Chukka boots are ankle-high boots that have a suede or leather uppers and a leather or rubber outsole; the lacing system usually has two or three pairs of distinct eyelets.
The name Chukka is derived from the game of polo, where a period of play is called a chukker.
The best chukka boots are the ones that have a minimalist feel, ankle height, open lacing with two or three eyelets, a thin leather sole, calfskin suede uppers that are unlined, and a rounded toe.
Facts on the Desert Chukka Boot
- Timeless Design – The Chukka boot is a timeless and traditional classic men’s footwear that originated all the way from World War II.
- Lightweight – These boots are lightweight and offer a good grip.
- Fashionable – The Desert Chukka boot is a fashionable and elegant choice that you can wear for any occasion.
- Crepe Outsole – The Desert boot always has a crepe rubber sole and suede uppers and are used by soldiers in various bush and desert wars.
- History – Desert boots became popular in the 1950s and later on became a very popular footwear item in South Africa, which was worn by almost every farmer known as a veldskoen or “vellies.”
How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
Today Chukka boots are still a very popular choice in men’s footwear and come in a large variety of styles and colors, from formal dress styles to casual and sporty styles.
There are different styles of Chukka Boots available for more formal occasions, and professional in-office occupations a dress style Chukka boot that is more elegant and classy, worn with a suit should do the trick.
For casual encounters and every day where the traditional style Chukka boot can be worn with a pair of Jeans or Chinos and a T-shirt or comfortable button-up shirt.
There are also more sporty styled casual Chukka boots that can be worn with shorts and jeans for a more comfortable and casual look.
Whatever the occasion you can make a pair of Chukka boots work for you, stick to the traditional basics and you will never be out of fashion
Unique Features of the Chukka Boot
- They are always just ankled high
- The uppers are made from calfskin or suede traditionally but can be made from other materials.
- They feature a lace-up system with two to three eyelets only.
- They have a very thin rubber or leather sole for more minimalist feel.
Reviews: Best Chukka Boots
Here are some of the best selling Chukka boots you should consider;
- Soft and supple leather uppers for comfort and durability.
- A durable synthetic sole.
- An ankle-high style boot that can be worn for any occasion.
- The slight heel offers added stability and class.
- Available in a large variety of colors, suiting any style preference.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers that feature a sleek two eyelet lace-up system with contrasting welt stitching and leather accented heel for durability and unmatched style.
- These Chukka boots are Waterproof!
- Pull-on ribbon loop ensures easy to pull on of these boots for a quick and comfortable fit.
- The synthetic sole has a slight heel for more stability and a sleek appearance.
- There are many colors available to choose from.
- Iconic leather uppers with natural variations for the perfect traditional desert boot style and a comfortable fit.
- The Genuine Plantation crepe outsole is durable and delivers all-day comfort and support.
- An added leather-covered EVA footbed cushions your feet and keeps them dry and comfortable.
- Suede lined counter promotes heel stability, and the Nature-Formed last allows you wiggle and stretching room for your toes.
- A lace-up Chukka boot manufactured from the finest quality leather with blind eyelets and a contrast midsole stripe.
- The outsole is made from synthetic materials and has a stylish stacked heel for better stability and comfort.
- The EVA outsole and midsole ensure maximum shock absorption and comfort for all-day wear.
- A Dewix bacteria-resisting lining helps to reduce odor and prevent foot infections.
- There are different colors to choose from to meet your personal requirements.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a lace-up system.
- The rubber sole ensures excellent traction and durability.
- The perforated padded collar will provide you with breathable comfort and a snug fit.
- Available in dark brown and tan.
- Durable and comfortable pig suede uppers for robust performance.
- A canvas lining is keeping your feet dry and protected.
- The EVA removable footbed ensures cushioned comfort and allows you the freedom to use your orthotics.
- The cycle tread rubber outsole ensures excellent traction and grip.
- A molded nylon arch shank for added support and stability.
- The Merrell Air Cushion in the heel reduces impact by absorbing shock and improving stability.
- Five stunning colors available.
- Classic chukka outsole with a low, sleek profile.
- Uppers: Genuine suede twin-face made of the best quality materials.
- Internal material is a genuine sheepskin that naturally wicks away moisture and keeps you warm in winter.
- It is very flexible and lightweight boot.
Index Table: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Men
|1||Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 - Desert Chukka Boot||Clarks||98.6|
|2||Timberland Men's Kendrick - Versatile Chukka Boots||Timberland||96|
|3||Clarks Men's Originals - Chukka Desert Boot||Clarks||96|
|4||Rockport Men's Ledge Heel 2 - Chukka Boot||Rockport||97|
|5||Rockport Men's ZoneCush - Most Comfortable Chukka Boot||Rockport||95|
|6||Merrell Men's Freewheel - Cushioned Chukka Sneakers||Merrell||96|
|7||UGG Men's Neumel - Warmest Winter Chukka Boots||UGG||95|
|8||Vivobarefoot Men's Gobi - Minimalist Chukka Boots||Vivobarefoot||96|
Table of Contents
- Facts on the Desert Chukka Boot
- How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
- Unique Features of the Chukka Boot
- Reviews: Best Chukka Boots
- Clarks® Men's Bushacre 2 Desert Chukka Boot
- Timberland® Men's Kendrick Versatile Chukka Boots
- Clarks® Men's Originals Chukka Desert Boot
- Rockport® Men's Ledge Heel 2 Chukka Boot
- Rockport® Men's ZoneCush Most Comfortable Chukka Boot
- Merrell® Men's Freewheel Cushioned Chukka Sneakers
- UGG® Men's Neumel Warmest Winter Chukka Boots
- Vivobarefoot® Men's Gobi Minimalist Chukka Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Chukka Boots for Men