The expected release date for the Altra Provision 7 is on August 22, 2023.
The Altra Provision 7 will have the following main updates:
- The New Altra Provision 7 will be a very comfortable zero-drop running shoe.
- It will have a comfortable fit that will be more suited for wider feet.
- There will be an improved stability system and consistent flexibility where you need it.
- The outsole will have improved traction.
- The cushioning will be much more generous and plush in the new model.
Previous models of the Provision:
The Altra Provision 6 release date was on October 11, 2021.
Latest Version of the Altra Provision*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Altra Provision 7 will be $140.
- The New Altra provision 7 will have many new features making it well worth the price tag.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The New Altra Provision 7 will be more of a stability shoe.
- It will be aimed at flat feet and overpronation or lower arch types.
- Ideally, it will be suited for forefoot and midfoot striking rather than heel striking.
- Also, it will be suitable for heavy weights.
- The shoe model will be a road shoe only.
- It will have a very low sole thus, not suitable for uneven terrains.
- Ideally, it will be a long-distance running shoe.
- You could, however, use it as a walking or daily casual wearing shoe.
- The New Model will have improved durability features.
- The design will be very durable and suited for overweight individuals.
Fit and Sizing
- The fit is said to be expected to be much more roomy and wide on the forefoot.
- There will, however, be a more narrow-fit heel.
- Normal, wide, and Narrow fit widths will be available.
- The new model will be quite heavy.
- There is a 307-gram weight for men and 278-gram weight for ladies.
Elevation of the Altra® Provision 7
- The Heel will be 28mm.
- The sole will be solid with no drop.
- The forefoot height will be 28mm.
- The forefoot will be the same as the heel.
- The New Altra Provision 7 will have a 0 heel-to-toe drop.
- It will be a stability shoe.
Components of the Altra Provision 7
- The Ultra Provision 7 will have a durable rubber outsole.
- The sole will be designed for stability with a 0 heel-to-toe drop and 28 mm stack height.
- Altra will use EGO foam in the new model for cushioning with an Innerflex midsole for light flexibility.
- There will be ample cushioning and underfoot support, with good stability.
- The Uppers will have an improved wider toe box fit.
- It will have breathable materials and a moisture-wicking lining.
- You can also expect a few more color ranges in the new Altra Provision 7.
Altra® Provision vs. Nike® React Miler
Altra Provision 7
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Altra Provision
- Elevation of the Altra® Provision 7
- Components of the Altra Provision 7
- Altra® Provision vs. Nike® React Miler