You may think the shower is the perfect place to get a fresh start and remove all dirt and germs; well, think again. The shower, in particular, if a shared shower or public shower, holds many unexpected lurking germs and funguses.
Although much more common in shared, communal, and public showers, such as those at the gym, dorms, or pool area, Fungus, bacteria, and microorganisms love breeding in moist and warm environments.
Because your feet come into direct contact with the actual shower floor, they are the most at risk of picking up and spreading germs; therefore, a pair of the best shower shoes may be just what you need!
Beware The Shower Floor
Shower floors can become infested with germs and fungus, and many types of bacterias can cause infection and disease.
When you shower, all the dirt and germs end up on the shower floor, and if not cleaned and disinfected regularly, they can build up and multiply just to be passed on to your feet and the rest of your body.
You can easily acquire viruses such as HPV, MRSA, and Athlete’s foot from a shower floor. In addition, in the case of public or communal shower floors, other persons may have blisters or wounds on their feet that could spread infection, and you may, in turn, have a wound or blister that could just as easily get infected.
A public pool, dorm, gym or communal shower, and even shared shower at home is a dangerous area if not kept spotless and disinfected, and even then, there is still a risk of infection.
Therefore protecting our feet is the first step in preventing ourselves and others from becoming infected.
Shower floors can likewise be extremely slippery depending on the surface and soap build-up, so a good slip-resistant shower shoe is advisable to prevent slips and falls.
Another factor to consider mostly in public showers is the risk of sharp objects, glass, nails, or other protruding objects that can cause a puncture wound or cut on your feet, which may then, in turn, become infected.
Protecting Your Feet in Public or Communal Showers
As we have confirmed, showers, particularly communal and public, may be infested with infection and disease-causing germs; therefore, protecting your feet is vital.
Here are a few ways in which you can protect your feet;
- Use Slides or Shower Shoes – You can wear proper shower shoes or slippers to protect your feet against infections and sharp objects.
- Use Water Friendly Flip Flops – Flip Flops can be used as a shoe to shower in.
- Do Not Share – Always use your own soap and body products when showering, and never share a sponge or loofah. Never share towels, shoes, or showering gear with others.
- Dry Your Feet properly – Ensure to always dry your feet thoroughly after a shower to prevent fungus and infections growing in wetness.
- Use Anti-Fungal products on Your Feet – Pre-treat your feet with antifungal creams or powders or disinfect them after taking a shower with a disinfecting spray or cream.
- Clean The Shower Floor Before Use – Clean the shower floor and disinfect before you take a shower; you can use Lysol or other disinfectants to remove germs from the shower floor.
- Shower At Home If You Can – In the end, rather, take your sower at home where it is the safest if you can.
Features of a Good Shower Shoe
- Water Resistant – Any shower shoe should be water-friendly and not collect water allowing it t drain or seep through easily. Open-toe design or mesh slippers are ideal.
- Comfortable Footbed – A comfortable footbed helps support your feet and keeps them comfortable.
- Outsole – A durable and highly slip-resistant rubber outsole that is made for wet surfaces.
- Materails – Quick-drying and lightweight materials such as EVA, rubber, plastic or foam are ideal..
Reviews: Best Showering Shoes
Some excellent choices in shoes to wear in the shower that will protect your feet from infections as well as offer good slip resistance.
Anti Bacterial Sandal to Shower In
- Manufactured from high-quality rubber that has a waterproof feature and quick-drying characteristics.
- The Footbridge strap is designed to aid in venting away moisture from your feet, and the durable tread is designed to protect you from slipping on wet and slippery surfaces.
- Lightweight with a very comfortable and soft insole made of thin memory foam.
- It comes in a variety of sizes and color options for both men and women.
- Ideal for use in a nursing home, hospital, public restrooms and showers, gyms and dorm rooms, or hotel rooms.
- Heavy-duty grooved soles prevent slipping and are tested for excellent slip resistance on various wet and dry surfaces.
- The soft nylon mesh uppers are very comfortable, flexible, and dry quickly.
- An expanded foot opening for easy on and off with a higher back prevents the slippers from slipping off.
Shower and Pool Slip-On Sandals
- The Anti Slip sole has a diamond-raised design with high-Elastic EVA for better balance and excellent slip resistance.
- Ideal for many occasions and uses and lightweight enough for travel.
- A concise style with diamond patterns and a raised design available in many fun color options to choose from for both men and women.
- Very soft and lightweight, manufactured from highly durable EVA that can bend and flex with high rebound and agility.
Water Shoes for Showering
- A durable rubber outsole offers exceptional slip resistance and protects your feet against sharp objects and hard surfaces.
- The comfortable and flexible uppers have a smooth and breathable design that is quick-drying and non-irritating.
- A comfortable insole to provide cushioning and a convenient, smooth neck and fit.
- Available in many sizes and colors to choose from.
All Round Water Shoes
- Made from tough and flexible, soft EVA in an extensive line of color options for men and women.
- The ventilation ports provide breathability and excellent water drainage.
- Very easy to clean and dries within 30 seconds tops.
- The roomy fit and broader toe room are more comfortable and allow more freedom of movement and water dispersement to your toes.
- Very lightweight with a cushioned sole that has an ergonomic shape to provide support and comfort.
- The non-slip sole ensures exceptional grip on all walking and showering surfaces.
Crocs for Showering
- Made from 100% durable and lightweight Crosslite material.
- Quick drying and water draining holes.
- Easily washable and durable.
- It comes with an optional back strap closure.
- Excellent for any occasion.
Shower Flip Flops
- Made with blended rubber and EVA, that is durable and lightweight.
- It has cushioned comfort and slips resistance.
- Holes for water drainage.
- Available in a few fun color selections to choose from.
Rubber Shower Flop
- Full Closed Cell EVA construction for comfort and durability.
- Rubber materials and sole for excellent slip resistance.
- Very lightweight and easy on and off the design.
- Comfortable and quick-drying design.
Shower Flip Flop
- Available in many colors for both men and women.
- A slip-resistant synthetic sole and comfortable flip flop design.
- Easy to slip on and off in and out of the shower.
- Made from soft and durable, water-resistant Crosslite materials,
Shower Slide Shoes
- Versatile as a shower shoe, beach shoe, or casual wearing slide on a shoe.
- Easy to slide on and off.
- Supportive and comfortable cushioned footbed.
- Soft uppers strap and water-resistant quick-drying design.
- Available in many color selections for both men and women.
- Regular fit and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Slide Shower Sandal
- Available in brown, blue, or black neutral color selection for men and women.
- It keeps your feet fresh and clean, whether in or out of the shower.
- Quick-drying materials that do not absorb moisture.
- Durable and environmentally friendly, lightweight PVC construction.
- Versatile for wear in private or public showers, to the gym, beach, or pool.
Index Table: Top Rated Shower Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vertigo® - Anti Bacterial Sandal to Shower In||Slide On||Slide On||Vertigo||96|
|2||Beemo® - Shower Slippers||Mesh||Mesh||Beemo||96|
|3||FunkyMonkey® - Shower and Pool Slip-On Sandals||Bathroom||Bathroom||FunkyMonkey||96|
|4||VIFUUR® - Water Shoes for Showering||Waterprorts||Watersports||VIFUUR||99|
|5||Amoji® - All Round Water Shoes||Water||Water||Amoji||98|
|6||Crocs® - Crocs for Showering||Clog||Clog||Crocs||98|
|7||Showaflops® - Shower Flip Flops||Flip Flop||Flip Flops||Showaflops||99|
|8||Vertigo® - Rubber Shower Flop||Shower||Shower||Vertigo||96|
|9||Crocs® - Shower Flip Flop||Athens||Athens||Crocs||98|
|10||Adidas® - Shower Slide Shoes||Adilette||Adilette||Adidas||96|
|11||Tecs® - Slide Shower Sandal||PVC||PVC||Tecs||97|
Table of Contents
- Beware The Shower Floor
- Protecting Your Feet in Public or Communal Showers
- Features of a Good Shower Shoe
- Reviews: Best Showering Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Shower Shoes