casual and professional runners.
- Running beginners who want to experience track and trail running would be overjoyed to know that they could satisfy their wants by buying just one shoe model, rather than two.
- This is not just a financial advantage because the features far exceed the price.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel Kahana 8 is a stability shoe which is recommended for a runner with low arches.
- Low arches give way to pronation, which is the foot’s natural inward rolling movement.
- This is a biomechanical issue that is common among runners with low and high arches.
- The Asics GEL Kahana is proven to decelerate mild to overpronation, and improve gait efficiency.
- The terrain for Asics Gel Kahana is clearly designed for trail running.
- It is lightweight and well-cushioned enough to use on the road, track and gravel.
- The shoe is pretty versatile to be alternately used on the both even and uneven surfaces, with slight irregularities in between.
- In fact, its outsole has trail-specific lugs which adapt to the terrain.
- It’s under surface it also conservative enough to be used on hard and even surfaces.
- Furthermore, the cushioning technologies present in the shoe minimize impact, whether in the track or trail.
- The Asics GEL Kahana is said to have a good balance of track and trail shoe features.
- It has a conservative treading style and well- cushioned upper, which fare well on the road.
- Trail-specific lugs and the DuoMax support provide great stability, comfort, and support for trail running.
- Since the shoe is made for both surfaces, it could not be used in serious trail and track runs for the lack of other features.
- Aside from mellow trails and the road, this shoe could also be used in the gym.
- The Asics Gel Kahana 8 is fares well despite heavy use.
- In terms of durability, the Asics GEL Kahana does not disappoint.
- The shoe may not be water-proof but it handles water well.
- It dries easily, thanks to the open mesh layers of the upper.
- The upper construction is also flexible and resilient to use on uneven terrain with slight irregularities.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel Kahana 8 base fit is for those who have mid-foot, heel and forefoot feet.
- The Asics GEL Kahana has a standard length for a trail shoe.
- It could only accommodate slender to medium widths.
- Runners with wider feet should consider other options or pick a half size that is bigger than their original size.
- The Asics Gel Kahana weighs approximately 337 grams for men and approximately 277 grams for women.
- These measurements can be considered standard for trail running shoes.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel Kahana is 38.1 mm. and 36.5 mm.
- The heel height could also be directly associated with the heel cushioning of the shoe.
- The Asics Gel Kahana’s forefoot height for men and women is 26.1 mm and 23.5 mm.
- This could influence the toe-off phase of the runner’s transition.
- The forefoot cushioning could also be influenced by the height and materials of the forefoot.
- In the case of Asics Gel Kahana, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 12 mm and 13 mm.
- The Asics GEL Kahana cannot promote a neutral gait because of the cushioning technologies in the shoe’s construction.
Components of the Asics Gel Kahana 8
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel Kahana is made of a Trail Specific sole.
- It helps the shoes adapt to varied terrain, whether the runner is going downhill or uphill.
- The outer sole of the Asics GEL Kahana seems tamed enough as compared to trail runners in the market.
- Its treading style is not aggressive, yet it could still be used in mellow trails and tracks with slight irregularities.
- It has the AHAR outsole, which improves the traction and grip of the shoe on both even and uneven surfaces.
- The Truss tic system is also present in the outsole to keep the weight of the sole at a minimum while improving its structural integrity for better transitions on the trail and track.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel Kahana is made from shoe technologies.
- Given that it is a stability runner, cushioning is very much expected to provide support and stability.
- The pronation control of the shoe is also dependent on its cushioning, which is why Asics has given utmost attention to this part.
- The SpEVA material covers the underfoot from forefoot to heel.
- At its middle is the DuoMax support system, which acts as the medial post of the shoe.
- Stability runners have a medial post which provides arch support and decelerates pronation while running.
- In addition, there is also the Rear Foot GEL cushioning system, which is strategically placed between the midsole and outsole in the heel region.
- It only covers the rear foot but provides great support and shock absorption on heel strike.
- The upper of the Asics Gel Kahana is made up of resilient and flexible open mesh layers, covering the whole structure.
- The upper construction of the Asics GEL Kahana is not far from its predecessors.
- In fact, there are only minimal changes in the latest version because nobody complained about the upper since the collection’s release.
- Synthetic overlays hold the mesh and retain its structured support to the foot.
- The upper facilitates air flow through the mesh and guarantees good ventilation during standby and while running.
- The traditional lacing system allows for a customized fit.
- The tongue and heel collar are padded enough to provide stability and step-in comfort.
- The Asics GEL Kahana is designed like a traditional shoe so runners won’t have trouble figuring out which is which.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Asics Gel Kahana (8)
- Components of the Asics Gel Kahana 8