When you travel, it is always a challenge packing a few shoes in your suitcase, so basically you need to make a wise decision, taking 1-2 pairs of shoes at the most.
The activities you’d like to involve in while traveling abroad will determine your choice of the best travel shoes.
For example, if you are planning on a mountain vacation in Europe during the winter, it would be wise to go for some warm hiking boots and to wear the heaviest shoes before boarding the airplane, and not carry them in your luggage to free space in your suitcase for other clothing as well as to reduce the weight of your luggage.
We have compiled and explained some of the best travel shoes of various types that will be ideal for packing.
Why You Need the Best Travel Shoes
It may be one of the last things that cross your mind, but for any trip, you will need the right travel shoes.
Many aspects will affect your choice, such as weather, where you are going if you will be walking, what the walking surfaces are like, and whether it will be formal or more casual.
All these things can make choosing the right shoes quite confusing, and what you most definitely do not one is half of your luggage consisting of shoes.
Therefore, it is important to choose more multifunctional and lightweight shoes in general and carefully consider your options.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Travel Shoes
Hee are a few thoughts to help you pack the right shoes for your travel;
- Is It a Business Trip Or Vacation – Well, here you can already consider your choices in shoes, for a vacation you may need different shoes depending on where you are going. Whereas for work it will be your work shoes and something extra for leisurewear.
- Weather Conditions – Make sure you know what the weather is like where you will take appropriate footwear and accessories.
- Activities – What activities will you be performing on your trip? If you are walking and site seeing, you will need comfortable walking shoes. If you are going to the beach, you will need beach shoes, so the list goes on.
- Formal Shoes? – Formal shoes I would pack one pair of if you are going to go out for an evening or two or need professional attire for a business trip. You can mostly get away with semi-formal style shoes for vacations as they should be acceptable for an evening out and even for a day trip.
- Leisure Wear – Well, slippers r comfortable leisure shoes to wear at your accommodation may also be needed after a long day.
- Walking Surfaces – If you are site seeing, hiking, or going to be doing plenty of walking, you will also need to consider the ear and walking surfaces. If there will be plenty of outdoor and trails, then take a trail shoe, and if it will be urban areas and roads mostly, opt for a more cushioning road shoe.
Features of Good Travel Shoe
- Uppers – Consider shoes with comfortable and breathable uppers such as leather, mesh, or synthetic materials.
- Supporta and Comfort Features – You will need some cushioning and a good supportive design along with a cushioning midsole, especially if you are doing plenty of walking.
- Weathre Ideal – Opt for sandals and more breathable shoes for hot weather and waterproof and insulated shoes for very cold weather.
- Outsole – Look for shoes with a durable slip-resistant rubber outsole, especially for walking. Otherwise, one could have blisters and other such problems.
- Fit – Mane sure that the shoes offer a comfortable fit and a properly worn before you take them on a trip.
Reviews: The Best Travel Shoes
Let us now try and look at the best brands of shoes available in the market. Though there could be many, we are looking at five models for their unique features and specialties.1
Slip-On Traveler Walking Shoes
- It is a great shoe for all urban travelers.
- It also fits quite securely with a unique slip-on and stretches gores that provide a snug fit.
- This shoe comes with an excellent OrthoLite insole for extra cushioning.
- Included – EVA midsole with full-grain leather upper and visible fashionable stitching.
- This shoe has an overall great look that goes with both formal and casual/party wear.
- Enjoy long walks without foot sweating due to the wool lining with moisture control that will keep your feet dry.
Travel Walking Shoes
- The sole is human-made and extremely comfortable while being durable and long-lasting.
- The cushioning ensures that it is shock absorbing and has the New Balance feature ABZORB behind it.
- It has unique midfoot support for better stability and ease of walking.
- It also comes with a quality midsole and a high-quality rubber outsole.
- All in all, a great buy because it mixes quality with comfort and durability.
Walking Shoe for Travel
- It comes with the best of San Crispino construction in the Eureka.
- Therefore customers can be sure about superb stability and comfort in walking while traveling.
- This shoe is stylish, contemporary, and has a modern design.
- It has the best tongue padding with the footbed that is removable and supple leather upper.
- The outsole is made from high-quality rubber and is very flexible.
Travel Hiking and Trail Shoe
- Amongst other features, it is antibacterial, highly breathable, and deodorant.
- This shoe comes with some of the best color combinations.
- The uppers are made of high-quality leather, and the inners have quality moisture-absorbent lining.
- It is a very light shoe, but it is very rugged, especially when used in tough terrains.
- It is made entirely from leather with a Vibram sole for maximum grip.
- A Lycra neoprene stretch collar makes wearing and taking off the shoes a breeze.
Therapeutic Travel Diabetic Shoes
- They will accommodate and protect your diabetic foot while traveling.
- They have excellent orthopedic design and soft buttery leather that will not create friction with your feet.
- These shoes come with Gel Insoles that will provide extra support and cushion on top of great comfort.
- You can choose them in two colors, black or chestnut.
Traveler Walking Shoe
- It is also available in black, white, or gray colors.
- Assembled in the USA – this shoe is extremely lightweight and comes with a cushioned collar.
- New Balance is known for making the best shoes for sports activities and leisure time, such as travel.
- The 928 model is a true walking shoe for travelers as it comes with a Walking Strike Path outsole, making it easy for you to walk all day long.
- An added advantage comes from the ABZORB midfoot cushioning and Stabilizing ROLLBAR technology.
- The inside of this shoe is just as great as the exterior look and design as it comes with Seamless Phantom Liner, which happens to be odor-resistance.
- This shoe comes with a rubber sole and is made of leather, making it a tough and durable shoe perfect for travelers.
- The leather upper is of the best quality; it also comes with a polyurethane midsole.
- On the whole, it is a great shoe offering the best value for money.
Slip-On Walking Travel Shoes
- Featuring full-length cushioned footbed insoles with Goga Mat® technology for maximum comfort when traveling.
- This shoe utilizes a Memory foam cushioned heel and vamp.
- It is packed with technologies such as ‘GoPillars’ that make it very flexible to enhance your walking experience.
- We have featured this shoe here as one of the best shoes for bad knees.
Walking Sandal for Travelling
- Leather and textile uppers are comfortable and offer an adjustable fit.
- Closed and protective design with open slits for breathability.
- A soft and cushioned footbed that is removable, allowing you’re the use of your own orthotics.
- The durable rubber outsole is long-lasting and offers excellent traction.
Travel Walking Sneaker
- Available in plenty f color selections to suit your style and preference.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable with an easy lace-up system.
- It is rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning to attenuate shock where you need it the most.
- Seamless interior construction with an Ortholite sock liner that manages moisture and provides comfort.
- The Solyte midsole is lightweight and offers excellent shock absorbency.
- An AHAR high abrasion-resistant rubber outsole, ideal for walking outdoors on all terrains.
Travel Walking Shoe
- The uppers consist of 100% lightweight and breathable mesh and are available in many color selections.
- There is a lightweight dual-Density Ultra Go outsole that also features comfort Pillar technology.
- Inside is a Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat cushioned insole for comfort and support.
- This shoe is machine washable and quick drying.
Walking Shoes for Travel
The best type of shoe that you will find for traveling is a walking shoe. A walking shoe provides cushioned comfort, good shock absorption, breathability, and a durable and long-lasting outsole. With any form of traveling, you are going to be doing quite a bit of walking. Therefore, keep in mind that an attractive shoe is also necessary for traveling.
Index Table: Top Rated Traveler’s Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Clarks® - Slip-On Traveler Walking Shoes||Cotrell||Marigold||Clarks||96.8|
|2||New Balance® - Travel Walking Shoes||MW769BR||MW669V2||New Balance||96|
|3||Rockport® - Walking Shoe for Travel||Eureka||Trustride Ubal Sneaker||Rockport||94|
|4||Merrell® - Travel Hiking and Trail Shoe||Chameleon 8||Chameleon||Merrell||96|
|5||Dr. Comfort® - Therapeutic Travel Diabetic Shoes||Stallion||Annie||Dr. Comfort||96|
|6||New Balance® - Traveler Walking Shoe||MW928v3||WW928v3||New Balance||97|
|7||Skechers® - Slip-On Walking Travel Shoes||Performance Go Walk 4||Performance Go Walk 4||Skechers||98|
|8||Propet® - Walking Sandal for Travelling||Kona||Jenna||Propet||98|
|9||Asics® - Travel Walking Sneaker||Gel Quantum 180 6||Gel Quantum 180 5||Asics||96|
|10||Skechers® - Travel Walking Shoe||Go Walk 6||Go Walk 6||Skechers||97|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need the Best Travel Shoes
- Factors to Consider When Choosing Travel Shoes
- Features of Good Travel Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Travel Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Travel
- Index Table: Top Rated Traveler’s Shoes