When you travel, it is always a challenge packing a few shoes in your suitcase, so basically you need to make a wise decision, taking 1-2 pairs of shoes the most.
The activities you’d like to involve in while traveling abroad will determine your choice of the best travel shoes.
For example, if you are planning on a mountain vacation in Europe during the winter, it would be wise to go for some warm hiking boots and to wear the heaviest shoes before boarding the airplane, and not carry them in your luggage, to free space in your suitcase for other clothing as well as to reduce the weight of your luggage.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Travel Shoes
You need to balance between one of the most important accessories for you as a man.
Picking the right shoes for travel, not only help to keep the feet protected from your outdoor activity, but also go a long way in helping increase the overall personality and looks of you.
In today’s world, where looks and appearances are critical, there is no denying the fact that shoes certainly have a significant role to play. However, when it comes to choosing the best walking shoes for travel, it is not a simple task because there are quite a few things that you should take into account.
Features of Good Travel Shoe
The best shoes are those who have the right mix of comfort and good looks.
They should be able to protect the feet from the vagaries of nature.
For example, when walking long distances in rough terrains, the soles of the feet must be protected.
Otherwise, one could have blisters and other such problems.
Further, good travel shoes must be edurable and sometimes waterproof, depending on the season.
They should be lightweight, but the soles must be sturdy and must be able to handle rugged terrains when you go hiking on your vacation.
Without proper shoes apart from discomfiture while walking, one could also be exposed to risks like hookworms are even bites from poisonous insects and reptiles.
Reviews: The Best Travel Shoes
Let us now try and have a look at the best brands of shoes that are available in the market. Though there could be many, we are looking at five models for their unique features and specialties.1
Slip-On Traveler Walking Shoes
Clarks has made sure that the wearer of this shoe has a great walking experience.
- It is a great shoe for all urban travelers.
- It also fits quite securely with a unique slip-on and stretches gores that provide a snug fit.
- This shoe comes with an excellent OrthoLite insole for extra cushioning.
- Included – EVA midsole with full-grain leather upper and visible fashionable stitching.
- This shoe has an overall great look which goes with both formal and casual/party wear.
- Enjoy long walks without foot sweating, due to the wool lining with moisture control that will keep your feet dry.
Travel Walking Shoes
A good looking shoe that mixes performance with comfort and style while traveling.
- The sole is manmade and extremely comfortable while being durable and long-lasting.
- The cushioning ensures that it is shock absorbing and has the New Balance feature ABZORB behind it.
- It has unique midfoot support for better stability and ease of walking.
- It also comes with a quality midsole and a high-quality rubber outsole.
- All in all, a great buy because it mixes quality with comfort and durability.
Walking Shoe for Travel
This Shoe is one of the better shoes that are available in the market at the price for which it is being sold.
- It comes with the best of San Crispino construction in the Eureka.
- Therefore customers can be sure about superb stability and comfort in walking while traveling.
- This shoe is stylish, contemporary, and has a modern design.
- It has the best of tongue padding with the footbed that is removable and supple leather upper.
- The outsole is made from high-quality rubber and very flexible.
Travel Hiking and Trail Shoe
It is considered to be one of the most versatile known hiking and walking shoes.
- Amongst other features, it is antibacterial, highly breathable, and deodorant.
- This shoe comes with some of the best color combinations.
- The uppers are made of high-quality leather, and the inners have quality moisture-absorbent lining.
- It is a very light shoe, but it very rugged, especially when used in tough terrains.
- It is made entirely from leather with a Vibram sole for maximum grip.
- A Lycra neoprene stretch collar that makes wearing and taking off the shoes a breeze.
Therapeutic Travel Diabetic Shoes
In case you have Diabetes – This is the right shoe for you to travel with.
These shoes by Dr. Comfort are stretchable shoes with excellent quality.
- They will accommodate and protect your diabetic foot while traveling.
- They have excellent orthopedic design and soft buttery leather that will not create friction with your feet.
- These shoes come with Gel Insoles that will provide extra support and cushion on top of great comfort.
- You can choose them in two colors, black or chestnut.
Traveler Walking Shoe
This shoe will well and truly redefine comfort and good looks in the most uncertain terms.
- It is also available in black, white or gray colors.
- Assembled in the USA – this shoe is extremely lightweight and comes with a cushioned collar.
- New Balance is known for making the best shoes for all kinds of sports activities as well as leisure time, such as travel.
- The 928 model is a true walking shoe for travelers as it comes with Walking Strike Path outsole, which makes it easy for you to walk all day long.
- An added advantage comes from the ABZORB midfoot cushioning and Stabilizing ROLLBAR technology.
- The inside of this shoe is just as great as the exterior look and design as it comes with Seamless Phantom Liner, which happens to be odor-resistance.
- This shoe comes with Rubber sole and is made of leather, making it a tough and durable shoe, that is, perfect for travelers.
- The leather upper is of the best quality; it also comes with a polyurethane midsole.
- On the whole, it is a great shoe offering the best value for money.
Slip-On Walking Travel Shoes
This slip-on lightweight walking shoe is made of mesh fabric.
- Featuring full-length cushioned footbed insoles with Goga Mat® technology for maximum comfort when traveling.
- This shoe utilizes Memory foam cushioned heel and vamp.
- It is packed with technologies such as ‘GoPillars’ that makes it very flexible to enhance your walking experience.
- We have featured this shoe here as one of the best shoes for bad knees.
Walking Sandal for Travelling
For those summer days of walking when you still need a fashionable style and protection, I have chosen the Fisherman style walking shoes from Propet.
- Leather and textile uppers are comfortable and offer an adjustable fit.
- Closed and protective design with open slits for breathability.
- A soft and cushioned footbed that is removable, allowing you’re the use of your own orthotics.
- The durable rubber outsole is long-lasting and offers excellent traction.
Travel Walking Sneaker
From the Asics brand, one of the favorite casual walking shoes used for traveling all over is the Gel-Quantum, which features both rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning and protection.
- Available in plenty f color selections to suit your style and preference.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable with an easy lace-up system.
- It is rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning to attenuate shock where you need it the most.
- Seamless interior construction with an Ortholite sock liner that manages moisture and provides comfort.
- The Solyte midsole is lightweight and offers excellent shock absorbency.
- An AHAR high abrasion-resistant rubber outsole, Which is ideal for walking outdoors on all terrains.
Travel Walking Shoe
Another top favorite among many travelers is the extremely lightweight and breathable Skechers Go walk range; I have chosen their slip-on model 5, which is the latest in the range with an easy slip on and off the design.
- The uppers consist of 100% lightweight and breathable mesh and are available in many color selections.
- There is a lightweight dual-Density Ultra Go outsole that also features comfort Pillar technology.
- Inside is a Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat cushioned insole for comfort and support.
- This shoe is machine washable and quick drying.
Walking Shoes for Travel
The best type of shoe that you will find for traveling is a walking shoe. A walking shoe provides cushioned comfort, good shock absorption, breathability, and a durable and long-lasting outsole. With any form of traveling, you are going to be doing quite a bit of walking. Keep in mind that an attractive shoe is also necessary for traveling.
Summary Table: Top Rated Travelers Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Clarks® - Slip-On Traveler Walking Shoes||Clarks||96.8|
|2||New Balance® - Travel Walking Shoes||New Balance||96|
|3||Rockport® - Walking Shoe for Travel||Rockport||94|
|4||Merrell® - Travel Hiking and Trail Shoe||Merrell||96|
|5||Dr. Comfort® - Therapeutic Travel Diabetic Shoes||Dr. Comfort||96|
|6||New Balance® - Traveler Walking Shoe||New Balance||97|
|7||Skechers® - Slip-On Walking Travel Shoes||Skechers||98|
|8||Propet® - Walking Sandal for Travelling||Propet||98|
|9||Asics® - Travel Walking Sneaker||Asics||96|
|10||Skechers® - Travel Walking Shoe||Skechers||97|
Table of Contents
- Factors to Consider When Choosing Travel Shoes
- Features of Good Travel Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Travel Shoes
- Slip-On Traveler Walking Shoes
- Travel Walking Shoes
- Walking Shoe for Travel
- Travel Hiking and Trail Shoe
- Therapeutic Travel Diabetic Shoes
- Traveler Walking Shoe
- Slip-On Walking Travel Shoes
- Walking Sandal for Travelling
- Travel Walking Sneaker
- Travel Walking Shoe
- Walking Shoes for Travel
- Summary Table: Top Rated Travelers Shoes