Overpronation is a condition when there is an excessive inward rolling of the feet after landing.
It is a situation where the feet continue to roll inward when they should be pushing off forward.
Overpronation usually occurs in people with flat feet or fallen arches, but it is not limited to this type of foot arches.
This condition can lead to knee pain, ankle pain, and shin splints.
How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
One sure method to determine if you are an overpronator is to look at the bottom of your shoes.
If you see a pattern of wear that is on the inside of the shoe (the yellow color in the image below), then most probably, you are an Overpronator and possibly have flat feet.
Hence, an over-pronator needs to look for walking or casual shoes for overpronation to correct this condition to avoid injuries and excessive pressure on the inner side of the feet.
Wearing the correct footwear or using an Insole for Overpronation can significantly aid in correcting the condition and provide relief of pain caused by overpronation.
Two Shoes Types for Oevrpronation
You get two shoe designs for Overpronation, which refers to their specific features;
- Stability Shoes – Stability shoes have stability features and a more rigid sole that helps control pronation. They are ideal for light to moderate overpronation.
- Motion Control Shoes – Motion control shoes completely control motion, have a thick rigid sole and usually have a rollbar or similar features. They are ideal for severe overpronation.
Features of a Good Overpronation Shoe
- Uppers – mesh leather or synthetic upper offering a secure, more locked-in supportive fit.
- Support and Cushioning features – Firmer cushioning in the insole and midsole for shock absorbency. A more rigid sole and support features.
- Outsole – Outsole that flexes only in the ball of foot area. Rubber and a high traction tread.
Reviews: Walking Shoes for Overpronation
The shoes we have chosen are all well-known brands with top ratings and reviews that are excellent options to help correct overpronation and eliminate pain.
Walking Shoe for Overpronator
- Incorporating antimicrobial properties, ensuring your feet’ health by eliminating undesired bacteria while preventing nasty smells.
- The ‘928’ has a large toe box intended to lessen joint inflammation and provide extra toe movement, which is critical in relieving bunion pain.
- People with wide feet would undoubtedly like the “New Balance 928” because it is produced in extra-wide sizes, A vital aspect in a correct posture.
- Advisable for those who have diabetes. A combination of soft material and soft insoles. It reduces horizontal movement of the foot within the shoe and limits the motion of foot joints. This shoe is advisable for those suffering from overpronation with a firm heel and arch support system and a non-binding structure.
- Nearly all substantial users rate this kind of “New Balance” shoes pretty high on comfort, layout, and strength.
- There are a few possible causes of heel pain, such as being overweight and excessive exercise; in this case, your feet require the extra cushioning provided by this shoe to help inhibit the inflammation at the bottom of your feet.
- A non-marking outsole, perfect for vulnerable floors, such as the gym and yachts.
Walking Shoe for Overpronation
- The Revel 2 is available in a few neutral color selections and wider width options for persons with flat feet who tend to Overpronate.
- The BIOMOGO Technology cushioned insole ensures superb impact resistance and keeps your feet comfortable.
- The mesh and synthetic upper offer a comfortable, adaptable fit that breathes easily.
- A durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction and resistance against abrasion.
Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It is prevalent for those who suffer from flat feet, heel pain, calluses, ball of foot pain, and bunions.
- The shoe offers a classy look with mesh uppers and a Shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- There is a synthetic durable, and high-traction sole.
- It has a built-in Orthoheel insole very useful for controlling foot gait.
Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Lightweight mesh and synthetic leather are used to manufacture the shoe’s uppers.
- Its elastane with a Lightning Dry moisture-wicking lining reduces foot fatigue and keeps your feet dry and fresh.
- The ABZORB cushioning and Ortholite foam insert provide lightweight support and comfort.
- A Rollbar stability system ensures that you do not pronate excessively.
- A durable rubber outsole with Ndurance rubber compounds on all the high-wear areas of the outsole.
Overpronation Walking Shoes
- From Asics, the Gel-Contend is a top running and walking shoe for persons who tend to Overpronate.
- The Gel-Contend features GEL cushioning in the rearfoot to attenuate shock and a cushioned Amplifoam midsole.
- Inside the Gel-Contend is a moisture-wicking sock liner with Ortholite cushioning.
- On the Outside, we have a durable rubber outsole and mesh and synthetic leather uppers.
Walking and Running Shoe for Overpronation
- The Saucony Omni ISO is a road walking and running shoe for individuals who tend to overpronate.
- The shoe has a plush cushioning system and a moisture-wicking lining.
- The Omni offers excellent arch support and stability for neutral and overpronators.
- There are a durable road and track rubber outsole and a fabric sole.
Overpronation Walking Shoe
- The Asics Gel Cumulus is a Top walking and Running shoe with stability features ideal for Overpronation.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus features a Gel Cushioning system and Flytefoam propelling technology.
- There is a removable sockliner for comfort and moisture management and seamless mesh and fabric uppers for breathability.
- The rubber outsole ensures excellent traction.
Index Table: Walking Shoes for Overpronation
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Overpronator||928v3||928v3||New Balance||95|
|2||Brooks® - Walking Shoe for Overpronation||Revel 5||Revel 5||Brooks||97|
|3||Vionic® - Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes||Walker||Walker||Vionic||95|
|4||New Balance® - Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe||847V4||847V4||New Balance||96|
|5||Asics® - Overpronation Walking Shoes||Gel Contend 7||Gel Contend 7||Asics||98|
|6||Saucony® - Walking and Running Shoe for Overpronation||Omni ISO||Redeemer ISO||Saucony||98|
|7||Asics® - Overpronation Walking Shoe||gel Cumulus 24||Gel Cumulus 24||Asics||98|
Table of Contents
- How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
- Two Shoes Types for Oevrpronation
- Features of a Good Overpronation Shoe
- Reviews: Walking Shoes for Overpronation
- Walking Shoe for Overpronator
- Walking Shoe for Overpronation
- Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Overpronation Walking Shoes
- Walking and Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Index Table: Walking Shoes for Overpronation