In case you suspect or being diagnosed with having plantar fasciitis, you should act fast and look for the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis, as this condition can be persistent and can further damage other tissues in your feet.
Index Table: Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||Vionic||95|
|2||Asics® - Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis||Asics||95|
|3||Skechers® - Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes||Skechers||97|
|4||New Balance® - Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe||New Balance||95|
What is Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a very painful condition where at the bottom of the foot, the plantar fascia becomes inflamed due to many reasons.
When this happens, the plantar fascia or a tissue ligament (which is easier to understand) becomes swollen and irritated. Hence, for such persons, it is crucial that they wear special shoes that are specifically designed managing this condition.
Though there are many such shoes available in the market who claim to be fit for this, there are only a few who pass off as shoes that are suitable for wearing while having a plantar fasciitis. Hence, customers need to exercise care and caution when perusing such information.
Complications of Plantar Fasciitis
One of the main symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis is a sharp, stabbing pain at the bottom of your foot particularly at the heel area. The pain is at its worst after sleeping or sitting when you first get up and take a few steps. Plantar Fasciitis pain can also be triggered by standing for long periods of time and can become worse after exercising.
Usually, your Plantar Fascia acts as a shock absorber bowstring that supports the arch of your foot. Tension and stress on the Plantar Fascia create small tears, and constant stretching and tearing can cause the Plantar Fascia to become inflamed and irritated causing pain. In many cases, the exact reason for this is unclear, although there are some risk factors.
- Plantar Fasciitis can develop with age because of the wear and tear on your feet.
- It is more common in individuals over the age of 40.
- Certain activities and types of exercise where repetitive strain is placed on your heels can contribute to the onset of Plantar Fasciitis.
- Activities such as long distance running, ballistic jumping, dancing and many other repetitive motion sports are risk factors.
- Spedning many long hours on your feet on a daily basis.
- People with flat feet or lower arches or even just an abnormal walking pattern can also develop Plantar Fasciitis when extra strain is placed on the Plantar Fascia.
- Excess weight gain, foot injuries, and certain medical conditions are also said to be one of the leading causes.
- When you work, and hard floor surfaces and are on your feet all day the impact from standing or walking on these surfaces may cause damage to the Plantar Fascia if you do not wear supportive and shock absorbing footwear.
If you leave Plantar Fasciitis untreated, you may experience chronic foot pain which can hinder your regular activities. Because of the pain, you may change the way you walk which in turn can damage your knees, back or hips. Therefore make sure to find the proper shoes or orthotic devices to support your feet and treat Plantar Fasciitis before it becomes a problem.
Anatomy of a Good Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- A proper fitting shoe that is not worn out.
- Good arch Support.
- A cushioned insole.
- A deeper and supportive heel cup.
- Shock absorbing characteristics.
- A durable and thick outsole.
Reviews: Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Over the next few lines we will have a look at different top brands of shoes that have been specially designed for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis;
Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes: The Vionic Orthaheel Walking Shoe is a highly recommended shoe for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis. Though this looks like any other ordinary shoe, it has been designed by podiatrists for use by those who suffer from symptoms associated with plantar fasciitis.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It uses a very high-quality arch support system.
- It is extremely popular for those who suffer from flat feet, heel pain, calluses, the ball of foot pain, bunions and of course plantar fasciitis.
- It has a classy look because of the mesh upper sole and a midsole shock absorber.
- Human-made sole – specifically designed to keep you always on the move.
- It comes with a built-in ortho heel footbed that is very useful for controlling the motions of users suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- This Shoe is built to last, and at the same time, it is extremely comfortable to wear.
- This shoe is popular for its combination of sturdiness, comfort, and design.
- Asics Gel-Tech Walker is known to be one of the best shoes for standing all day.
- Removable insole lets you customize it furthermore according to your needs.
- Soft sole & shock-resistant technology: help you in case you suffer from knee pain or plantar fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention to its midsole.
- This ‘Rocker Bottom Shoes’ are perfect for removing the pressure from any particular point at the foot, this, in turn, helps alleviate the pain that comes with plantar fasciitis.
- The Shape-Ups XT is a very wide width shoe and its one of the main reason it fits overweight people who typically tend to have heel pain or plantar fasciitis.
- The Skechers Shape-Ups XT have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, so the rolling effect is very even from the heel to the front.
- This Skechers shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still have a ridged stable feeling.
- The rubber soles can help to cushion the weight and ease the pain under the heel.
- This shoes is also one of the best shoes for knee pain.
Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe
- A ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rearfoot stability.
- High-quality shoe made from the best quality leather; comfortable and breathable.
- The compression molded EVA midsole ensures excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
- Cushioned and broad natural rubber outsoles to increase grip and helps subside plantar fasciitis and heel spur pain.
- A 13mm heel to toe drop which is ideal in a walking shoe for flat feet.
- Dual density collar foam adds a great feel while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
Look No Further
You are sure to find the perfect shoe for the required occasion from the list mentioned above. As you can see, there are plenty of options in different styles and brands of shoes that will help to alleviate the pain and further damage that Plantar Fasciitis can cause.
Table of Contents
- Index Table: Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- What is Plantar Fasciitis
- Complications of Plantar Fasciitis
- Anatomy of a Good Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Reviews: Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes
- Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe
- Look No Further