The expected release date for the Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 is on October 12, 2023.
The Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 will have the following main updates:
- The new Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 will be an upgraded neutral running shoe that will have much more comfortable cushioning and breathable uppers.
- It will have improved breathable uppers with more flexibility.
- As it will be a neutral shoe, the rubber outsole will also be more flexible and offer better traction.
- It will have responsive underfoot cushioning that is more lightweight.
- The price will remain affordable for the enhancements.
Previous model of the Wave Ultima:
The Mizuno Wave Ultima 12 release date was on April 8, 2021.
Latest Version of the Mizuno Wave Ultima*
Mizuno Wave Ultima
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 will be $140.
- There will be some price increases with the new Mizuno Wave Ultima model. However, nothing substantial.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The new model will be a neutral shoe with much more plush cushioning.
- It will ideally be suited for normal and high arch types.
- The heel cushioning makes it perfect for a heel strike.
- It will be a Heavy or Big Guy shoe and have a maximalist design.
- The Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 will be a road running shoe only.
- It will be suitable on hard and concrete surface types and not ideal for trails.
- The shoe will be perfect for daily running or jogging.
- It will also be suitable for marathon running.
- With some improvements, the new model will remain quite durable.
- As a road-only shoe for daily use, it will be long-lasting.
Fit and Sizing
- The fit will be medium with quite a roomy toe box design.
- You may find that there are some wider width options available in the new model.
- The men’s model will weigh 320 grams.
- The women’s model will weigh around 265 grams, slightly lighter.
Elevation of the Mizuno Wave Ultima 13
- There will be a heel height of 32 mm.
- The heel will be perfect for a running shoe.
- The Forefoot height will be 20 mm.
- There will be good flex in the forefoot for easy motion.
- There will be a 12 mm heel-to-toe drop.
- The heel-to-toe drop will be quite substantial yet ideal in a neutral road running shoe.
Components of the Mizuno Wave Ultima 13
- The Outsole of the Mizuno Wave Ultima 13 will have an X10 durable rubber with improved abrasion resistance.
- It will be suitable for asphalt and roads with long-lasting traction.
- There will be flex grooves along the forefoot for better lateral movement.
- The sole will have a more convex platform shape.
- The midsole will primarily be an improved U4iC midsole with full-length foam.
- It will offer exceptionally soft and responsive cushioning.
- There will be ventilation holes in the midsole to help heat escape.
- The heel plate will offer excellent heel shock absorbency for a heel strike.
- The Upper unit will consist of a much more breathable Air Mesh that will offer good coverage and a secure fit.
- There will have printed overlays for a seamless fit and a padded tongue and collar for your comfort.
- Some new colors and designs may also be on your way.
Mizuno Wave Ultima 13
Table of Contents