The expected release date for the Asics Gel Kahana 9 is July 10, 2022.
The Asics Gel Kahana 9 will have the following updates compared to the current version.
- A Better ‘Experience of the trail’ like never before.
- Design the shoe for versatile mixed road and trail running shoes.
- Enhanced combination of cushioning, support, stability, and versatility, and wrapped into an attractive package with less bulk.
Latest Version of the Asics Gel Kahana*
Asics Gel Kahana
- The Latest Version of the Asics Gel-Kahana.
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel Kahana 9 is around $85.
- Considering the versatility and cushioning of the shoe, this is already a bargain for both casual and professional runners.
- Running beginners who want to experience track and trail running would be overjoyed to know that they could satisfy their wants by buying just one shoe model rather than two.
- This price is not just a financial advantage because the features far exceed the price.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel Kahana 9 is a stability shoe that is recommended for a runner with normal to low arches.
- Low arches foot sway to pronation, which is the foot’s natural inward rolling movement.
- Pronation is a biomechanical issue that is common among runners with low and high arches.
- The Asics GEL Kahana is proven to decelerate mild to overpronation and improve gait efficiency.
- The terrain for Asics Gel Kahana 9 is designed for trail running.
- It is lightweight and well-cushioned enough to use on the road, track, and gravel.
- The shoe is versatile to be alternately used on uneven surfaces, with slight irregularities in between.
- In ‘fact, its outsole has trail-specific lugs that adapt to the terrain.
- It’s under the surface; it is also conservative enough to be used on hard and even surfaces.
- Furthermore, the cushioning technologies present in the shoe minimize impact, whether in the track or trail.
- The Asics GEL Kahana is said to have a good balance of track and trail shoe features.
- It has a conservative treading style and well-cushioned upper, which fare well on the road.
- Trail-specific lugs and the DuoMax support provide excellent stability, comfort, and support for trail running.
- Since the shoe is made for both surfaces, you could not use it in serious trail and track runs for the lack of other features.
- Aside from mellow trails and the road, this shoe could also be used in the gym.
- The Asics Gel Kahana is faring well despite heavy use.
- In terms of durability, the Asics GEL Kahana does not disappoint.
- The shoe may not be waterproof, but it handles water well.
- It dries quickly, thanks to the open mesh layers of the upper.
- The upper construction is also flexible and resilient to use on uneven terrain with slight irregularities.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel Kahana base fit is for those who have mid-foot, heel, and forefoot feet.
- The Asics GEL Kahana has a standard length for a trail shoe.
- It could only accommodate slender to medium widths.
- Runners with wider feet should consider other options or pick a half size bigger than their original size.
- The Asics Gel Kahana weighs approximately 337 grams for men and around 277 grams for women.
- These measurements can be considered standard for trail running shoes.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel Kahana is 38.1 mm and 36.5 mm.
- The heel height could also be directly associated with the heel cushioning of the shoe.
- The Asics Gel Kahana’s forefoot height for men and women is 26.1 mm and 23.5 mm.
- This height helps the toe-off phase of the runner’s transition.
- The forefoot cushioning could also be influenced by the height and materials of the forefoot.
- In the case of Asics Gel Kahana, the heel-to-toe drop for men and women is 12 mm and 13 mm.
- The Asics GEL Kahana shoe’ promotes a neutral gait because of the shoe’s cushioning technologies in the shoe’s construction.
Components of the Asics Gel Kahana
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel Kahana is made of a Trail Specific sole.
- It helps the shoes adapt to varied terrain, whether the runner is going downhill or uphill.
- The Asics GEL Kahana’s outer sole seems tamed enough compared to trail runners in the market.
- Its treading style is not aggressive, yet you could still use it in mellow trails and tracks with slight irregularities.
- It has the AHAR outsole, which improves the traction and grip of the shoe on both even and uneven surfaces.
- The Truss tic system is also present in the outsole to keep the weight of the sole at a minimum while improving its structural integrity for better transitions on the trail and track.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel Kahana is made from shoe technologies.
- Given that it is a stability runner cushioning is very much expected to provide support and stability.
- The pronation control of the shoe is also dependent on its cushioning, which is why Asics has given utmost attention to this part.
- The SpEVA material covers the underfoot from forefoot to heel.
- At its middle is the DuoMax support system, which acts as the medial post of the shoe.
- Stability runners have a medial post that provides arch support and decelerates pronation while running.
- In addition, there is also the Rear Foot GEL cushioning system, which is strategically placed between the midsole and outsole in the heel region.
- It only covers the rear foot but provides excellent support and shock absorption on the heel strike.
- The upper of the Asics Gel Kahana is made up of resilient and flexible open mesh layers, covering the whole structure.
- The upper construction of the Asics GEL Kahana is not far from its predecessors.
- In fact, there are only minimal changes in the latest version about the upper since the collection’s release.
- Synthetic overlays hold the mesh and retain its structured support to the foot.
- The upper facilitates airflow through the mesh and guarantees proper ventilation during standby and while running.
- The traditional lacing system allows for a customized fit.
- The tongue and heel collar are padded enough to provide stability and step-in comfort in the Asics GEL Kahana is design won’t be a traditional shoe, so runners won’t have trouble figuring out which is which.
Asics Gel Kahana 9
Table of Contents