The expected release date for the Salomon X Ultra 5 is 14 October – 2021.
The Salomon X Ultra 5 will have the following features & updates:
- The New Salomon X Ultra 5 will boast a few more small improvements with lighter weight and more breathable mesh uppers, and more durable stitched overlays that cover less of the upper area for more freedom of movement.
- The design will still keep its quick lace-up system for fast and easy lacing.
- You can still look forward to an EVA cushioning midsole with softer cushioning technology and more flexibility this time around.
- The contagrip outsole will be improved with a control heel design and flexible forefoot, as well as a lug tread for optimal slip resistance.
Latest Version of the Salomon X Ultra*
Salomon X Ultra
- The recommended price according to manufacturers for the new Salomon X Ultra 5 should be about $170.00.
- There will be a slight increase because of more advanced features.
- The Price may likewise vary according to where you purchase from, so always look out for specials and deals.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The new models will provide neutral arch support that is ideal for a more stable and normal arch type.
- It will also be designed for neutral pronators.
- The tarrins recommended for the new X Ultra 5 will be mostly outdoor trails.
- I would, however, not recommend it for road running and hard surfaces.
- This will be the ideal day hiking trail shoe for endurance hikes on more technical trails.
- It should also be suitable for light jogging on trails and for less hazardous trails.
- The New X Ultra 5 from Salomon will be durable and long-lasting if used in the correct settings.
- It will be designed for wet and dry trails and to withstand outdoor elements and weather conditions.
Fit and Sizing
- The Salomon X Ultra 5 will comfortable fit any foot type with its adjustable Quickfit lace up system.
- There will be standard sizes available, and the fit will be a medium to wide design.
- The weight in the men’s edition will be around 365 grams.
- Whereas for the ladies, you can expect a lighter weight of 318 grams.
- Both these models will be a medium to heavyweight for proper support.
Elevation of the Salomon X Ultra 5
- The heel height is epected at around 19mm.
- There will be quite a high heel to toe drop.
- The forefoot height should be expected at around 8mm.
- This is quite a low drop in general.
- The new designs will have a high heel to toe drop design.
- A 1mm heel to toe drop could be expected.
Components of the Salomon X Ultra 5
- For the new model, you can expect the same Contragrip outsole with more flexibility in the forefoot and a firmer heel.
- The tread of the new sole will be more lug for improved grip on most outdoor surfaces.
- The aggressive lugs will be shaped like caltrops and spiky for additional grip.
- The Midsole will still remain the injection Molde EVA with softer technology and more flexibility,
- The midsole will be able to bear a considerable amount of weight and is said to be more durable.
- Overall the midsole design will provide more optimal stability with high rebound and shock absorbency,
- There will also be more supportive heel borders and Ortholite foam for underfoot cushioning.
- The Upper will be a more breathable open-cell mesh with synthetic and textile materails that will be used.
- The new X Ultra 5 models will be very lightweight and breathable, with additional overlays for support and structure.
- The toe box of the shoe will be more durable and rubberized for protection.
- There will still be a trusted quick lace system for a secure and adjustable comfort fit.
- Some new color models and fresh designs may also be expected.
Salomon X Ultra 5
Table of Contents