Walking is considered to be the most useful exercise, to help control blood sugar levels, that suits people of all ages.
Therefore, a diabetic person who starts to use walking as a way to control blood sugar must choose an appropriate walking diabetic shoe that must meet certain criteria’s, in order to protect his diabetic foot.
Comparison Table – Best Diabetic Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Brand||Features||Rating|
|1||Dr. Comfort||-Therapeutic Shoes||94|
|2||Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe||Skechers||-Memory Foam Insoles||88|
|3||Rockport Wide Walking Diabetic Shoes||Rockport||-Comfortable Dress Shoes||86|
|4||Rockport Pro Walker – Diabetic Dress Shoes||Rockport||-Classic White Walking||84|
|5||Reebok Work N Cushion – Diabetic Work Shoes||Reebok||-Cushioned Work Shoe||80|
|6||Propet Commuterlite – Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Propet||-Durable and Wide SHoes||84|
|7||New Balance 577 – A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes||New Balance||-Velcro Diabetic A5500 Approved Shoe||86|
|8||New Balance 928 – Orthopedic Diabetic Walking Shoes||New Balance||-Flat Feet Walking Shoes||92|
|9||New Balance 1540 V2 – Running Shoes for Diabetics||New Balance||-Durable Wide Running and Walking Shoes||94|
|10||Dr. Comfort – Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes||Dr. Comfort||-Therapeutic|
|11||Orthofeet Therapeutic Extra Depth Boots for Diabetics||Orthafeet||-Therapeutic Extra Depth||93|
Better Shoes Gives Better Results:
Only a specially designed diabetic walking shoes can protect and not hurt your feet while walking. People with diabetes must be vigilant when it comes to even a simple activity such as walking, as even the slightest pressure can lead to a blister when it comes to a sensitive foot.
If you are walking for a longer period with lower quality shoes, the consequences can be severe, in many cases, just having a wide walking shoes can help tremendously ease the pressure on your feet.
What Happens When Not Wearing the Proper Diabetic Shoes?
Here we will have a brief idea of the ill effects and the discomforts one faces because of wearing some imperfect shoes. Yes, your shoes should be in a way that they can take up the shocks and stress that occurs when you place your feet on the ground. It should give you a comfortable and pleasant walk; else you are at the risk of transmitting the shocks and vibrations from the ground to all over your body.
Diabetics must take extra care to their feet, if you have nerve damage, known as neuropathy, you may not feel pain, so once you injure your feet, an infection can develop without warning. This infection can decrease blood circulation, thus, slows healing which can result in foot ulcers.
Foot Ulcers can eventually lead to amputation in the feet or legs!
Check your shoes before putting them on for small pebbles, worn areas or rough spots.
Avoid sandals, pointed toes, and high heel shoes, and always wear socks for diabetics.
Why wait, grab one of these awesome diabetic walking shoes, the sooner possible, and start a healthy life with a daily morning walk. Choosing the best shoe size that matches your foot correctly can give you a better result.
Reviews of the Best Diabetic Walking Shoes:
Choosing the best-branded shoes for your diabetic feet can keep you out of such risks, some proven shoes, and brands are:
1. Dr. Comfort Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
- This diabetic shoe is our first and best choice!
- These Therapeutic Diabetic shoes for men and women, by Dr. Comfort are stretchable shoes with excellent quality.
- They are desirable by many people who look for accommodation and protection of their diabetic foot, due to their excellent orthopedic design and their soft buttery leather.
- As a part of them, you’ll receive the well known Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles to provide extra support on top of great comfort and cushioning.
- You can choose them in two colors, black or chestnut.
- Build from a lightweight leather and Lycra, with a Velcro strap which fits for easy and precise tension on your feet
2. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- This diabetic slip-on shoe has a rubber sole and 1.5 inch heel which ultimately saves your foot from getting stressed by uneven grounds.
- The memory foam cushion kept inside acts a good shock absorber for a diabetic foot.
- These shoes are very flexible and comfortable, your feet will thank you for wearing this shoe
- It provides a natural stride when you will walk wearing this diabetic shoe.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has 3 layer protections against any kinds of weather or surface.
- This shoe is also one of the best shoes for bad knees.
3. Rockport Wide Walking Diabetic Shoes
- The light weight leather and manmade sole keeps this diabetic shoe a unique from other competitors.
- San Crispino heel guarantees for your heel to be stable while walking.
- The breathable mesh lining is an added advantage.
- A Strobel construction build, guarantees the flexibility of your forefoot.
4. Rockport Pro Walker – Diabetic Dress Shoes
- Another high-end shoe of Rockport with lace-up closure makes sure that your feet are safe on a well-structured shoe.
- The lightweight shock absorbents of this diabetic dress shoes, keep your legs relieved from stress.
- Many have a problem of not able to keep their feet correctly, especially while going for a long walk. But, these shoes are designed with a Strobel Technology collection and cushioning such that your foot gets the most comfort and shape while walking.
5. Reebok Work N Cushion – Diabetic Work Shoes
- As the name suggests, it helps your feet to feel like it floats in the air while walking in these diabetic shoes for men and women of this kind, even for a long time.
- The oil and slip-resistant sole will give you a great feeling of balance and ground-grip.
- The beveled heel generates a forward momentum which helps your gait.
- These work shoes is not only designed to walk, but also all the routine works shall be carried with this; even for an outing, this suits well.
- These are great shoes for people who suffer from heel spurs.
6. Propet Commuterlite – Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- These shoes are diabetic and orthopedic approved dress shoes.
- They come in various wide sizes – for women up to 3E and for men up to 5E.
- Stylish but conservative shoes black or brown leather colors (additional colors for women).
- It has added depth for extra comfort to the feet.
- It has removable insoles, so you can replace with your podiatrist prescription insoles .
- These shoes are A5500 certified Diabetic shoes for women & men, at an affordable price.
- We reccomend these shoes for walkers who need orthopedic support as well as protection for diabetic feet.
New Balance Diabetic Shoes for Men and Women
Here’s the list of New Balance diabetic walking shoes that are HCPCS A5500 approved.
7. New Balance 577 – A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
- The leather layer and synthetic support overlay of this diabetic walking shoes gives the utmost comfort while walking.
- This shoe has the Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 and may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility when walking in the evenings
- The rubber outsole guarantees you for long life even under rough use.
8. New Balance 928 – Orthopedic Diabetic Walking Shoes
- The New Balance MW928 is designed to provide day long comfort and it is a designated A5500 diabetic shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber and the upper is made from leather.
- This pair are a wide toe box walking shoes, designed for wiggling toes, as well as helping accommodate swollen feet.
- Available in an extremely wide range of sizes and width, these have garnered extensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the New Balance diabetic walking shoes.
- This great looking New Balance orthopedic shoe is available in four shades.
- You are also protected with free shipping and free return shipping in case for some reason it does not fit you.
9. New Balance 1540 V2 – Running Shoes for Diabetics
- Highly durable shoe, great choice for diabetics who are overweight.
- The New Balance M1540v2 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rear foot stability it is one of few New Balance Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
- This is a very high quality shoe made from the best quality leather and it is also very comfortable and breathable.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual density collar foam adds a great feel, while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole providing a more stable base and motion control.
- Natural rubber soles, increase grip and helps and helps distribute the foot’s weight evenly, thus, preventing injuries for people with diabetic foot.
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500, eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
10. Dr. Comfort – Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
- The Shoe material is a combination of soft leather and mesh with seamless and padded lining that gives the perfect comfort feeling to a diabetic foot.
- Extra depth gives extra volume that allows the perfect fit for swollen feet (edema).
- A very light-weight athletic shoe with a unique arch stabilizer for enhanced support.
- This shoe is also recommended for thoese who suffer from Bunions, Corns / Calluses, and Neuropathy.
11. Orthofeet Therapeutic Extra Depth Boots for Diabetics
12. Dr. Zen Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Best Diabetic Walking Shoes
- Better Shoes Gives Better Results:
- What Happens When Not Wearing the Proper Diabetic Shoes?
- Reviews of the Best Diabetic Walking Shoes:
- 1. Dr. Comfort Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
- 2. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- 3. Rockport Wide Walking Diabetic Shoes
- 4. Rockport Pro Walker – Diabetic Dress Shoes
- 5. Reebok Work N Cushion – Diabetic Work Shoes
- 6. Propet Commuterlite – Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- New Balance Diabetic Shoes for Men and Women
- 7. New Balance 577 – A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
- New Balance 577 – Men
- New Balance 577 – Women
- 8. New Balance 928 – Orthopedic Diabetic Walking Shoes
- New Balance 928 – Men
- New Balance 928 – Women
- 9. New Balance 1540 V2 – Running Shoes for Diabetics
- New Balance 1540V2 – Men
- New Balance 1540V2 – Women
- 10. Dr. Comfort – Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
- 11. Orthofeet Therapeutic Extra Depth Boots for Diabetics
- 12. Dr. Zen Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
- Orthofeet Men's Asheville Comfort Orthotic Slippers for Diabetics