In case you suspect or being diagnosed with having plantar fasciitis, you should act fast and look for the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis, as this condition can be persistent and can further damage other tissues in your feet.
Comparison Table of Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||Vionic||95|
|2||Asics® - Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis||Asics||95|
|3||Skechers® - Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Shoes||Skechers||97|
|4||New Balance® - Heavy Weight Plantar Fasciitis Shoes||New Balance||96|
|5||Orthaheel® - Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis||Orthaheel||95|
|6||Timberland® - Steel Toe Work Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||Timberland||96|
|7||Orthofeet® - Plantar Fasciitis Extra Wide Dress shoes||Orthofeet||95|
|8||Dansko® - Dress Flats for Plantar Fasciitis||Dansko||95|
|9||Salomon® - Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe||Salomon||94|
|10||Asics® - Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes||Asics||96|
|11||Brooks® - Breathable Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe||Brooks||95|
What is Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a very painful condition where at the bottom of the foot, the plantar fascia becomes inflamed due to many reasons.
When this happens, the plantar fascia or a tissue ligament (which is easier to understand) becomes swollen and irritated. Hence, for such persons, it is crucial that they wear special shoes that are specifically designed managing this condition.
Though there are many such shoes available in the market who claim to be fit for this, there are only a few who pass off as shoes that suit wearing while having a plantar fasciitis. Hence, customers need to exercise care and caution when perusing such information.
The Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
One of the main symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis is a sharp, stabbing pain at the bottom of your foot particularly at the heel area. The pain is at its worst after sleeping or sitting when you first get up and take a few steps. Plantar Fasciitis pain can also be triggered by standing for long periods of time and can become worse after exercising.
Usually, your Plantar Fascia acts as a shock absorber bowstring that supports the arch of your foot. Tension and stress on the Plantar Fascia create small tears, and constant stretching and tearing can cause the Plantar Fascia to become inflamed and irritated causing pain. In many cases, the exact reason for this is unclear, although there are some risk factors.
Plantar Fasciitis can develop with age because of the wear and tear on your feet; Plantar Fasciitis is also more common in individuals over the age of 40.
Certain activities and types of exercise where repetitive strain is placed on your heels can contribute to the onset of Plantar Fasciitis. Activities such as long distance running, ballistic jumping, dancing and many other repetitive motion sports are risk factors.
People with flat feet or lower arches or even just an abnormal walking pattern can also develop Plantar Fasciitis when extra strain is placed on the Plantar Fascia.
Excess weight gain, foot injuries, and certain medical conditions are also said to be one of the leading causes of Plantar Fasciitis and flat feet.
When you work, and hard floor surfaces and are on your feet all day the impact from standing or walking on these surfaces may cause damage to the Plantar Fascia if you do not wear supportive and shock absorbing footwear.
If you leave Plantar Fasciitis untreated, you may experience chronic foot pain which can hinder your regular activities. Because of the pain, you may change the way you walk which in turn can damage your knees, back or hips. Therefore make sure to find the proper shoes or orthotic devices to support your feet and treat Plantar Fasciitis before it becomes a problem.
What to look for when choosing shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- A proper fitting shoe that is not worn out.
- Good arch Support.
- A cushioned insole.
- A deeper and supportive heel cup.
- Shock absorbing characteristics.
- A durable and thick outsole.
Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Over the next few lines we will have a look at different top brands of shoes that have been specially designed for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis;
Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
The Vionic Orthaheel Walking Shoe is a highly recommended shoe for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis. Though this looks like any other ordinary shoe, it has been designed by podiatrists for use by those who suffer from symptoms associated with plantar fasciitis.
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It uses a very high-quality arch support system.
- It is extremely popular for those who suffer from flat feet, heel pain, calluses, the ball of foot pain, bunions and of course plantar fasciitis.
- It has a classy look because of the mesh upper sole and a midsole shock absorber.
- Human-made sole – specifically designed to keep you always on the move.
- It comes with a built-in ortho heel footbed that is very useful for controlling the motions of users suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
The Asics Gel-Tech Walker is a walking shoe that is quite robust and ready for miles of walking.
- This Shoe is built to last, and at the same time, it is extremely comfortable to wear.
- This shoe is popular for its combination of sturdiness, comfort, and design.
- Asics Gel-Tech Walker is known to be one of the best shoes for standing all day.
- Removable insole lets you customize it furthermore according to your needs.
- Soft sole & shock-resistant technology: help you in case you suffer from knee pain or plantar fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Shoes
The Skechers Shape-Up Fitness shoe has a great style and unbelievable comfortable feel.
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention to its midsole.
- This ‘Rocker Bottom Shoes’ are perfect for removing the pressure from any particular point at the foot, this, in turn, helps alleviate the pain that comes with plantar fasciitis.
- The Shape-Ups XT is a very wide width shoe and its one of the main reason it fits overweight people who typically tend to have heel pain or plantar fasciitis.
- The Skechers Shape-Ups XT have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, so the rolling effect is very even from the heel to the front.
- This Skechers shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still have a ridged stable feeling.
- The rubber soles can help to cushion the weight and ease the pain under the heel.
- This shoes is also one of the best shoes for knee pain.
Heavy Weight Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
One of the Major Causes of Plantar Fasciitis is being Overweight – This shoe is designed as the Best Shoe for Overweight People.
- The New Balance M1540v2 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rearfoot stability.
- It’s lightweight upper constructed with mesh for breathability and a synthetic complement for stability and structure.
- This is a very high-quality shoe made from the best quality leather, and it is also very comfortable and breathable.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual density collar foam adds a great feel while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole is providing a more stable base and motion control.
- It has the best of rubber soles, and it has natural rubber soles which increase grip and helps a lot for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis.
- At the end of the day, there is no denying the fact that it is a great shoe.
Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
The Orthaheel Slide is a high-quality orthopedic sandal, designed by podiatrists
- This sandal has a biomechanical orthotic footbed providing a steady stride and motion control.
- Designed with a deep heel cup to support the back of your feet and relieve the plantar fasciitis pain.
- It has a durable, yet soft rubber outsole which further cushions the impact of the weight of your feet.
- Overall, this is a great Flip Flop stylish sandal with orthopedic properties.
Steel Toe Work Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
The Timberland Pro Work Boots are orthopedic high-quality best work boots for plantar fasciitis
- These are Steel Toe Industrial Work Boots designed for maximum durability to withstand the rough and tough environments.
- These boots are designed to minimize impact via unique shock-absorbing cones that support and reduce foot fatigue.
- Contoured insoles provide cushion and support at the heel
Best Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis7
Plantar Fasciitis Extra Wide Dress shoes
The Orthofeet Chelsea and Gramercy are orthopedic dress shoes that have a wider fit to accommodate various foot conditions including Plantar Fasciitis.
- Anatomical arch support and gel Orthotic insoles with ergonomic cushioning to soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box to accommodate Bunions and hammertoes for a more comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole providing excellent grip.
Dress Flats for Plantar Fasciitis
Dansko is well known for its supportive and comfortable design. The Annie and Walker from Danso are comfortable and therapeutic dress shoes perfect for every occasion.
- Full grain soft and supple leather uppers for a superior fit.
- A comfortable and supportive removable triple density footbed.
- The durable outsole is slip-resistant and lightweight.
- The lightweight polyurethane midsole ensures proper shock absorption and energy return.
Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis9
Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
The Salomon XR Mission is a fantastic running shoe for those who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis; this shoe is also slip and water resistant making it perfect for the outdoors.
- The soles are made from high-quality rubber, and it is often considered as one of the best features of this shoe.
- This shoe has a Winter-ready Contagrip outsole with protective toe cap
- The heels and the rear soles are designed to give protection to the back heel area and also massage the tissue.
- It is water resistant and slips resistant, which is crucial for those suffering from plantar fasciitis or its symptoms.
Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
One of the best choices in running shoes is the Asics Gel Nimbus 19 with its exceptional features that also accommodates foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
- The uppers are made from breathable textile and synthetic materials with FluidFit technology combining multi-directional stretch mesh and stretch reinforcements adapting to the runner’s foot.
- The seamless construction of this shoe reduces potential irritation and friction.
- A Fluidride midsole for cushioning and bounce back energy return.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning reduces the impact on the feet, absorbs shock and provides better movement on multiple planes.
- An exoskeletal heel counter delivers better support and a better heel fit.
- This exceptional running shoe is rounded off with a durable, high-quality rubber sole.
- Available in many color options.
Breathable Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 is a comfortable and breathable running shoe with a cushioned design that will alleviate pain caused by Plantar Fasciitis.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers that are flexible for a more customized fit.
- The comfortable fabric lining prevents friction and creates a better in-shoe feel.
- A removable molded foam insole provides lightweight and supportive underfoot cushioning.
- The BioMoGo DNA provides gender friendly cushioning ensuring a more dynamic ride.
- This shoe is available in many different color options to choose from.
Plantar Fasciitis Socks
- Made from moisture wicking breathable fabric that ensures no odors
- Provide all day relief from plantar fasciitis, foot pain, and swelling!
- Made with the best compression and sports technology!
- The foot and ankle support and compression socks stimulate healing via blood flow to speed recovery.
- Support socks that ease arch pain and boost blood circulation to bring relief from conditions like morning foot pain, plantar fasciitis, and blood pooling.
Look No Further
You are sure to find the perfect shoe for the required occasion from the list mentioned above. As you can see, there are plenty of options in different styles and brands of shoes that will help to alleviate the pain and further damage that Plantar Fasciitis can cause.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table of Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- What is Plantar Fasciitis
- The Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- What to look for when choosing shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Shoes
- Heavy Weight Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
- Steel Toe Work Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Socks
- Look No Further