Asics released the Asics Gel DS Trainer 24 on April 2019.
The Asics Gel DS Trainer 24 will have the following updates:
- Improved support and efficiency, the Asics Gel DS Trainer will get an exoskeletal heel and a lighter frame.
- Better arch support and cushioning that overpronators need, through an upgrade to the Dual Density DuoMax system.
- Previous features such as the Guidance Line, which enable better running gait efficiency.
- Reduce the weight of the shoe, so you can do more miles when running.
The expected released date for the Asics Gel DS Trainer 25 is May 2020.
Latest Version of the Asics Gel DS Trainer*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel DS Trainer 24 will be around $130.
- This price is reasonable enough for this kind of shoes and a lot of runners really prefer this, especially the ones who need great support from their running shoe.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel DS Trainer 24 is light overpronation.
- This running shoe provides more stability for runners.
- If you are an overpronator, there is definitely a great need for support during running.
- These stability shoes also offer great midsole cushioning.
- This is the reason why you should know your arch and pronation type.
- These are very important to bear in mind if you are still choosing the right running shoes.
- Again, the Asics Gel DS Trainer is for stability that is needed by light overpronators.
- The terrain for Asics Gel DS Trainer is such as road, track, and gravel, the Asics Gel DS Trainer provides what you need.
- There are enough support and comfort that can enable you to run for long distances.
- The Asics Gel DS Trainer is used for normal training.
- Because of this shoe, you will be able to enjoy running on the allowed terrains.
- But aside from this, you can also have your performance improved.
- If you think that running is that easy, you are actually wrong.
- In fact, there are many people who hire their personal trainers so that they can have the best running experience without getting into trouble.
- The Asics Gel DS Trainer is carbon rubber material called the Asics High Abrasion Rubber.
- This training shoe also features a material that can be found in the heel, which contributes to its durability.
- This material, you are able to enjoy running with the Asics Gel DS Trainer running shoes.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel DS Trainer base fit is for those who have wide feet.
- Medium-sized feet can fit in the Asics Gel DS Trainer. Since there is a wide range of sizes that can fit, many people rejoice with this.
- Even if you force it, it will just create discomfort to your foot during running.
- As a result, instead of enjoying, you will just be annoyed and distracted with the fit.
- Furthermore, this performance shoe has the Heel Clutching System that provides a secure fit.
- With the sizing of this shoe, you must have a half size higher than your actual size.
- When I ordered this shoe, this was one of the problems that I encountered, and you should take note of this.
- The Asics Gel DS Trainer weighs approximately 278 grams for men and approximately 244 grams for women.
- These weights mean that this running shoe is more of a performance running shoe than a speed running shoe.
- It is possible for you to boost your performance in running with the help of this shoe.
- However, it may be difficult for you to make use of this for any speed work, such as joining marathons.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel DS Trainer is 33.1 mm and 31.8 mm.
- The advantage of adding heel height of the shoe is that it can shorten the Gastrocnemius-soleus and Achilles muscle, which can reduce the strain upon the different posterior running structures.
- However, you should also bear in mind that if the heel height is too high, it may be less stable, which can reduce the flexibility in the tendons.
- The Asics Gel DS Trainer’s forefoot height for men and women is 24.1 mm and 23.7 mm.
- Normally, forefoot heights are smaller compared to heel heights because most people land on their heels.
- The forefoot heights of both versions of the Asics Gel DS Trainer still provide enough height that can protect the foot.
- In the case of Asics Gel DS Trainer, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 9 mm and 8.1 mm.
- By definition, the heel to toe drop is the difference between the heights of the heel and forefoot.
- These offsets are enough, and might not lead to heel-striking. Typically, performance shoes do not have too high or too low heel to toe drop.
- If you have encountered a running shoe that has a zero-offset, that running shoe aims to provide runners a barefoot running experience
Components of the Asics Gel DS Trainer
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel DS Trainer is made of High Abrasion Rubber.
- The shoe’s outsole is always exposed to the harsh terrains that often encountered during every run.
- With this, the outsole really requires being very tough and durable so that it can make the shoe last longer.
- The presence of DuraSponge in the outsole is also very effective, especially when it comes to the shoe’s performance because this is also made of AHAR compound for better outer sole cushioning and flexibility.
- Wet Grip Outsole gives much better grip and traction even on irregular or flat surfaces.
- This makes the shoe very effective even on wet surfaces or extreme conditions.
- You would definitely feel confident with the shoe’s traction performance.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel DS Trainer is made from Solyte.
- This component is so light that it does not affect the overall weight of your shoe.
- It also has the Dynamic DuoMax Support System that basically minimizes the runner’s overpronation tendencies during running.
- This support is really very efficient because it works well with the Impact Guidance System or IGS.
- The guidance system serves as a guide to your foot movement as you go for a run.
- This gives a much better running experience with a very smooth heel-to-toe transition.
- Forefoot section in the midsole has the guidance line.
- The guidance line is actually made up of vertical flex grooves that improve the flexibility of the shoe, as well as improving the gait cycle efficiency.
- The upper of the Asics Gel DS Trainer is made up of Open Mesh to provide high breathability and comfort and with its Seamless Upper Construction.
- The use of Heel Clutching System secures and protects the runner’s heel section and provides a much better stability and support.
- You can also avoid the presence of bacteria because of the ComforDry Sockliner.
- This sock liner also helps in eliminating odor inside the shoe, as well as unwanted moisture.
- The Dual-Density Solyte Foam is used to really improve the cushioning of the shoe, particularly to provide a softer and more enhanced underfoot feel.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Asics Gel DS Trainer
- Components of the Asics Gel DS Trainer