Chukka boots are ankle-high boots with suede or leather uppers and a leather or rubber outsole; the lacing system usually has two or three pairs of distinct eyelets.
The name Chukka is derived from the game of polo, where a period of play is called a chukker.
The best chukka boots are the ones that have a minimalist feel, ankle height, open lacing with two or three eyelets, a thin leather sole, calfskin suede uppers that are unlined, and a rounded toe.
Facts on the Desert Chukka Boot
- Timeless Design – The Chukka boot is a timeless and traditional classic men’s footwear that originated all the way from World War II.
- Lightweight – These boots are lightweight and offer a good grip.
- Fashionable – The Desert Chukka boot is a fashionable and elegant choice that you can wear for any occasion.
- Crepe Outsole – The Desert boot always has a crepe rubber sole and suede uppers and is used by soldiers in various bush and desert wars.
- History – Desert boots became popular in the 1950s. They later became a trendy footwear item in South Africa, worn by almost every farmer known as a veldskoen or “vellies.”
How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
Today Chukka boots are still a prevalent choice in men’s footwear and come in various styles and colors, from formal dress styles to casual and sporty styles.
There are different styles of Chukka Boots available for more formal occasions, and professional in-office occupations a dress style Chukka boot that is more elegant and classy, worn with a suit should do the trick.
For casual encounters and every day, the traditional style Chukka boot can be worn with a pair of Jeans or Chinos and a T-shirt or comfortable button-up shirt.
More sporty styled casual Chukka boots can be worn with shorts and jeans for a more comfortable and casual look.
Whatever the occasion, you can make a pair of Chukka boots work for you, stick to the traditional basics, and you will never be out of fashion
Unique Features of the Chukka Boot
- Height – They are always just ankle high
- Uppers – The uppers are made from calfskin or suede traditionally but can be made from other materials.
- Closure – They feature a lace-up system with two to three eyelets only.
- Sole – They have a very thin rubber or leather sole for more minimalist feel.
Reviews: Best Chukka Boots
Here are some of the best selling Chukka boots you should consider;
- Soft and supple leather uppers for comfort and durability.
- A durable synthetic sole.
- An ankle-high style boot that can be worn for any occasion.
- The slight heel offers added stability and class.
- Available in a large variety of colors, suiting any style preference.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers feature a sleek two-eyelet lace-up system with contrasting welt stitching and leather accented heel for durability and unmatched style.
- These Chukka boots are Waterproof!
- Pull-on ribbon loop ensures easy to pull on of these boots for a quick and comfortable fit.
- The synthetic sole has a slight heel for more stability and a sleek appearance.
- There are many colors available to choose from.
- Iconic leather uppers with natural variations for the perfect traditional desert boot style and a comfortable fit.
- The Genuine Plantation crepe outsole is durable and delivers all-day comfort and support.
- An added leather-covered EVA footbed cushions your feet and kept them dry and comfortable.
- Suede lined counter promotes heel stability, and the Nature-Formed last allows you wiggle and stretching room for your toes.
- A lace-up Chukka boot manufactured from the finest quality leather with blind eyelets and a contrast midsole stripe.
- The outsole is made from synthetic materials and has a stylish stacked heel for better stability and comfort.
- The EVA outsole and midsole ensure maximum shock absorption and comfort for all-day wear.
- A Dewix bacteria-resisting lining helps to reduce odor and prevent foot infections.
- There are different colors to choose from to meet your personal requirements.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a lace-up system.
- The rubber sole ensures excellent traction and durability.
- The perforated padded collar will provide you with breathable comfort and a snug fit.
- Available in dark brown and tan.
- Durable and comfortable pig suede uppers for robust performance.
- A canvas lining is keeping your feet dry and protected.
- The EVA removable footbed ensures cushioned comfort and allows you the freedom to use your orthotics.
- The cycle tread rubber outsole ensures excellent traction and grip.
- A molded nylon arch shank for added support and stability.
- The Merrell Air Cushion in the heel reduces impact by absorbing shock and improving stability.
- Five stunning colors are available.
- Classic chukka outsole with a low, sleek profile.
- Uppers: Genuine suede twin-face made of the best quality materials.
- Internal material is a genuine sheepskin that naturally wicks away moisture and keeps you warm in winter.
- It is very flexible and lightweight boot.
- The Boot has a very minimalist design that is ideal for a barefoot feeling.
- The outsole is a thin rubber design that offers a good grip.
- The Upper is very lightweight and flexible.
- The shoe is available in more color options.
Index Table: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Men
|1||Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 - Desert Chukka Boot||Clarks||98.6|
|2||Timberland Men's Kendrick - Versatile Chukka Boots||Timberland||96|
|3||Clarks Men's Originals - Chukka Desert Boot||Clarks||96|
|4||Rockport Men's Classic Break - Chukka Boot||Rockport||97|
|5||Rockport Men's Prestige Point - Most Comfortable Chukka Boot||Rockport||95|
|6||Merrell Men's Freewheel - Cushioned Chukka Sneakers||Merrell||96|
|7||UGG Men's Neumel - Warmest Winter Chukka Boots||UGG||95|
|8||Vivobarefoot Men's Gobi - Minimalist Chukka Boots||Vivobarefoot||96|
Table of Contents
- Facts on the Desert Chukka Boot
- How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
- Unique Features of the Chukka Boot
- Reviews: Best Chukka Boots
- Clarks® Men's Bushacre 2 Desert Chukka Boot
- Timberland® Men's Kendrick Versatile Chukka Boots
- Clarks® Men's Originals Chukka Desert Boot
- Rockport® Men's Classic Break Chukka Boot
- Rockport® Men's Prestige Point Most Comfortable Chukka Boot
- Merrell® Men's Freewheel Cushioned Chukka Sneakers
- UGG® Men's Neumel Warmest Winter Chukka Boots
- Vivobarefoot® Men's Gobi Minimalist Chukka Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Men