The arch of your foot makes up the most important part of the entire structural` composition of your feet. Your foot’s arch bears all your weight when you walk or run as well as absorbing the pressure and shock from each step that you take. As the result of certain medical conditions, genetics, weight gain and other factors the arch height may vary in each person.
Index table for Arch Support Flip Flops
|1||Vionic Men's Bryce - Toe Post Sandal with Arch Support and Motion Control||Vionic||98|
|2||SOLE Men's Sport - Arch Support Flip Flops||SOLE||90|
|3||Olukai Men's Ohana - Arch Support Flip Flop Sandal||Olukai||95|
|4||Oofos Ooriginal Men's Sport - Cushioned Sandal for Arch Support||Oofos Ooriginal||96|
|5||FitFlop Men's Track Li - Nubuck Leather Arch Support Flip Flop||FitFlop||96|
|6||New Balance Men's Pure Align - Arch Support Flip Flop||New Balance||96|
|7||Flipthotics Men's Orthotic - Sandals with Arch Support||Flipthotics||95|
|8||Vionic Men's Wave - Toe Post Arch Support sandal||Vionic||94|
Some people have high arches where other have low arches, and some are in between which we consider as normal arches. The proper supportive footwear for your arches is of vital importance to prevent musculoskeletal problems that can lead to an injury, loss of activity or even a disability. People tend only to choose good supportive shoes when they buy work or sports shoes, dress shoes and casual shoes that are worn at home are usually neglected. It is just as important that the shoes that you wear casually at home for example slippers or flip flops are also supportive and comfortable.
Different Types of Arches
To see what type of arch you have, low, neutral or high you can wet your feet and press them on a surface that will show the pattern. A flat or low arch will have a little curve from the big toe to the heel where a high arch will show a thin strip from the heel to the ball of the foot. You will also observe a flat foot or low arch when your entire foot rests on the floor when you are standing. A normal arch will show a print that is in between that of a high and low arch. People with different arch types need different levels of support; a normal arch also needs good support in order to reduce pressure and keep the foot healthy.
The Importance of Arch Support
High or low arches can often lead to conditions called over or under pronation which normally occurs with activities such as walking, running and sports. It is particularly important that a shoe providing good arch support is worn for these activities to prevent injuries and problems resulting from over or under pronation.
People with lower arches should look for shoes providing motion control and stability to prevent excessive inward rolling of the foot. People with high arches should look at shoes that are more cushioned and have a curved shape encouraging the foot to roll more inward. Neutral arches can settle for average cushioning and motion control.
The Benefits of Flip Flops
Flip Flops do not seem like shoes that can give much support or cushion, although today there are many designs of flip flops that aim particularly at providing support and comfort for foot conditions and pronation.If you choose the correct make and model of flip flop, you will have all day support and comfort in a shoe that you can wear at home, in the garden, and on the beach. Flip Flops are easy to wear convenient shoes perfect for the summer and particularly for feet that tend to sweat excessively or swell.
The Top rated Flip Flops With Arch Support
We have researched and listed some of the best available Flip Flops with their reviews; that provide support for low, normal and high arches;
- Comfortable leather uppers that are soft and light on your feet.
- A perfect sandal for recovery after a sports injury.
- The Motion Control footbed is biomechanically designed and contoured and made from triple-density EVA.
- Added rear foot stability and cushioning for shock absorption and support.
- The forefoot and heel are cushioned to relieve pressure and reduce strain.
- Available in Gray/Black and Khaki colors.
- A tough and durable Vibram outsole providing good grip on many surfaces.
- Cushioned footbed for added support and shock absorbency.
- Soft synthetic straps offer a comfortable and easy fit.
- The ultra soft polyester liner ensures all-day comfort.
- The synthetic sole offers excellent traction for on and off the beach.
- Available in five different colors
- A soft nylon toe post webbing with a laser etched logo and embroidery detail for a more classy appearance and a comfortable fit.
- The rubber sole is non-marking featuring a coral reef lug design for exceptional traction on many surfaces.
- The upper strap is water resistant made from synthetic materials with a soft textile lining.
- An anatomical ICEVA drop-in footbed with a compression molded EVA midsole promises you superior comfort, support and shock absorbency.
- Available in a large variety of colorful designs.
- The famous OOfoam will give you cushioned support and comfort.
- A durable rubble outsole that ensures good grip and traction.
- Enhances impact absorption and natural foot articulation.
- Provides excellent arch support for any arch type.
- A durable and tough shoe that is machine washable
- The uppers are made from high-quality Nubuck leather with a skinny toe post.
- The rubber outsole is durable and gives good grip.
- The original micro wobble board technology ensures a generous fit, particularly for a wider foot.
- The quick-stick adjustable fastening is excellent for a great fit around the instep.
- The uppers are also padded with an antibacterial mesh liner.
- Available in chocolate brown and timber wolf colors.
- The contoured footbed with its 360-degree heel cup and anatomical arch support is perfect for every arch type.
- A durable TPR outsole that is flexible and provides good grip on different surfaces.
- The synthetic PU uppers with a mesh lining are breathable and supportive for a comfortable fit.
- A durable, stylish and versatile sandal.
- The patented metatarsal riser pad aids in encouraging biomechanics throughout the entire stride.
- The rubber outsole provides exceptional grip and traction capabilities.
- An oversized compression point ensures great rebound and comfort with each heel stride.
- A deep heel cup helps to stabilize the foot with lateral movements.
- An EVA arch support enhances the foot’s natural enhancement by molding to the shape of the arch.
- Soft mesh webbing uppers with a jersey knit lining that are lightly padded.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- The medium density EVA footbed with textured pads offers comfort and shock absorption.
- A waterproof construction to keep your feet dry.
- A lightweight and supportive flip flop sandal.
Wouldn’t it feel great if you could kick off your work shoes at the end of the day and swap them for a comfortable and supportive pair of flip flops? Think about taking a stroll to the beach or the pool with a pair of flip flops that provide support and shock absorbency correctly for your foot and arch type.
Make sure that you choose the perfect fit because comfort and support are just as important outside of work and sports activities when you are lounging or relaxing.
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Index table for Arch Support Flip Flops
- Different Types of Arches
- The Importance of Arch Support
- The Benefits of Flip Flops
- The Top rated Flip Flops With Arch Support
- Vionic Men's Bryce Toe Post Sandal with Arch Support and Motion Control
- SOLE Men's Sport Arch Support Flip Flops
- Olukai Men's Ohana Arch Support Flip Flop Sandal
- Oofos Ooriginal Men's Sport Cushioned Sandal for Arch Support
- FitFlop Men's Track Li Nubuck Leather Arch Support Flip Flop
- New Balance Men's Pure Align Arch Support Flip Flop
- Flipthotics Men's Orthotic Sandals with Arch Support
- Vionic Men's Wave Toe Post Arch Support sandal