Before getting to know more about the various shoes that could be useful for under pronation, we will try and have some basic idea as to what under pronation is all about. This problem is also referred to as supination.
Summary Table – Shoes for Underpronation
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe||Asics||97|
|2||Brooks® - Sever Supination Running Shoes||Brooks||96|
|3||Brooks® - Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators||Brooks||96|
|4||New Balance® - Supination Running Shoe||New Balance||95|
|5||Asics® - Runner's Shoe for Underpronation||Asics||97|
|6||Saucony® - Best Underpronation Running Shoes||Saucony||95|
|7||Saucony® - Best Running Shoes for Supination||Saucony||95|
|8||Saucony® - Walking Shoes for Underpronation||Saucony||97|
|9||New Balance® - New Balance Walking Shoes for Underpronation||New Balance||96|
|10||Dunham® - Dress Shoes for Supinators||Dunham||95|
|11||Birkenstock® - Slingback Best Underpronation Supination Sandal||Birkenstock||96|
|12||Lowa® - Hiking Boots for Supination||Lowa||97|
Definition of Underpronation
Underpronation (or Supination) is when the outer lateral side of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle, preventing the foot from rolling sufficiently inwards upon impact.
This, in turn, results in the feet, taking on more pressure, especially when a person is walking or running, which could lead to inflammation and resultant muscle injuries.
How To Tell if you are an Underpronator
The easiest way to tell if you have under pronation is to look at the soles of an old pair of walking or running shoes. If the soles are worn on the outer lateral side of the heel like in the picture below you are an under pronator.
NO reason to panic, about 15 percent of walkers or runners across the world suffer from under pronation.
If your soles are worn out on the front inner side, you might be an overpronator, for more information on over-pronation check out our post on the Best Shoes for Overpronation
How to Take Care of Underpronation
There are many medicines and other ways by which the problem can be handled. However, for many going in for the right shoes and footwear is considered to be the best way forward. In this article, we will have a look at the various options available on the market.
We will specifically look at some notable shoe models suitable for treating the various symptoms and problems associated with under-pronation.
Best Running Shoes for Underpronation1
Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes: The New 2017 ASICS GEL-Nimbus 19 make use of FluidFit technology, which are stretch reinforcements and multi-directional stretch mesh combined to create a perfect fit.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology that reduces the shock during impact, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
- Forefoot and Rearfoot and GEL-Cushioning framework providing better support for under-pronated foot structure.
- Excellent shock absorbent and cushioning making this shoe a very comfortable one.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S) allowing the foot to perform in a more natural manner resulting in a healthier foot motion.
- This shoe also features as one of the best shoes for Achilles Tendonitis.
Sever Supination Running Shoes
Brooks for many years has been known to come out with different kinds of shoes for those suffering from particular conditions such as a high arch or under pronation. In keeping with this tradition, this particular model has quite a few features that are worth mentioning.
- It is perfectly suited for those suffering from mild to moderate under pronation.
- Chosen by Runner’s World Magazine for the Editor’s Choice Award for Fall 2016.
- It comes with specially cushioned soles which help absorb shock to such users with special needs.
- It also has a new element upper for protection from the elements of nature.
- It is extremely lightweight and has a breathable mesh fabric which aids in the prevention of bad odor.
- The overlays are of high quality made from durable and synthetic materials.
- The insole is made from unique S-257 material and is known for flexibility and cushioning.
- It also has unique crash-pads protecting the heel and midfoot areas.
Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators
The Brooks Glycerin 14 is built for neutral to mild over-pronators and provides lightweight cushioning.
- The full-length Super DNA midsole ensures cushioned comfort and maximum energy return.
- The adjustable saddle construction provides a more comfortable and snug fit.
- The forefoot has soft blown rubber for cushioning and grip.
- The 3D print overlays give structural support and reduce weight.
Supination Running Shoe
Lightweight walking and running shoes with a superb arch support.
- Very comfortable thanks to a lightweight blown rubber outsole and a REVlite midsole.
- Ideal for high performance running.
- Designed to support under-pronation.
- Minimal friction with the foot, no blister or sore spot, due to its no-sew overlays.
- Bootie like construction, resulting in plenty of ankle support.
- Considered to be a very flexible and well-ventilated shoe.
Runner's Shoe for Underpronation
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes: This is a highly popular shoe for those suffering from under pronation. Coming from the house of ASICS there is no doubt that it can help those who suffer from special foot conditions which point towards supination.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- It is an imported shoe that is fully synthetic and made specially keeping in mind the needs of those suffering from under pronation.
- It is also well known for its famous rubber sole that is designed for better grip and support for those suffering from various degrees of supination.
- It is one of the few shoes that come with the unique discrete heel unit which is based on computer-aided and designed Impact Guidance System.
- It also has the much talked about and highly useful Propulsion Trusstic Technology.
- The FluidRole Midsole is also an addition which helps with better grip for those suffering from supination.
Best Underpronation Running Shoes
The Saucony Guide 8 has a unique deep forefoot groove specially designed to support normal to mild under pronation.
- This shoe is made from high-quality synthetic materials.
- Made from reflective overlays making it highly visible in poor light conditions.
- Shock absorbent achieved via a HydraMAX collar lining.
- This version is an upgrade of its predecessor Saucony Ride 7.
- This shoe is featured as one of the best running shoes for high arches.
Best Running Shoes for Supination
The Saucony ProGrid Triumph 7 is a comfortable and supportive running shoe that will aid in correcting Supination.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- The full-length ProGrid cushioning technology ensures maximum comfort and support.
- A lightweight SSL EVA midsole.
Best Walking Shoes for Underpronation8
Walking Shoes for Underpronation
New Balance Walking Shoes for Underpronation
A classically styled walking shoe available in black, white and gray for walkers that supinate.
- Durable leather and textile uppers for a stylish and comfortable fit.
- Rollbar technology to control pronation and provide more stability in an everyday casual walking shoe.
- The cushioned foam midsole ensure luxurious comfort and support.
- A durable rubber outsole for exceptional grip.
Best Dress Shoes for Underpronation10
Dress Shoes for Supinators
These are stunning dress shoes that have all the required features to help correct Supination and provide exceptional comfort.
- Comfortable and durable uppers.
- An arch supportive comfortable padded insole.
- A lightweight fit for easy movement and to prevent foot fatigue.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent traction and shock absorption.
Best Sandals for Underpronation11
Slingback Best Underpronation Supination Sandal
The original cork midsole and contoured footbed were specially designed to provide support and stability for supination.
- Made by hand from pure leather.
- The soles are made from rubber, providing better traction and better shock absorbent.
- Designed to support the specific requirements of both, feminine and masculine, supination feet structure.
- Heel measurement is 0.75 inch, which is a great plus for those suffering from under-pronation of various degrees.
- Platform height: 0.5 inches.
- Featuring a prominent arch support, deep heel cup, and wide toe box.
Best Hiking Shoes for Underpronation12
Hiking Boots for Supination
The innovative ‘Monowrap Frame supportive midsole’ is part of the Supination-Pronation System that helps reduce and prevent over-pronation and supination.
Protect your feet and correct overpronation or supination by wearing one of these exceptional choices of shoes. You will walk in comfort and style knowing that you have the best on your feet.
Table of Contents
- Summary Table – Shoes for Underpronation
- Definition of Underpronation
- Best Running Shoes for Underpronation
- Moderate to Severe Underpronator Shoe
- Sever Supination Running Shoes
- Narrow to Wide Running Shoes for UnderPronators
- Supination Running Shoe
- Runner's Shoe for Underpronation
- Best Underpronation Running Shoes
- Best Running Shoes for Supination
- Best Walking Shoes for Underpronation
- Best Dress Shoes for Underpronation
- Best Sandals for Underpronation
- Best Hiking Shoes for Underpronation
- In Conclusion