Underpronation (or Supination) is when the heel’s outer lateral side hits the ground at an increased angle, preventing the foot from rolling sufficiently inwards upon impact.
This, in turn, results in the feet taking on more pressure, especially when a person is running, which could lead to inflammation and resultant muscle injuries.
Best Running Shoes for Underpronation
Supination or Unedrpronation means that your feet roll outward excessively when you walk or run, instead of overpronation where they roll inwards.
Supination is not very common, and therefore running shoes for supination are few.
To get the best running shoes for supination, you will need to choose them according to their features.
Benefits of Running Shoes for Underpronation
Running shoes for Supination should have the following benefits;
- Stability – They should offer decent stability features and good arch support to keep your feet stable while running. However, stability features should be in the fit of the shoes, rather than the sole.
- Flexibility – Quite contradictory regarding stability and stability shoes, you do not want a running shoe with a rigid sole, but rather a flexible sole that allows natural motion.
- Cushioning – You will need proper underfoot cushioning that is lightweight and full length and flexible that provides good shock absorbency for the sides of your feet and areas affected by the impact.
- Lightweight – A running shoe for supination will be very lightweight as you will need shoes that are lightweight enough to allow more natural motion.
Features of Good Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Uppers – look for uppesr that offer a more stable and snug fit, such as mesh and knit options. leather is also a good material for uppers.
- Cushioning and Support – Light stability features and good arch support for your arch type are ideal. Lightweight full-length cushioning is also more suitable.
- Outsole – the outsole needs to flex easily in the ball of the foot area. A rubber outsole with a high traction tread is ideal.
- Options – Options available are usually size, width, and colors, all depending on the specific brand and model of running shoe.
Best Running Shoes for Underpronation1
Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology that reduces the shock during impact, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
- Forefoot and Rearfoot and GEL-Cushioning framework providing better support for under-pronated foot structure.
- Excellent shock absorbent and cushioning, making this shoe a very comfortable one.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S) allows the foot to perform more naturally, resulting in a healthier foot motion.
- This shoe also features as one of the best shoes for Achilles Tendonitis.
Sever Supination Running Shoes
- It is perfectly suited for those suffering from mild to moderate under pronation.
- Chosen by Runner’s World Magazine for the Editor’s Choice Award for Fall 2016.
- It comes with specially cushioned soles that help absorb shock to such users with special needs.
- It also has a new element upper for protection from the elements of nature.
- It is extremely lightweight and has a breathable mesh fabric, which aids in preventing bad odor.
- The overlays are of high quality made from durable and synthetic materials.
- The insole is made from unique S-257 material and is known for flexibility and cushioning.
- It also has unique crash pads protecting the heel and midfoot areas.
Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators
- The full-length Super DNA midsole ensures cushioned comfort and maximum energy return.
- The adjustable saddle construction provides a more comfortable and snug fit.
- The forefoot has a soft blown rubber for cushioning and grip.
- The 3D print overlays give structural support and reduce weight.
Supination Running Shoe
- Very comfortable, thanks to a lightweight blown rubber outsole and a REVlite midsole.
- Ideal for high-performance running.
- Designed to support under-pronation.
- Minimal friction with the foot, no blister or sore spot due to its no-sew overlays.
- Bootie-like construction, resulting in plenty of ankle support.
- Considered to be a very flexible and well-ventilated shoe.
Runner's Shoe for Underpronation
- An imported shoe, fully synthetic and made especially for those suffering from under pronation.
- It is also well known for its famous rubber sole, designed for better grip and support for those suffering from various degrees of supination.
- It is one of the few shoes with the unique discrete heel unit based on a computer-aided and designed Impact Guidance System.
- It also has the much talked about and beneficial Propulsion Trusstic Technology.
- The FluidRole Midsole is also an addition that helps with a better grip for those suffering from supination.
Best Underpronation Running Shoes
- This shoe is made from high-quality synthetic materials.
- Made from reflective overlays making it highly visible in poor light conditions.
- Shock absorbent is achieved via a HydraMAX collar lining.
- This version is an upgrade of its predecessor Saucony Ride 9.
Top Running Shoes for Supination
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers.
- ISOFIT soft inner sleeve morphs to the foot for a sock-like feel.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- The EVERUN insoles cushioning technology ensures maximum comfort and support.
- A lightweight SSL EVA midsole with EVERUN Landing Zone.
Index Table: Top Rated Running Shoes for Underpronation
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe||Nimbus 24||Nimbus 24||Asics||97|
|2||Brooks® - Sever Supination Running Shoes||Ghost 15||Ghost 15||Brooks||96|
|3||Brooks® - Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators||Glycerin 19||Glycerin 19||Brooks||96|
|4||New Balance® - Supination Running Shoe||Vazee Pace v2||Vazee Pace v2||New Balance||95|
|5||Asics® - Runner's Shoe for Underpronation||Kinsei OG||Kinsei OG||Asics||97|
|6||Saucony® - Best Underpronation Running Shoes||Ride 14||Ride 14||Saucony||95|
|7||Saucony® - Top Running Shoes for Supination||Triumph ISO 4||Triumph ISO 5||Saucony||95|
Table of Contents
- Best Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Benefits of Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Features of Good Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Best Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe
- Sever Supination Running Shoes
- Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators
- Supination Running Shoe
- Runner's Shoe for Underpronation
- Best Underpronation Running Shoes
- Top Running Shoes for Supination
- Index Table: Top Rated Running Shoes for Underpronation