Chukka boots are ankle high boots that have a suede or leather uppers and a leather or rubber outsole; the lacing system usually has two or three pairs of distinct eyelets. The name Chukka is derived from the game of polo where a period of play is called a chukker. The best chukka boots are the ones that have very thin rubber or leather sole for more minimalist feel.1
- Soft and supple leather uppers for comfort and durability.
- A durable synthetic sole.
- An ankle high style boot that can be worn for any occasion.
- The slight heel offers added stability and class.
- Available in a large variety of colors suiting any style preference.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers that feature a sleek two eyelet lace up system with contrasting welt stitching and leather accented heel for durability and unmatched style.
- The pull on ribbon loop ensures easy to pull on of these boots for a quick and comfortable fit.
- The synthetic sole has a slight heel for more stability and a sleek appearance.
- There are many colors available to choose from.
- Iconic leather uppers with natural variations for the perfect traditional desert boot style and a comfortable fit.
- The Genuine Plantation crepe outsole is durable and delivers all-day comfort and support.
- An added leather covered EVA footbed cushions your feet and keeps them dry and comfortable.
- Suede lined counter promotes heel stability, and the Nature-Formed last allows you wiggle and stretching room for your toes.
- A lace up Chukka boot manufactured from the finest quality leather with blind eyelets and a contrast midsole stripe.
- The outsole is made from synthetic materials and has a stylish stacked heel for better stability and comfort.
- The EVA outsole and midsole ensure maximum shock absorption and comfort for all day wear.
- A Dewix bacteria-resisting lining helps to reduce odor and prevent foot infections.
- There are different colors to choose from to meet your personal requirements.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a lace up system.
- The rubber sole ensures excellent traction and durability.
- The perforated padded collar will provide you with breathable comfort and a snug fit.
- Available in dark brown and tan.
- Durable and comfortable pig suede uppers for robust performance.
- A canvas lining is keeping your feet dry and protected.
- The EVA removable footbed ensures cushioned comfort and allows you the freedom to use your orthotics.
- The cycle tread rubber outsole ensures excellent traction and grip.
- A molded nylon arch shank for added support and stability.
- The Merrell Air Cushion in the heel reduces impact by absorbing shock and improving stability.
- Five stunning colors available.
- Classic chukka outsole with a low, sleek profile.
- Uppers: Genuine suede twin face made of the best quality materials.
- Internal material is a genuine sheepskin that naturally wicks away moisture and keeps you warm in winter.
- It is very flexible and lightweight boot.
Style & Materials used in a Chukka Boot Traditionally
Chukka boots are traditionally made from soft and supple calfskin or suede although today they are made from many other materials. The Chukka boot became popular in the late 1940’s throughout the 1960’s as casual footwear. Today Chukka boots are still a very popular choice in men’s footwear and come in a large variety of styles and colors, from formal dress styles to casual and sporty styles.
According to historians the essential and traditional style of a Chukka boot is the ankle height, open lacing with two or three eyelets, a thin leather sole, calfskin suede uppers that are unlined and a rounded toe.
The Desert Chukka Boot
A form of Chukka boot called the Desert boot was originally used by the British army in world war two which took place in the desert.
The Desert boot always has a crepe rubber sole and suede uppers and are used by soldiers in various bush and desert wars. Desert boots became popular in the 1950’s and later on became a very popular footwear item in South Africa which was worn by almost every farmer known as a veldskoen or “vellies”.
How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
There are different styles of Chukka Boots available for more formal occasions and professional in office occupations a dress style Chukka boot that is more elegant and classy, worn with a suit should do the trick. For casual encounters and every day where the traditional style Chukka boot can be worn with a pair of Jeans or Chinos and a T-shirt or comfortable button up shirt. There are also more sporty styled casual Chukka boots that can be worn with shorts and jeans for a more comfortable and casual look. Whatever the occasion you can make a pair of Chukka boots work for you, stick to the traditional basics and you will never be out of fashion
Some Unique Features of the Chukka Boot
- They are always just ankle high
- The uppers are made from calfskin or suede traditionally but can be made from other materials.
- They feature a lace up system with two to three eyelets only.
- They have a very thin rubber or leather sole for more minimalist feel.
The Chukka boot is a timeless and traditional classic men’s footwear that originated all the way from World War II.
For a shoe that is lightweight and offers good grip that you can wear for any occasion, the Desert Chukka boot is a fashionable and elegant choice.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 Desert Chukka Boot
- Timberland Men's EK Brook Park Versatile Chukka Boots
- Clarks Men's Originals Chukka Desert Boot
- Rockport Men's Ledge Heel 2 Chukka Boot
- Rockport Men's ZoneCush Plain Toe Chukka Boot
- Merrell Men's Freewheel Cushioned Chukka Sneakers
- UGG Men's Neumel Warmest Winter Chukka Boots
- Vivobarefoot Men's Gobi Minimalist Chukka Boots
- Style & Materials used in a Chukka Boot Traditionally
- The Desert Chukka Boot
- How To Wear a Chukka Boot or Desert Boot
- Some Unique Features of the Chukka Boot