Pronation is basically the inward rolling of your feet when you walk and run; it forms part of the natural movement, which helps your lower legs deal with shock from impact.
Some people tend to pronate more, which is called overpronation.
Overpronation could affect the way you walk or run and can cause injuries or foot conditions in the long run.
This is why choosing the correct running shoes for your pronation type is such an important factor.
The Cycle of Pronation
Pronation occurs at the joint that lies just below your ankle, called the subtalar joint.
When your foot lands on the ground during walking or running, it is called the initial contact or gait cycle; it is at this cycle or point where there is an inward rolling motion called pronation.
What type of Running Shoe is the Best for Over Pronation
When you overpronate, you need a shoe that provides maximum support, structured cushioning, and excellent stability is the best type of running shoe.
A stable running shoe distributes the impact of running much more effectively and thus minimizes pronation.
Medial post support, arch support via a firmer midsole, or extra cushioned motion control are good characteristics to look for in a running shoe for overpronation.
There are mainly two types of running shoes for Overpronation;
- Motion Control – Motion control running shoes are designed more for severe overpronation.
- Stability – Stability running shoes are ideal for light to moderate overpronation and are easier to find in a running shoe.
Features of a Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Uppers – Lightweight and breathable uppers that are non-irritating to the skin.
- Support – Stability and or motion control technology. A medial post support.
- Cushioning – A cushioned insole or midsole. Good shock absorption.
- Outsole – A durable, shock absorbent and grippy outsole.
Reviews: Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
Here are some of the top-rated running shoes with fantastic characteristics aimed and correcting overpronation;1
Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe
- Seamless and breathable uppers for optimal support and stability without irritation.
- A re-engineered heel clutching system for a secure and comfortable fit.
- A ComforDry sock liner that provides plush cushioning and moisture-wicking capabilities for a cool and dry run.
- The Gel cushioning system provides the best in shock absorption and support and, along with the Impact Guidance System, helps to enhance the foot’s natural gait cycle.
- A durable and long-lasting outsole offers good grip and traction.
Cushioned Running Shoe for Overpronation
- The uppers on the Wave Rider consist of breathable mesh with synthetic overlays for structural stability.
- Thie Neutral running shoe is good for under-pronation and even slight Overpronation, yet it will work best for moderate Overpronation.
- The Wave rider features new technology, a Dual compound midsole, that is much more responsive.
- There is ultra-soft cushioning inside the shoe and a snug and comfortable fit, with moisture-wicking linings.
WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators
- Very Wide width shoes for even a giant foot.
- Lightweight and comfortable uppers with a conformable saddle.
- An adjustable eyelet for a secure and comfortable fit.
- The BioMoGo DNA midsole offers superb cushioning that adapts to every step and stride.
- A Progressive Diagonal Rollbar keeps your feet in their natural position and guides the body back to its natural motion.
- The full-length segmented crash pad provides a smoother heel-to-toe transitioning and absorbs shock on impact.
Severe Overpronation Running Shoes
- This shoe was built to handle severe overpronation.
- It has a lot of features, including high-quality rubber soles that absorb shock quite effortlessly.
- The forefoot has specially designed flex grooves and it is considered to be among the best wide toe box walking shoes.
- It also has unique N2 low-to-the-ground cushioning.
- It is also suitable for those who are looking for quality diabetic care shoes.
- The medial post comes with a new technology called Stabilicore, which ensures maximum stability.
- The antimicrobial footbed is well cushioned for total comfort.
Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Comfortable and breathable upper construction for the best fit.
- The Fluidride technology delivers a combination of bounce back and cushioning that is lightweight and exceptionally durable.
- A Dynamic Duomax support system enhances stability and support with less weight.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel cushioning to attenuate shock during impact and ensure lasting comfort.
- The durable outsole provides excellent traction and long-lasting wear.
Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- The rubber soles are of good quality, and it has an 8 mm heel to toe drop, which is very useful for those suffering from overpronation.
- It also has other features like an arch lock and supports frame for helping people suffering from overpronation.
- It also has a midsole that is made from EVA Foam of dual-density.
- The outsole is also very durable and made from a unique compound known as XT-900.
- So, when looked at in totality, it offers good value for money.
Running Shoes for Over-Pronation
- The Nike Lunarglide has good arch support, and at the same time, they are lightweight.
- You can wear these shoes for an everyday casual look and for running on roads or treadmills.
- The reflective silver on the uppers allows you to run or walk at night, ensuring better visibility.
- Flyknit material and Flywire cables help greatly with support structured into the shoe without looking bulky.
Overpronation Athlethic Runners
- Runner’s World recently gave this latest variant as the Greatest Update of the year.
- The shoe uses its trademark PDRB triple-density medial post, which will be its primary motion control technology that managed to get the best athletic shoe for overpronators, so it remains the top motion control shoe in the marketplace.
- This shoe now also offers irregular top overlays that keep the arch nicely supported.
- Brooks added a higher heel and a caterpillar heel pad to prevent further overpronation, which corrects the Runner’s and Walker’s heel landings better.
Over Pronator Running Shoes
Index Table: Running Shoes for Overpronation
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe||Gel Kayano 28||Gel Kayano 28||Asics||97|
|2||Mizuno® - Cushioned Running Shoe for Overpronation||Wave 24||Wave 24||Mizuno||96|
|3||Brooks® - WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators||Adrenaline GTS 21||Adrenaline GTS 21||Brooks||96|
|4||New Balance® - Severe Overpronation Running Shoes||M940V3||M940V3||New Balance||95|
|5||Asics® - Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation||GT 2000 9||GT 2000 9||Asics||95|
|6||Saucony® - Best Running Shoes for Overpronation||Omni 19||Omni 19||Saucony||95|
|7||Nike® - Running Shoes for Over-Pronation||LunarGlide 9||Revolution 5||Nike||94|
|8||Brooks® - Overpronation Athlethic Runners||Addiction 14||Addiction 14||Brooks||96|
|9||Saucony® - Over Pronator Running Shoes||Redeemer ISO 2||Redeemer ISO 2||Saucony||96|
Every runner that tends to overpronate should opt for a shoe that delivers maximum support and structured cushioning to provide added stability. A maximum support shoe is one of the most stable shoes you can find that helps greatly to reduce overpronation. Running shoes that provide support or cushioning will effectively help your feet distribute impact when you are running.
Table of Contents
- The Cycle of Pronation
- What type of Running Shoe is the Best for Over Pronation
- Features of a Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Reviews: Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe
- Cushioned Running Shoe for Overpronation
- WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators
- Severe Overpronation Running Shoes
- Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Running Shoes for Over-Pronation
- Overpronation Athlethic Runners
- Over Pronator Running Shoes
- Index Table: Running Shoes for Overpronation
- To Conclude