Whether you are a professional chef, cook or just a father who has the chore of cooking meals at home, cooking can be a tough job with many hazards involved. Cooking requires you to be on your feet for many hours usually in a kitchen that becomes quite hot. For all these reasons you will need a pair of shoes that are breathable and comfortable with the required support and protective features for working in a food industry environment for many hours.
Comparison Table for Best Kitchen Workers Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Clogs for Kitchen Workers||Crocs||96|
|2||Best Kitchen Chef's Shoes||Dansko||96|
|3||Slip On Kitchen Workers Shoes||Dansko||95|
|4||Heavy Duty Chef Boots||Blundstone||95|
|5||Slip resistant Kitchen Work Shoe for Narrow Feet||Mozo||95|
|6||Wide Kitchen Work Shoes||ASICS||96|
Hazards in the Kitchen
A kitchen can be quite a dangerous place to work in with all the sharp objects, hot liquids, and foods as well as electrical equipment and slippery floor surfaces. So you will need a shoe that provides protection against all these hazards while still giving you the maximum amount of support and comfort.
The best Shoes for the Kitchen
You might be tempted to wear your usual comfortable or dress shoes for working in a kitchen or restaurant, but this is ill-advised.
Shoes that are best for working in the food industry have specific features making them unique for a kitchen environment.
Slip ons the best kitchen shoes because you can take them off and put them on quickly and easily as needed.
Comfort is also a crucial factor along with support because you will be moving around and on your feet for long hours, therefore a shoe with a thick platform, slight heel, lots of padding and a contoured midsole will be the best.
Take into consideration to also have a shoe that is flexible and lightweight because in the food industry especially with waitressing you need to be quick on your feet. Because you are going to be working in an environment that can get quite hot breathability is a must to ensure your feet keep dry and to prevent chafing, blisters, and infection. Lastly and most importantly you need protective features for the environment that you are working in, slip resistant outsole is at the top of the list for safety requirements, then characteristics such as oil and water resistance, a steel or composite toe, durable abrasion resistant construction and electrical hazard protection are also quite important.
Why Should You Choose the Best Kitchen Shoes
Any job where you are required to stand on your feet all day can cause some serious health issues in the long run as well as potential injuries, therefore it is vital to have supportive and comfortable shoes. Because of the many hazards in a kitchen, it is just as important to have protective features to prevent injuries.
What to Look for When Buying a Kitchen Shoe
- Comfort and Cushioning.
- Good arch support.
- Outer Soles that are slip resistant and offer good traction and grip.
- Spill and Stain resistance.
Top Kitchen Shoe Reviews
We have put together a list of some of the top rated shoes for use in the kitchen and food industry today taking into consideration the required comfort, protection, and durability characteristics;
Clogs for Kitchen Workers
The Crocs Bistro has been designed particularly as a work shoe for the food service industry. They meet the slip-resistant and ASTM F1677 safety standards and are also made to provide the maximum comfort and support for work long shifts.
- Slip resistant standard rated tread that provides increased traction on wet and oily floors.
- An enclosed design with a thicker metatarsal area protecting the feet from spills.
- Made from Croslite material that will conform to your feet creating a comfortable custom fit.
- Can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Crocs Lock technology that is slip resistant and ASTM F1677 tested and rated.
- Extra dense Vamp for improved protection along with the famous cushioned footbed for superb comfort and support.
Best Kitchen Chef's Shoes
A trendy looking, professional class men and women’s clog with padded insteps to cushion your feet and ankles. A breathable and comfortable shoe that is lightweight and durable.
- AMPA approved, and SATRA tested for slip resistance in an oily environment.
- A polyurethane midsole and metal shank to absorb shock and improve stability.
- The leather sock liner is breathable and comfortable.
- A dual density Eva Midsole with cushioned memory foam insoles for maximum cushion and comfort.
- Constructed with premium pull up leather for comfort and durability.
- The higher toe box allows for some wiggle room.
- Available in many colors such as Black Cabrio, oiled brown and black burnished nubuck.
Slip On Kitchen Workers Shoes
Dansko Wayne is a stylish slip on shoe that can be worn in the kitchen as well as in the office because of its dress shoe appearance. An excellent choice for an executive or sous chef that is required to be in and out of the kitchen frequently.
- The outsole is slip resistant on wet and oily floor surfaces.
- A removable triple density Eva Midsole for great comfort and support.
- A low profile shape and lightweight construction for when you need to be quick on your feet.
- An added anti-microbial and anti-odor inner lining to keep your feet dry, fresh and protected against infections.
- A 1.5-inch heel to reduce pressure.
Heavy Duty Chef Boots
If you work in a fast paced kitchen with loads of action and just as many hazards, then the Blundstone 72 is perfect for you. Blundstone is a shoe that originates in Australia made sturdy and durable for the outback.
- Poron XRD in the heel strike zone for shock protection and underfoot comfort.
- A polyurethane midsole that is resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attacks.
- The thermal urethane outsole is a slip, oil, and acid resistant as well as heat resistant up to 284 degrees Celsius.
- An ergonomically engineered toe spring to reduce foot fatigue.
- A steel shank is ensuring correct step flex pointing and torsional stability.
- A lightweight, comfortable and durable shoe.
- Cleaned easily using a damp microfiber cloth.
- Available in Stout Brown and Brown leather color variations.
Slip resistant Kitchen Work Shoe for Narrow Feet
Mozo Sharks have been designed by renowned chefs, for renowned chefs. They are comfortable, lightweight and durable as well as very easy to clean.
- Lightweight with added side ventilation for breathability.
- Gel insoles for extra cushioned comfort and support.
- Slip-resistant rubber outsoles for oily and wet floor surfaces.
- The uppers are constructed from durable and easy to clean synthetic materials.
- A narrow fit for slimmer feet.
- A slip on shoe with dual goring insets.
Wide Kitchen Work Shoes
- The GEL-Foundation Workplace series by Asics includes a Slip-Resistant outsole.
- It is a great wide width chef shoes as well as for waiters and waitresses.
- This model was designed with OrthoLite® Insoles combined with GEL cushioning and Trusstic construction to help you stay on your feet in comfort until the end of your shift.
- The GEL-Cushioning technology provides the ultimate in shock absorption – enables to lighten the weight and load on your feet.
As with every other profession, the right shoe for you may not be the right shoe for any other chef, so you own personal preference and requirements must be at the top of the list. The shoes that we have listed should give you a good idea on what is the most popular on the market today that will offer you a variety of safety, comfort and aesthetic characteristics. A kitchen can be a dangerous place to work in, so always make sure that you are protected from head to toe.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Best Kitchen Workers Shoes
- Hazards in the Kitchen
- The best Shoes for the Kitchen
- Why Should You Choose the Best Kitchen Shoes
- What to Look for When Buying a Kitchen Shoe
- Top Kitchen Shoe Reviews
- Clogs for Kitchen Workers
- Best Kitchen Chef's Shoes
- Slip On Kitchen Workers Shoes
- Heavy Duty Chef Boots
- Slip resistant Kitchen Work Shoe for Narrow Feet
- Wide Kitchen Work Shoes