The expected release date for the Nike Downshifter 12 is on August 2, 2023.
The Nike Downshifter 12 will have the following main updates:
- The Nike Downshifter 12 will be an incredibly affordable daily training shoe model with some great improvements.
- It will be lightweight, flexible, and highly breathable for daily training and wear.
- There will be a much wider and roomier fit in general with a true-to-size size option.
- The cushioning will be comfortable and suitable for beginner training shoes.
- Generally, the new model will be seemingly lightweight, with cooling mesh in the uppers and a more flexible fit.
- You may also enjoy some of the new planned color and design options.
Previous model of the Downshifter:
The Nike Downshifter 11 release date was on February 16, 2022.
Latest Version of the Nike Downshifter*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Nike Downshifter 12 will be $70.
- As you can see, the new Downshifter from Nike will remain affordable, even with all the improvements that are to come.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The Nike Downshifter 12 will have moderate cushioning and support features with a balanced feel.
- It will be ideal for neutral pronation, as well as for high and normal arch types.
- However, I would not recommend it for overpronation and flat feet.
- It will be ideally suited for roads.
- You may use it on the regular gym and indoor floor surfaces, as the sole will provide good traction in general.
- The new model will be the perfect everyday jogging and training shoe model.
- It will be suited for walking and all-day casual wear as well.
- The new model will be as durable as its predecessor.
- Being an affordable model, it will be of good quality from a well-known brand.
Fit and Sizing
- The Fit will be much more accommodating and roomy.
- There will be normal, wide, and extra-wide width options available.
- The shoes will be quite lightweight.
- There will be a weight of 266 for the men and 249 for the ladies.
Elevation of the Nike Downshifter 12
- The Forefoot height will be aimed at around 19.9 mm for ladies.
- For the men, the forefoot height will be 24.5 mm.
- For the ladies, the heel height will be 31.5 mm.
- For the gents, the heel height will be around 33 mm.
- There will be an estimated 8.5 mm heel-to-toe drop.
- The heel-to-toe drop will be generous and ideal in a training shoe model.
Components of the Nike Downshifter 12
- The Nike Downshifter 12 will have a harder outsole with a softer feel midsole.
- The rubber outsole will have improvements for better grip n pavements and solid floor surfaces.
- The Midsole will offer softer underfoot cushioning and support, which will be ideal for neutral pronation and arch types.
- There will be light stability, with more flexibility in the forefoot area.
- The Uppers will have a very lightweight and cooling design, that will wick away moisture and keep your feet well ventilated.
- They are expected to be mesh with reinforced areas, for durability and structure in the shoe.
- There will be a more comfortable and wider fit in the toe box.
Nike Downshifter 12
Table of Contents