Therefore, a diabetic person who starts to walk as a way to control blood sugar must choose an appropriate walking diabetic shoe that must meet certain criteria, in order to protect a diabetic foot.
Better Shoes Gives Better Results:
Only a specially designed diabetic walking shoe can protect and not hurt your feet while walking. People with diabetes must be vigilant when it comes to even a simple activity such as walking, as even the slightest pressure can lead to a blister when it comes to a sensitive foot.
If you are walking for a longer period with lower quality shoes, the consequences can be severe, in many cases, just wearing a wide walking shoe can help tremendously ease the pressure on your feet.
What Happens When Not Wearing the Proper Diabetic Shoes?
Here we will have a brief idea of the ill effects and the discomforts one faces because of wearing some imperfect shoes. Yes, your shoes should be in a way that they can take up the shocks and stress that occurs when you place your feet on the ground. It should give you a comfortable and pleasant walk; else you are at the risk of transmitting the shocks and vibrations from the ground to all over your body.
Foot Ulcers can eventually lead to amputation in the feet or legs!
Check your shoes before putting them on for small pebbles, worn areas or rough spots.
Avoid sandals, pointed toes, and high heel shoes, and always wear socks for diabetics.
Why wait, grab one of these awesome diabetic walking shoes, the sooner possible, and start a healthy life with a daily morning walk. Choosing the best shoe size that matches your foot correctly can give you a better result.
Choosing the best-branded shoes for your diabetic feet can keep you out of such risks, some proven shoes, and brands are:
Best Running Shoes for Diabetics1
Running Shoes for Diabetics
Highly durable shoe, an excellent choice for people with diabetes who are overweight.
The New Balance M1540v2 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rearfoot stability.
- This is a very high-quality shoe made from the best quality leather, and it is also very comfortable and breathable.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual-density collar foam adds a great feel, while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole is providing a more stable base and motion control.
- Natural rubber soles, increase grip and helps and helps distribute the foot’s weight evenly, thus, preventing injuries for people with diabetic foot.
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500, eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
Best Walking Shoes for Diabetics2
Diabetic Walking Shoes
The New Balance MW928 is designed to provide day-long comfort, and it is a designated A5500 diabetic shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber, and the upper is made from leather.
- This pair is a wide toe box walking shoes, designed for wiggling toes, as well as helping accommodate swollen feet.
- Available in an extremely wide range of sizes and width, these have garnered extensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the New Balance diabetic walking shoes.
- This great looking New Balance orthopedic shoe is available in four shades.
- You are also protected with free shipping and free return shipping in the case for some reason it does not fit you.
Diabetic Walking White Shoes
Another high-end shoe of Rockport with lace-up closure makes sure that your feet are safe on a well-structured shoe.
- The lightweight shock absorbents of this diabetic dress shoes, keep your legs relieved from stress.
- Keeps your feet in the correct alignment when walking.
- Strobel Technology and cushioning for enhanced control and comfort.
Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
This diabetic slip-on shoe has a rubber sole and 1.5-inch heel which ultimately saves your foot from getting stressed by uneven grounds.
- The memory foam cushion kept inside acts a good shock absorber for a diabetic foot.
- These shoes are very flexible and comfortable; your feet will thank you for wearing this shoe
- It provides a natural stride when you will walk wearing this diabetic shoe.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protections against any kinds of weather or surface.
- This shoe is also one of the best shoes for bad knees.
A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
The leather layer and synthetic support overlay of this diabetic walking shoes give the utmost comfort while walking.
- This shoe has the Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 and may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility when walking in the evenings
- The rubber outsole guarantees you for long life even under rough use.
Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
The Shoe is manufactured from a combination of soft leather and mesh with a seamless and padded lining that gives the perfect comfort feeling to a diabetic foot.
- Extra depth gives extra volume that allows the perfect fit for swollen feet (edema).
- A very lightweight athletic shoe with a unique arch stabilizer for enhanced support.
- This shoe is also recommended for those who suffer from Bunions, Corns / Calluses, and Neuropathy.
Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
Orthofeet manufactures therapeutic and diabetic footwear with the most advanced technologies and the highest quality materials.
- Lightweight and seamless construction for a more comfortable fit.
- Heel support and a soft rubber sole with a rigid shank and reinforced counter for the best stability and support.
- Available in a triple width system with two removable spacer insoles to customize width.
- Available in different patterns, colors, size and width.
Diabetic Work Shoes
As the name suggests, it helps your feet to feel like it floats in the air while walking in these diabetic shoes for men and women of this kind, even for a long time.
- The oil and slip-resistant sole will give you a great feeling of balance and ground-grip.
- The beveled heel generates a forward momentum which helps your gait.
- These work shoes are not only designed to walk but also all the routine works shall be carried with this; even for an outing, this suits well.
- The only downside to this shoe is that it comes in black or white.
Best Dress Shoes for Diabetics9
Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
This diabetic shoe is our first and best choice!
- These Therapeutic Diabetic shoes for men and women, by Dr. Comfort, are stretchable shoes with excellent quality.
- They are desirable by many people who look for accommodation and protection of their diabetic foot, due to their unique orthopedic design and their soft buttery leather.
- As a part of them, you’ll receive the well known Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles to provide extra support on top of great comfort and to cushion.
- You can choose them in two colors, black or chestnut.
- Build from a lightweight leather and Lycra, with a Velcro strap which fits for easy and precise tension on your feet
Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes
These shoes are diabetic and orthopedic approved dress shoes.
- They come in various wide sizes – for women up to 3E and for men up to 5E.
- Stylish but conservative shoes black or brown leather colors (additional colors for women).
- It has added depth for extra comfort to the feet.
- It has removable insoles so that you can replace with your podiatrist prescription insoles.
- These shoes are A5500 Certified Diabetic shoes for women & men, at an affordable price.
- We recommend these shoes for walkers who need orthopedic support as well as protection for diabetic feet.
Wide Dress Diabetic Shoes
The lightweight leather and manmade sole keep this diabetic shoe a unique from other competitors.
- San Crispino heel guarantees for your heel to be stable while walking.
- The breathable mesh lining is an added advantage.
- A Strobel construction build guarantees the flexibility of your forefoot.
Best Boots for Diabetics12
Orthopedic Boots for Diabetics
The Orthofeet Diabetic boots are orthopedic boots designed primarily to accommodate and relieve pain related to foot conditions and medical conditions such as Diabetes.
- Comfortable leather uppers with a multi-layered orthotic insole.
- Lightweight cushioning.
- A Non-binding design to prevent irritation caused by friction.
- The Biomechanical design provides some unparalleled comfort and supports features.
Therapeutic Extra Depth Boots for Diabetics
- Biomechanical designed with extra depth diabetic boots.
- Engineered to offer best footwear solution for Foot Pain.
Best Slippers for Diabetics14
Comfort Orthotic Slippers for Diabetics
The Orthofeet Asheville is a comfortable and warm pair of slippers that you can slip on and off easily with some exceptional support and comfort features.
- An orthotic contoured insole for superior support and comfort.
- Snug and comfortable uppers with seamless construction for less irritation.
- Featuring an extra depth design with ergonomic stride technology.
- Durable and slip-resistant outsole.
Comparison Table: Best Diabetic Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Diabetics||New Balance||97|
|2||New Balance® - Diabetic Walking Shoes||New Balance||97|
|3||Rockport® - Diabetic Walking White Shoes||Rockport||96|
|4||Skechers® - Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe||Skechers||97|
|5||New Balance® - A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes||New Balance||94|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes||Dr. Comfort||94|
|7||Orthofeet® - Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics||Orthofeet||95|
|8||Reebok® - Diabetic Work Shoes||Reebok||96|
|9||Dr. Comfort® - Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro||Dr. Comfort||95|
|10||Propet® - Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Propet||95|
|11||Rockport® - Wide Dress Diabetic Shoes||Rockport||95|
|12||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Boots for Diabetics||Orthofeet||97|
|13||Orthofeet® - Therapeutic Extra Depth Boots for Diabetics||Orthofeet||97|
|14||Orthofeet® - Comfort Orthotic Slippers for Diabetics||Orthofeet||97|
To protect your feet against the pain and symptoms associated with Diabetes, it is vital to wear the correct footwear. From the list we have chosen you can see some excellent and unique features promised by every shoe to provide the necessary comfort and relief.
Table of Contents
- Better Shoes Gives Better Results:
- What Happens When Not Wearing the Proper Diabetic Shoes?
- Best Running Shoes for Diabetics
- Best Walking Shoes for Diabetics
- Diabetic Walking Shoes
- Diabetic Walking White Shoes
- Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
- Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
- Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
- Diabetic Work Shoes
- Best Dress Shoes for Diabetics
- Best Boots for Diabetics
- Best Slippers for Diabetics
- Comparison Table: Best Diabetic Shoes
- In Conclusion