Sandals are ideal for warmer weather as a casual leisure pair of footwear, but when you suffer from Plantar fasciitis, even your casual footwear needs to provide support and comfort for this condition.
What exactly is Plantar Fasciitis
Your foot has a flat band of tissue or ligament connecting your heel bone to your toes; this tissue is called your plantar fascia. When the plantar fascia becomes strained, it can weaken and become swollen or irritated causing heel pain.
How is Plantar Fasciitis Caused
Stress or strain from activity or sports, as well as an injury, can cause Plantar Fasciitis. You will notice that the pain from Plantar fasciitis is at its worst when you have been sleeping or sitting down for a while and then get on your feet. This is why it is so important to have a pair of supportive and comfortable shoes ready when you get on your feet again. Going barefoot is most likely the worst choice for Plantar Fasciitis.
What to Look for in A Good Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
People who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis need footwear that provides proper arch support and cushioning that will allow the plantar fascia time to heal and that will reduce pain.
A removable footbed that provides contoured arch support is always the best option in a good shoe for Plantar Fasciitis, because it allows you the choice of your own orthotic inserts as necessary. The shoe that you choose should also accommodate your arch type for example; a low, neutral or high arch, as well as accommodate supination (when your inner foot turns out as you walk) or pronation (when your inner foot turns in as you walk).
Features of a Good Sandal for Plantar Fasciitis
- Arch Supportive and Cushioned Insole or footbed
- A contoured footbed that cradles the foot offers the best support.
- A comfortable and flexible fit for easy movement.
- A durable and shock absorbing rubber outsole that offers good grip.
- A comfortable and supportive midsole such as an EVA midsole.
- A deeper heel cup.
Top Plantar Fasciitis Sandals Reviews
Here are some of the best sandals for plantar fasciitis available that aid in reducing the pain from your heel and that will provide you with the necessary support and comfort;
Birkenstock Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- Comfortable leather-like uppers lined with soft fabric and available in many different colors.
- The Birkenstock footbed offers exceptional arch support and cushioning while contouring to the shape of your foot.
- A deep heel cup and roomy toe area made the Birkenstock Arizona even more comfortable and sought after as a sandal for many foot conditions.
- The EVA outsole is flexible and lightweight while also absorbing shock and staying durable.
Hiking Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
For the outdoor adventurer, Keen has introduced the Newport H2 sandal for those hot summer hikes and trips outdoors. The Keen Newport h2 is comfortable, supportive and an adamant performer.
- Keen Newport H2 features a razor zipped outsole with 3mm lugs for the best traction you can get on different terrains.
- The uppers have washable polyester webbing with an Aegis Microbe Shield to keep your feet free from odor and infection.
- The keen patented toe offers protection against bumps and scrapes wherever the road may take you.
- A comfortable and supportive footbed will prevent heel or foot pain and keep you comfortable all day.
- A large color variety available.
Lightweight Plantar Fasciitis Sandal
The Chaco ZVolve 2 offers lightweight comfort and support with contemporary aesthetics in a classic Chaco design.
- Adjustable webbing straps made from synthetic materials constructed in a crisscross silhouette with a toe loop make up the comfortable uppers.
- The classic and traditional LUVSEAT PU footbed is airy and offers the softest underfoot cushioning that you will find.
- A nylon shank has been embedded in the Chaco ZVolve to provide extra protection and stability in the shoe.
- The durable and non-marking outsole ensures secure footing and all-day comfort and protection.
- A variety of colors available to choose from for every taste in style.
Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Sandal
ECCO aim at manufacturing natural and comfortable footwear without causing any harm to the environment. The ECCO Yucatan is a flexible and lightweight sandal that offers ultimate support and comfort using only the best technologies.
- The Nubuck leather uppers are fitted with a stretch fit textile lining to give you only the most comfortable fit and long-lasting durability.
- The CMEVA footbed of the ECCO Yucatan is covered with a dual density AgionA treated lining that inhibits bacterial growth and reduces odor for happy and healthy feet.
- The PU midsole is directly injected and a full length is featuring Receptora technology for improved shock absorption and support.
- A durable and flexible rubber outsole finishes off the Ecco Yucatan for a comfortable and long-lasting sandal.
Leather Slide Sandal for Plantar Fasciitis
The Olukai Ohana offers full comfort and support with active durability and traction on any floor surface.
- Stylish and comfortable full grain leather uppers with a jersey knit lining a neoprene back, and Velcro closure offers a comfortable and custom fit for all-day wear.
- The footbed consists of an anatomical compression-molded EVA midsole and a full grain high character leather drop-in footbed ensuring exceptional comfort and support.
- The ocean inspired outsole offer superior wet and dry traction and is manufactured from durable and long-lasting gum rubber that is non-marking.
Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
The Orthaheel sandal is a high-quality orthopedic flip-flop sandal, designed by podiatrists.
- This sandal has a biomechanical orthotic footbed providing a steady stride and motion control.
- Designed with a deep heel cup to support the back of your feet and relieve the plantar fasciitis pain.
- It has a durable, yet soft rubber outsole which further cushions the impact of the weight of your feet.
- Overall, this is a great Flip Flop stylish sandal with orthopedic properties.
Heel Spurs Therapeutic Slide Sandal
The OOFos OOahh is a therapeutic Heel Spurs, and Plantar Fasciitis relief slide sandal featuring textured a footbed and split upper.
- This sandal will make it feel like you are walking on springs or clouds with perfect arch support to start immediate healing.
- These sandals are not fashionable, but they will give you great relief when walking with them at home.
- Made from a patented breakthrough oofoam – they hold firmly to your foot to ensure unbelievable impact absorption, arch support, and natural motion.
You can step out in style and complete comfort with any one of these supportive sandals. Choose your style and what will meet your personal requirements and be sure that heel pain is a worry of the past. With the added arch support and cushioning that each of these sandals offers you are sure to see great results in no time and to enjoy comfort without the pain.
Comparison Table: Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Birkenstock® - Birkenstock Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis||Birkenstock||95|
|2||Keen® - Hiking Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis||Keen||95|
|3||Chaco® - Lightweight Plantar Fasciitis Sandal||Chaco||94|
|4||ECCO® - Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Sandal||ECCO||96|
|5||Olukai® - Leather Slide Sandal for Plantar Fasciitis||Olukai||96|
|6||Orthaheel® - Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Orthaheel||95|
|7||OOFOS® - Heel Spurs Therapeutic Slide Sandal||OOFOS||95|
Table of Contents
- What exactly is Plantar Fasciitis
- How is Plantar Fasciitis Caused
- What to Look for in A Good Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Features of a Good Sandal for Plantar Fasciitis
- Top Plantar Fasciitis Sandals Reviews
- Birkenstock Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
- Hiking Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
- Lightweight Plantar Fasciitis Sandal
- Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Sandal
- Leather Slide Sandal for Plantar Fasciitis
- Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Spurs Therapeutic Slide Sandal
- Comparison Table: Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis