Diabetic shoes are designed specifically to cater to foot conditions that are related to Diabetes.
Skechers offers a large range of shoes of different types that have most of these features. Skechers Diabetic shoes are ideal in fit and comfort features for feet affected by this condition.
What features Makes a Shoe a Diabetic Shoe
Firstly let us take a look at what features footwear needs to contain in order for them to be deemed as diabetic shoes;
- Interior Lining – Diabetes can cause the skin of your feet to be more fragile, and also will cause sores and scratches on your feet to take much longer to heal. This you want to prevent friction and irritation and look for shoes with a smooth and seamless lining.
- Non-Binding Uppers – You want less pressure on your feet because they may tend to swell and have other deformities such as bunions and hammertoes. A Non-Binding design is ideal.
- Roomy Fit – A deep and wide toe box, as well as extra depth design, is ideal for less pressure on your feet. Extra depth also allows you to use orthotic insoles.
- Cushioning – For underfoot comfort and shock absorbency you need shoes with good cushioning that are lightweight and comfortable.
- Stretchable Uppers – The Uppers can also offer a stretchable fit that will adapt to the shape of your feet as well as your movement, while still providing a snug and comfortable fit.
- Specialized Insoles – Many shoes come with specialized comfort and arch support insole that are ideal for diabetic feet. As you will see Skechers shoes do offer special technology insoles and footbeds.
Advantages of Wearing a Diabetic Shoe
The Construction and design of Diabetic shoes have many advantages in the prevention of foot issues and protection of your feet.
- They offer good motion control and stability when you may have overpronation or balance issues.
- They promote and enhance circulation to prevent numbness and swelling.
- The shoes protect your skin from breakdown and irritation.
- They prevent calluses and corns from forming.
- The shoes also reduce pressure in high pressure areas of your feet.
Diabetic shoes offer a comfortable and supportive fit for all conditions related to diabetes.
Features of a Good Skechers Diabetic Shoes
- Uppers and Fit – The Uppers of Skechers shoes come in a variety of materials such as engineered mesh, soft knit fabric, and mesh for most of their athletic shoe models. They also offer leather, and synthetic uppers, as well as soft textured canvas uppers depending on the shoe model. Some models may come with a padded or breathable mesh tongue. You can choose from streamlined and flexible fits or their relaxed fit models.
- Cushioning and Support Technology – Skechers feature many cushioning and support features in their shoe models. They use Ortholite foam technology that cushions and breathes well, along with Air Cooled Memory foam, Air Cooled Goga Mat, and Ultra Go cushioning. You also get the Arch Fit models that have an anatomical arch support and cushioned footbed.
- Outsole – The Outsole will most lily be a durable rubber with some variations such as Flex grooves for Flexibility, or parametric web design outsoles for traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Options – Skechers shoe models do offer variety in colors and some models have wide and extra wide width options available.
Reviews: The Best Skechers Diabetic Shoes
Shoe for Diabetes
- The Skechers GoWalk 5 is a slip on comfortable walking shoe that is perfect for diabetic feet.
- It has flexible and soft mesh uppers with a smooth lining,
- There is a lightweight and dual density Ultra GO sole with Comfort pillar technology for shock absorbency,
- Inside is an Air-Cooled Goa Mat insole for cushioning.
- You can machine wash these shoes and they are quick drying.
- There are also plenty of colors and wider widths available.
Wide Width Diabetic Shoes
- The Skechers Afterburn and D’Lites are relaxed fit fashionable shoes for diabetes.
- These models come in many colors and variations as well as wider width options.
- They feature plush memory foam cushioning and a shock absorbing thick sole.
- The tongue is a cushioned mesh and the uppers are leather and synthetic.
- These shoes have a durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Walking Shoe for Diabetes
- The Skechers GO Walk Arch fit range is a supportive shoe for diabetic feet.
- They have engineered mesh soft knit uppers fabric with a smooth and breathable lining.
- Inside is an Ortholite foam insole layer for cushioning, and Ultra GO lightweight, but responsive cushioning, and Air Cooled Goga Max Technology.
- There are also High-Rebound comfort pillars in the sole and the arch is an anatomical supportive fit.
- You can choose from more colors and widths options that are available in this model.
- Here we have two sandal models from Skechers that are likewise ideal for Diabetic feet.
- They have a synthetic leather and textile uppers with adjustable straps for the perfect fit.
- The Louden has a memory foam cushioned footbed and a more relaxed fit.
- The On the Go 600 has a platform sole with 5Gen cushioning and a Goga Max high rebound insole.
- You can get both sandal models in more color options for your perusal.
Walking Shoe for Diabetes
- The Skechers GoWalk 5 are athletic high performance shoes for feet affected by arthritis.
- They have soft woven knit mesh fabric uppers and a comfortable lining.
- The Top sole is cushioned with Air Cooled Goga Mat that is lightweight and supportive.
- The midsole is shock absorbing and the outsole is a durable rubber.
- This model is available in many width options, as well as more colors, from which you can choose as you wish.
Diabetic Walking Shoes
- The Skechers D’Lux us a comfortable and elegant shoe for diabetic feet.
- It has mesh uppers and offers a more relaxed fit.
- Inside is a plush memory foam cushioned insole and a Bio Dri smooth lining.
- The outsole is a high traction durable rubber, that will ensure excellent slip resistance and long lasting comfort.
Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Diabetic Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Shoe for Diabetes||Go Walk 5 Slip On||Go Walk 5 Slip On||Skechers||98.3|
|2||Skechers® - Wide Width Diabetic Shoes||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||98|
|3||Skechers® - Walking Shoe for Diabetes||Go Walk Arch Fit||Go Walk Arch Fit||Skechers||97|
|4||Skechers® - Diabetic Sandals||Louden||One the Go 600 Brilliancy||Skechers||97.4|
|5||Skechers® - Walking Shoe for Diabetes||GoWalk 5 Lace Up||GoWalk 5 Lace Up||Skechers||97.3|
|6||Skechers® - Diabetic Walking Shoes||D’Lux||D’Lux||Skechers||97|
Table of Contents
- What features Makes a Shoe a Diabetic Shoe
- Advantages of Wearing a Diabetic Shoe
- Features of a Good Skechers Diabetic Shoes
- Reviews: The Best Skechers Diabetic Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Skechers Diabetic Shoes