Walking is the best activity scientists acknowledge for relaxing and tension reduction, this is true only if you don’t suffer or hurt your feet while walking, especially if you have high arches.
You will need good walking shoes that have high arch support in order to feel comfortable while walking;
Here are some of the best walking shoes for high arches that are available in the market today.
High Arches Causes and Symptoms
A high arch in one or both your feet is caused by the excessive fixed flexion of the arch of the foot. Individuals with a normal or lower arch have even weight distribution across their entire foot, while with a lower arch you have the risk of weight and impact only affecting your Heels and Balls, of your feet.
Thus There is much stress placed on the balls of the feet and heels of an individual with a higher arch which in turn can cause pain and complications when the proper footwear or supportive orthotics are not worn.
Similarly, a high arched foot lacks the ability to absorb shock and likewise lacks flexibility, so it will tend roll outward, or supinate when you walk or run, as your feet roll through each step. Supination increases your risk of ankle sprains and injuries.
Some Causes May Include:
- They may be inherited or a structural deformity that develops with age.
- You can be born with a high arched foot.
- Neuromuscular conditions may cause contractions that cause a high arch.
- Conditions such as post-stroke paralysis, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, clubfoot, poliomyelitis, and muscular dystrophy, can cause a high arch.
Symptoms of a high arched foot to look out for;
- Pain and cramps in the balls of your feet.
- Plantar Fasciitis or heel pain.
- Calluses and corns on the sides or heels of your feet.
- Hammertoes or claw toes.
- Lateral ankle instability that can cause twisting and sprains.
- Knee, Hip, ankle or lower back pain.
Features of a Good Walking Shoe for a High Arch
- Uppers – Breathable and lightweight upppers with either leather, mesh or suynthetic materails.
- Midsole – Supportive and cushioned EVA or Air Foam midsole that offers stability and structural support.
- Insole – Cushioned and arch supportive insole. A removable insole is ideal so that you can use your won orthotics.
- Outsole – High Abrasion rubber that offers good traction.
- Other – Stability featuress and motion control features aid to pervent excessive pronation.
Reviews: Best Walking Shoes for High Arches
Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
Orthofeet manufactures therapeutic footwear with the most advanced technologies and the highest quality materials.
- Lightweight and seamless construction for a more comfortable fit.
- Heel support and a soft rubber sole with a rigid shank for best high arch support.
- Reinforced counter for the best stability while walking.
- Available in a triple width system with two removable spacer insoles to customize width and depth.
- Available in different patterns, colors, size and width.
Walking Shoes for High Arches
The New Balance 877 is an affordable option in walking shoes that has some excellent features that will benefit those who have a higher arch and are looking for a great, lightweight walking shoe.
- The removable padded insole and ABZORB cushioning provide excellent support and comfort particularly for those individuals with a higher arch.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic leather uppers.
- A non-marking outsole that features Walking Strike Path technology.
- Comfortable, durable and affordable.
Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes
High Arch Walking Shoes
The leather layer and synthetic support overlay of this shoe give the utmost comfort while walking.
- This shoe has an injection-molded EVA midsole and also a 13 mm heel offset, both of these are proven to be very useful for arch support as well as inflamed toes and fingers.
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility when walking in the evenings
- The rubber outsole guarantees you for long life even under rough use.
- This shoe has the Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 and may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
Stability Hhigh Arch Walking Shoe
The Propet Stability Walker is one of the latest models in walking shoes, with ideal features to accommodate a high arch.
- Suede or smooth leather uppers for your choice in black, white, grey or brown color options to choose from.
- reinforced Heel and toe for durability.
- Stability Heel Counter, for a secure fit and improved stability.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- High abrasion rubber outsole.
- Speed lacing system for a fast and secure fit.
High Arch walking and Running Shoe
Asics is a top shoe brand when it comes to athletic shoes, the Gel Kayano 25 is one of the latest models in its range which is suitable for both running and walking.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers for superb lightweight breathability.
- A Fluid fit upper design for a glove-like a secure fit.
- AHAR high abrasion resistant rubber outsole.
- Heel Clutch system, for better suppport and stability.
- A Flytefoam propel formulation for a better bounce back.
High Arch V-Strap Walking Shoe
A high arch supportive sneaker for walking with two velcro strap closures for an even better and customized fit.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a lace up closure and secure velcro straps closure system.
- Supports your arches and provides excellent pronation control.
- A removable cushioned insole.
- HydroFlo technology, for enhanced midsole cushioning and heel and forefoot padding with gel.
- MOGO midsole for full support.
- Cushole for further comfort.
Index Table: Top Walking Shoes for High Arches
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes||Orthofeet||97|
|2||New Balance® - Walking Shoes for High Arches||New Balance||96|
|3||Asics® - Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes||Asics||96|
|4||New Balance® - High Arch Walking Shoes||New Balance||94|
|5||Propet® - Stability Hhigh Arch Walking Shoe||Propet||98|
|6||Asics® - High Arch walking and Running Shoe||Asics||99|
|7||Brooks® - High Arch V-Strap Walking Shoe||Brooks||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- High Arches Causes and Symptoms
- Features of a Good Walking Shoe for a High Arch
- Reviews: Best Walking Shoes for High Arches
- Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
- Walking Shoes for High Arches
- Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes
- High Arch Walking Shoes
- Stability Hhigh Arch Walking Shoe
- High Arch walking and Running Shoe
- High Arch V-Strap Walking Shoe
- Index Table: Top Walking Shoes for High Arches