If you overpronate, you need to wear specific shoes to correct this condition even when you stand or walk lightly in the office or at formal events.
Here are some of the best dress shoes for overpronators;
How Does Overpronation Affect Your Feet
When you Overpronate, the Outer Edge of your heel hits the ground first as you land, and then your feet roll inwards towards the arch of the foot.
This, in turn, causes your feet to latten, which stretches the muscles in the arches, tendons, and ligaments, not only of the feet but lower limbs as well.
Some issues related to overpronation include;
- Reduced Impact Resistance – When you Overpronate, there is a disproportionate impact on the heels, and the weight of your body does not get displaced more evenly when you walk, which can, in turn, damage and cause strain on your ligaments and joints.
- Plantar Fasciitis – This is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in the heel area because of Overpronation and, in most cases, flat or fallen arches that exert excess pressure on the heels.
- Ankle Sprains – Because of the unbalanced movement and strain on critical muscles when you overpronate, you are also more likely to suffer ankle sprains.
How will Proper Footwear Help With Overpronation
Whether it is a dress shoe for going out or just a casual wearing shoe, the proper support and control for overpronation is always necessary;
- Arch Support – Arch support is important to keep proper alignment and disbursement of weight when you walk. Most individuals who overpronate have a low or flat arch and should seek shoes that offer this specific type of arch support.
- Stability Features – A shoe that offers a secure fit with a firm sole that only bends slightly at the ball of the foot will aid with proper stability and balance. Features such as a contoured sole and more profound heel cup help to keep the foot in place to more control motion and prevent overpronation.
- Anatomical Support – A biomechanically designed or anatomically shaped footbed ensures that the foot is properly aligned and also controls motion and movement for a more natural stride and less overpronation.
Features of Good Dress Shoe for Overpronation
- Stability and or motion control technology.
- A cushioned insole or midsole.
- Medial post support.
- Good shock absorption.
- There is a durable, shock-absorbent, and grippy outsole.
- The Uppers are Lightweight and breathable, non-irritating to the skin.
Reviews: Best Dress Shoes for Overpronation
One of the most difficult shoe type to find when you overpronate is, of course, a DRESS shoe, so we have done some thorough research and found some highly supportive and comfortable Dress shoe types, which are equally stylish and fashionable as well as ideal for Overpronation;
Dress Shoes for Overpronation
- Podiatrist-designed biomechanical orthotic footbed with deep heel cup.
- Patterned tread durable rubber outsole provides traction on a variety of surfaces.
- EVA midsole: lightweight, flexible, shock absorb and pressure-reduced on the knees, ankles, and feet.
Flat Feet Overpronation Dress Shoe
- Made from 100% Leather Uppers.
- Microfiber footbed provides the shape of the foot for a personalized fit.
- Steel shank provides stability.
- The rubber outsole provides traction control and shock absorption to help reduce foot fatigue
Overpronation Dress Shoe
- The Rockport Ireland is a closed toe flat Dress sandal in leather.
- The Ireland features a comfortable EVA footbed and durable rubber outsole; it is also available in different color varieties.
- We have the Rockport Almartin for the gents, which is a pointed toe leather Oxford shoe available in a few neutral colors.
- The Almartin has a comfortable DSS Air encapsulated footbed and a padded tongue and collar for a comfortable fit.
Casual to Dress OverPronator Shoe
- Made out of 100% Suede Leather that is stain and water-resistant.
- Rubber sole provides cushion and traction.
- Moc-inspired, slip-on shoe with elastic side goring for a custom fit.
- Compression-molded EVA footframe provides cushioning and foot stability for overpronation.
- Breathable mesh lining.
- Merrell air cushion technology in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability.
Dress Shoes for Overpronation
- Excellent contorted and anatomical arch support which stabilizes the foot and prevents overpronation.
- The footbed is cushioned with air foam and layers of EVA, as well as midsole cushioning for shock absorbency.
- A durable rubber outsole and BIoHeel design in the Maya for stability.
- The uppers are non-binding and have plenty of depth and toe room.
- Seam free interiors for less friction and availability in wider widths options.
Overpronation Dress Shoe
- Available in a few neutral color options.
- There are Smooth and supple leather uppers with a roomy toe design.
- Both come with a removable and cushioned Gel insole.
- There is an Arch support and shock-absorbing footbed and midsole.
- There is also a durable and slip-resistant outsole.
- The Ladies Mary Jane has a low heel that is stable and sophisticated.
- Wider width options are also available.
Dress Sandal for Overpronation
- Synthetic leather uppers strap the Amber for the ladies is decorated and available in many color selections.
- A slight platform sole on both shoes with an elevated heel for stability and sophistication.
- Adjustable hook and loop closures for a customizable fit.
- A comfortable and arch supportive cushioned footbed with a deep heel cup for stability.
- Tri-Planar technology footbed with an orthotic and biomechanical design.
- A durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Overpronation Dress Shoe
- These are two lovely dress shoe models from Dr. Comfort the Coco for the ladies is a patent leather heeled Mary Jane, while the Frank is a slip-on Dress Loafer.
- Both models feature a comfortable, removable footbed that is fully cushioned and breathable leather uppers.
- There are a durable rubber sole and a larger protective toe box for more toe room.
- The Heel on the Coco offers much better stability and comfort.
Dress Shoe for Overpronators
- From Dr. Scholls, we have the Harrington, which is a lace-up Oxford Dress shoe for gents, and the Astaire Dress Loafer for the ladies.
- The Astaire is available in many color and print options, while Harrington is available in neutral color selections.
- Both shoe models feature a comfortable cushioned insole and leather uppers.
- The Sole of the shoe is flexible, and there is a durable high traction rubber outsole.
Dress Shoe for Overpronation
- The Vionic Josie and Preston are easy slip-on dress shoes with a low heel for all occasions.
- The Vionic Ortholite range offers a comfortable, cushioned, and lightweight Ortholite Footbed.
- These shoes have durable and comfortable leather uppers available in a few neutral color selections.
- There is a low heel on the Josie that offers support and stability.
- The durable rubber outsole offers good slip resistance on the Preston.
Index Table: Top Rated Dress Shoes for Overpronators
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Dress Shoes for Overpronation||Bruno||Honor||Vionic||98.2|
|2||Rockport® - Flat Feet Overpronation Dress Shoe||Lead||Brynn||Rockport||97|
|3||Rockport® - Overpronation Dress Shoe||Almartin||Ireland||Rockport||96|
|4||Merrell® - Casual to Dress OverPronator Shoe||Jungle Moc||Jungle Moc||Merrell||98|
|5||Orthofeet® - Dress Shoes for Overpronation||Lincoln Center||Maya||Orthofeet||98|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Overpronation Dress Shoe||Classic||Cindee||Dr. Comfort||97|
|7||Vionic® - Dress Sandal for Overpronation||Jon||Amber||Vionic||97|
|8||Dr. Comfort® - Overpronation Dress Shoe||Frank||Coco||Dr. Comfort||97|
|9||Dr. Scholls® - Dress Shoe for Overpronators||Harrington||Astaire||Dr. Scholls||97|
|10||Vionic® - Dress Shoe for Overpronation||Preston||Josie||Vionic||96.5|
Table of Contents
- How Does Overpronation Affect Your Feet
- How will Proper Footwear Help With Overpronation
- Features of Good Dress Shoe for Overpronation
- Reviews: Best Dress Shoes for Overpronation
- Index Table: Top Rated Dress Shoes for Overpronators