The arch of your foot makes up the most important part of the entire structural` composition of your feet. Your foot’s arch bears all your weight when you walk or run as well as absorbing. The arch of your foot makes up the most important part of the entire structural` composition of your feet. Your foot’s arch bears all your weight when you walk or run as well as absorbing the pressure and shock from each step that you take. As the result of certain medical conditions, genetics, weight gain, and other factors the arch height may vary in each person.
Index Table for Arch Support Flip Flops
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Toe Post Sandal with Arch Support and Motion Control||Vionic||98|
|2||Arch Support Flip Flops||SOLE||90|
|3||Arch Support Flip Flop Sandal||Olukai||95|
|4||Cushioned Sandal for Arch Support||Oofos Ooriginal||96|
|5||Nubuck Leather Arch Support Flip Flop||FitFlop||96|
|6||Arch Support Flip Flop||New Balance||96|
|7||Sandals with Arch Support||Stridetek||95|
|8||Toe Post Arch Support sandal||Vionic||94|
Some people have high arches where other have low arches, and some are in between which we consider as normal arches. The proper supportive footwear for your arches is of vital importance to prevent musculoskeletal problems that can lead to an injury, loss of activity or even a disability. People tend only to choose good supportive shoes when they buy work or sports shoes, dress shoes and casual shoes that are worn at home are usually neglected. It is just as important that the shoes that you wear casually at home for example slippers or flip flops are also supportive and comfortable.
Different Types of Arches
To see what type of arch you have, low, neutral or high you can wet your feet and press them on a surface that will show the pattern. A flat or low arch will have a little curve from the big toe to the heel where a high arch will show a thin strip from the heel to the ball of the foot. You will also observe a flat foot or low arch when your entire foot rests on the floor when you are standing. A normal arch will show a print that is in between that of a high and low arch. People with different arch types need different levels of support; a normal arch also needs good support in order to reduce pressure and keep the foot healthy.
The Importance of Arch Support
High or low arches can often lead to conditions called over or under pronation which normally occurs with activities such as walking, running and sports. It is particularly important that a shoe providing good arch support is worn for these activities to prevent injuries and problems resulting from over or under pronation.
People with lower arches should look for shoes providing motion control and stability to prevent excessive inward rolling of the foot. People with high arches should look at shoes that are more cushioned and have a curved shape encouraging the foot to roll more inward. Neutral arches can settle for average cushioning and motion control.
The Benefits of Flip Flops
Flip Flops do not seem like shoes that can give much support or cushion, although today there are many designs of flip flops that aim particularly at providing support and comfort for foot conditions and pronation.If you choose the correct make and model of flip flop, you will have all day support and comfort in a shoe that you can wear at home, in the garden, and on the beach. Flip Flops are easy to wear convenient shoes perfect for the summer and particularly for feet that tend to sweat excessively or swell.
The Top rated Flip Flops With Arch Support
We have researched and listed some of the best available Flip Flops with their reviews; that provide support for low, normal and high arches;
Toe Post Sandal with Arch Support and Motion Control
The Vionic Flip Flop Sandal with Orthaheel technology is the perfect flip flop sandal for high, low or neutral arches as it provides both cushioning and motion control.
- Comfortable leather uppers that are soft and light on your feet.
- A perfect sandal for recovery after a sports injury.
- The Motion Control footbed is biomechanically designed and contoured and made from triple-density EVA.
- Added rear foot stability and cushioning for shock absorption and support.
- The forefoot and heel are cushioned to relieve pressure and reduce strain.
- Available in different color options.
- A tough and durable Vibram outsole providing good grip on many surfaces.
Arch Support Flip Flops
A classic and sporty flip flop for everyday wear, the SOLE Sport is comfortable and water friendly, a great choice for wearing to the beach and swimming pool. This flip-flop provides good cushioning and support that is perfect for higher and neutral arches.
- Cushioned footbed for added support and shock absorbency.
- Soft synthetic straps offer a comfortable and relaxed fit.
- The ultra soft polyester liner ensures all-day comfort.
- The synthetic sole offers excellent traction for on and off the beach.
- Available in five different colors
Arch Support Flip Flop Sandal
- A soft nylon toe post webbing with a laser etched logo and embroidery detail for a more classy appearance and a comfortable fit.
- The rubber sole is non-marking featuring a coral reef lug design for exceptional traction on many surfaces.
- The upper strap is water resistant made from synthetic materials with a soft textile lining.
- An anatomical ICEVA drop-in footbed with a compression molded EVA midsole promises you superior comfort, support, and shock absorbency.
- Available in a large variety of colorful designs.
Cushioned Sandal for Arch Support
The OOfos OOriginal flip flop features the famous OOfos OOfoam for comfort and support and enhances natural articulation. A fantastic flip flop for any foot type or arch height.
- The famous OOfoam will give you cushioned support and comfort.
- A durable rubble outsole that ensures excellent grip and traction.
- Enhances impact absorption and natural foot articulation.
- Provides excellent arch support for any arch type.
- A durable and sturdy shoe that is machine washable
Nubuck Leather Arch Support Flip Flop
The FitFlop Trakk Li and Lulu is a more stylish dress sandal that can be worn casually as well as for a more formal outing or occasion. This sandal provides well-cushioned support as well as a more generous fit for a wider foot.
- The uppers are made from high-quality Nubuck leather with a skinny toe post.
- The rubber outsole is durable and gives excellent grip.
- The original micro wobble board technology ensures a generous fit, particularly for a wider foot.
- The quick-stick adjustable fastening is excellent for a great fit around the instep.
- The uppers are also padded with an antibacterial mesh liner.
- Available in a variety of men’s and women’s colors.
Arch Support Flip Flop
Another perfect all-rounder that is suitable for a low, high and neutral arch, the New Balance Pure Align Flip Flop provides fantastic support and aids in realigning the foot into its natural position.
- The contoured footbed with its 360-degree heel cup and anatomical arch support is perfect for every arch type.
- A durable TPR outsole that is flexible and provides good grip on different surfaces.
- The synthetic PU uppers with a mesh lining are breathable and supportive for a comfortable fit.
- A durable, stylish and versatile sandal.
- Available in a few different colors.
Sandals with Arch Support
The FlipThotic Orthotic Sandal is a real breakthrough in technology in an ever popular flip flop. The patented design and added comfort and support features ensure you the maximum performance and arch support.
- The patented metatarsal riser pad aids in encouraging biomechanics throughout the entire stride.
- The rubber outsole provides exceptional grip and traction capabilities.
- An oversized compression point ensures great rebound and comfort with each heel stride.
- A deep heel cup helps to stabilize the foot with lateral movements.
- An EVA arch support enhances the foot’s natural enhancement by molding to the shape of the arch.
Toe Post Arch Support sandal
The Vionic Wave is a comfortable and lightweight toe post sandal that has a supportive EVA midsole and is available in a wider width.
- Soft mesh webbing uppers with a jersey knit lining that are lightly padded.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- The medium density EVA footbed with textured pads offers comfort and shock absorption.
- A waterproof construction to keep your feet dry.
- A lightweight and supportive flip flop sandal.
- Available in a few color varieties.
Wouldn’t it feel great if you could kick off your work shoes at the end of the day and swap them for a comfortable and supportive pair of flip flops? Think about taking a stroll to the beach or the pool with a pair of flip flops that provide support and shock absorbency correctly for your foot and arch type.
Make sure that you choose the perfect fit because comfort and support are just as important outside of work and sports activities when you are lounging or relaxing.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for Arch Support Flip Flops
- The Arch
- Different Types of Arches
- The Importance of Arch Support
- The Benefits of Flip Flops
- The Top rated Flip Flops With Arch Support
- Toe Post Sandal with Arch Support and Motion Control
- Arch Support Flip Flops
- Arch Support Flip Flop Sandal
- Cushioned Sandal for Arch Support
- Nubuck Leather Arch Support Flip Flop
- Arch Support Flip Flop
- Sandals with Arch Support
- Toe Post Arch Support sandal