Overweight men do have a few issues to grapple with in daily life.
These may pertain to clothes, furniture, airplane seats and a few others.
But possibly the most vexing of issues has to be that of shoes.
Summary Table of Shoes for Overweight Men
A Few Reasons Why You Keep Gaining Weight
It can be quite frustrating seeing the extra pounds on the scale or not being able to wear a pair of trousers or jeans that you knew used to fit. But did you know that there are a few other factors that could be making you gain weight? Whether it is hormonal or the side effects from chronic medication too many times, we put the blame on ourselves when in fact the cause of our weight gain is from factors that may justify the help of a doctor.
Here are a few health issues that could be the cause of your weight gain;
The medication that you use for depression could gradually cuase you to gain weight that accumulates over a few years. Depression in itself can correlate to weight gain. A preson that feels depressed and lonely have a tendency to eat more high-fat and high-calorie foods typically called comfort foods to make themselves feel better.
There is a huge list of medications that can cuase you to gain weight;
- Birth Control Pills
- Excess Hormones from Hormone therapy
- Blood Pressure and Anti-seizure meds.
- Breast Cancer Medication
- Artritis Treatments
- heartburn Medication
- Migraine Medication.
Some medications affect your apetitie while other affect your metabolism. If you suspect that your medication is affecting your weight it is well advised to consult your doctor for alternative medication or treatments.
Many digestive issues including slower bowel movements can cuase you to gain unecessarry weight. If your bowel movements are not regular enough then you might be dehydrated have low fiber intake or be lacking good flora in your digestive system. Certain medications can also affect your metabolism and reduce bowel movements.
Always make sure to stay well hydrated, eat fiber rich foods and try probiotics to keep you healthy and regular.
If you are lacking magnesium or iron or having a vitamin D deficiency, your immune system may be compromised and your energy levels lowered which can also alter your metabolism. You may also find that you are trying to compensate for your low energy by consuming more sugar, caffeine, and carbohydrates. Eating food that is rich in iron and magnesium and making sure that you get adequate sunlight exposure will help to cure these deficiencies.
Unfortunately, this is the one factor that is completely unavoidable. As you get older, your metabolism slows down, and you need less food and more exercise to keep a healthy weight. Carbohydrates are burnt much slower by your body and stored more readily as fat. Therefore getting more exercise and following a healthy balanced diet is much more important as you get older.
Musculoskeletal conditions such as Plantar fasciitis, osteoarthritis, and knee or hip pain could also cause weight gain because these conditions force you to cut down on activity. Modifying your exercise routine and taking part in swimming and other exercises will help to prevent weight gain when you suffer from these conditions.
Cushing’s Syndrome occur when your body is not producing enough nutrients due to a cortisol-producing tumor that is present on one of your adrenal glands, causing weight gain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and changes in skin tone.
Cushing’s Syndrome is a very rare condition, and usually, you will only gain weight in your midsection while your arms and legs stay slender with this condition.
You can consult your doctor and request a few tests if you suspect that you are suffering from Cushing’s Syndrome.
How Does being Overweight Affect your Feet and Body
Your feet carry the weight of your entire body when you walk, run or stand and absorb the impact when your foot strikes the ground. The heavier you are, the harder your feet need to work to support your body’s weight and the more stress there is from the impact on your bones and tissues. Being overweight will stress not only your feet but legs as well and cause them to wear down with time.
People who are heavier also add more strain to their knees ankles and hips which can lead to a range of issues with time.
Simple activities such as walking and standing could become very painful and uncomfortable to people who are obese leading to even less much-needed exercise and activity which further adds to weight gain.
Footwear and Exercise for Overweight Men
First of all, make sure that you shoes fit properly and are not too loose or tight, your feet may widen and become larger with weight gain and your foot’s arches may also flatten or collapse, so make sure to find a shoe that is appropriate and fits well. Footwear with adequate cushioning and the correct support for your foot type and pronation type which helps to brace your foot’s structure will work the best.
Activities such as cycling and swimming are most recommended for people who are overweight or suffering from obesity and foot pain. If you spend most of your time sitting down it is also advised to stand up or walk around for a few minutes and so gradually to increase activity.
What to Look For in a Shoe for Heavy Men
For the shoes that overweight people wear, not only have to be robust and durable enough to withstand all the weight but have to be comfortable and safe to wear as well.
Special attention needs to be made when designing shoes for obese people, the shoes must be wider than normal, and their inner volume must be much bigger than shoes for skinny persons.
Some shoe manufacturers pay attention for the stability of the foot inside the shoe; this is most important when an overweight person who try to lose weight need to walk few miles a day to keep the metabolism up and burn some fat.
Detailed List – Best Shoes for Overweight Men
Given below is information pertaining to the top walking shoes preferred by overweight men;
Black in color and nice looking this shoe may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
We found this shoe to be one of the best diabetic shoes for men.
- This is unarguably a great walking shoe for overweight men.
- It comes with motion control which helps in stabilizing the gait of someone who is bulky, thereby improving the way the person walks.
- The fact that this shoe comes in different width sizes means that most overweight people will be able to find the right fit.
- Quite pricey shoe, but it offers real value for money in that it is extremely comfortable, yet long lasting.
- Features like the ABZORB, patented painted mid-foot cushioning and odorless treatment makes it a daily wear, 9 to 5 kind of shoe.
- Using its ABZORB cushioning technology, it can help overweight people to cushion the weight impact on their foot.
The Asics Gel Cumulus 17 is designed in a fashion that provides stability and support to the wearer, and it is one of the best-selling Asics walking shoes for men.
- Extra protective gel cushioning in the mid-sole area combined with Impact Guidance System (IGS) help to maintain a natural gait.
- This shoe has lots of room for your toes, as it has various wide width sizes.
- Available at affordable prices, one can buy a pair till size 15.
- Most overweight users rate these shoes quite high on all parameters: comfort, design, and durability.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus 17 is a much recommended walking shoe for overweight men on account of the excellent cushioning.
- An option of wide width sizes provides enough room and comfort for your toes.
These shoes are very graceful looking and at the same time extremely well designed.
- Not only will they help an overweight person improve his gate, but also make his walk exceedingly smooth.
- These could, in fact, be easily worn for miles and miles and they will be none the worse for wear.
- A leather and mesh affair, it comes with an energy plate for efficient motion and helps conserve energy.
- Most buyers of the Propet Commuterlite Walking Shoe reported going for a second and third repeat purchase.
This shoe effectively takes care of the swollen feet that are usually a lot of overweight periods, by providing two removable in-soles that can adjust to wider and bigger feet.
- Additionally, a tempered steel shank provides the requisite arch support for big people.
- These Shoes are one of the Best Shoes for Standing All Day
- Heel stabilizers and built-in heel cushion pad make these are a preferred fat people shoes.
- Two hook-and-loop Velcro straps for an easy and adjustable fit.
- A very wide width selection of up to 6E makes the difference for large feet.
The hallmark of the Dr. Scholl’s walking shoe is that it prevents the feet of overweight men from twisting and turning.
- This shoe has a Flexible rubber outsole and the Massaging Gel insole that provides Dri-Lex lining giving you all-day freshness feel.
- Padded tongues and ankle cups add to the comfort factor.
- You can get this shoe in 3 width sizes: Medium, Wide, and Extra Wide
- Price is affordable considering these shoes utilize top quality materials.
- Most buyers leave excellent reviews for the shoe and recommend it heartily as almost a “medical” shoe for overweight men.
Stylish design and quality build meets unbelievable comfort feel.
- This shoe can carry heavy people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a rubber sole that delivers a great grip and traction – it has an OSHA compliant slip resistant outsole.
- The Shape-Ups XT is a very wide width shoe and its one of the main reason it fits obese people.
- The Skechers Shape-Ups XT have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, so the rolling effect is very even from the heel to the front.
- This Skechers shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still have a ridged stable feeling.
- Many overweight people are prone to suffering from plantar fasciitis, and the rubber soles can help to ease the pain under the heel.
- This shoes will also ease the pain on your lower back and knees.
This shoe is designed for heavy people who have flat feet and tend to overpronate.
- The New Balance M1540v2 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rear foot stability.
- It’s lightweight upper constructed with mesh for breathability and a synthetic complement for stability and structure.
- They will provide extra support and comfort to all your activities.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual density collar foam adds a great feel, while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole providing a more stable base and motion control.
- Mesh sides are comfortable for people who supper from bunions.
- This shoe is good for running and walking.
These training shoes are designed to host the really biggest feet and are available in sizes and widths from 4E Wide and Up to Size 20.
- Built from durable materials, with special attention to the injection-molded EVA midsole.
- Available in various large sizes – up to size 20.
- The widest shoe available in the market – up to the width of 4E.
- These are excellent shoes for heavyweight men who stands on his feet for long hours.
- These are among the preferred shoes of workers in a hospital as they walk and stand most of the time while on the job.
- High toe box provides a lot of room to accommodate even the largest foot.
- The rocker bottom design of the outsole allows for a natural stride during active days spent on your feet, without any fatigue.
- This shoe is designed with a smooth leather upper, a contoured leather insole, and a shock-absorbent rubber outsole.
The Nike Free 4.0 is an ultra-lightweight and flexible running and walking shoe with added comfort and structural features to support heavier weight.
- Flexible and breathable mesh uppers that will conform to the shape of your foot.
- The Flywire cables provide structural support and an adaptive fit.
- The knit-in ventilation holes at the quarter panel enhance ventilation and breathability to keep your feet dry and cool.
- The Nike Free midsole with hexagonal flex grooves ensures more flexibility and enhanced motion.
- The rubber outsole provides long lasting durable traction.
- The Nike Free 4.0 is available in many color options.
The Saucony Progrid Guide 5 is a light and flexible shoe designed for the mild to over-pronator who requires good cushioning and improved stability in a running or walking shoes.
- The uppers are manufactured from breathable mesh with supportive synthetic overlays.
- A padded tongue and collar offer a more snug and comfortable fit, and the HydraMAx lining ensures excellent moisture management.
- A Comfortride open-cell foam sock liner provides cushioned and breathable underfoot comfort along with antimicrobial properties.
- The HRC Strobel Board provides even more cushioning and stability.
- A dual density EVA Super Lite midsole optimized the rebound and provided lightweight durability.
- The IBR blew rubber compound sole is much lighter and more responsive for better cushioning.
- An XT-900 carbon rubber outsole delivers the ultimate in durable traction.
The new Balance MT690V1 is a running and walking shoe for off-road trails and adventures with a supportive and cushioned IMEVA midsole and an all-terrain outsole.
- The fabric and synthetic uppers provide a comfortable and breathable fit with a gusseted tongue.
- An IMEVA foam midsole offers luxurious underfoot cushioning and support.
- The Speed tide technology ensures the best performance and support.
- An AT Tread rubber all-terrain outsole will give you improved grip on slippery and uneven terrain.
- This shoe is available in different colors to choose from.
Enjoy the fresh air and blood pumping experience of walking with one of these fantastic options of walking and running shoes. Stay fit and healthy without any pain or discomfort as these shoes are sure to keep your feet well supported and cushioned.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Summary Table of Shoes for Overweight Men
- A Few Reasons Why You Keep Gaining Weight
- How Does being Overweight Affect your Feet and Body
- What to Look For in a Shoe for Heavy Men
- Detailed List – Best Shoes for Overweight Men
- New Balance Men's 928 Best Walking S for Overweight Walkers
- Asics Men's Gel Cumulus 18 Heavy Duty Walking Shoes
- Propet Men's Commuterlite Heavy Weight Walking Shoes
- Drew Men's Force Velcro Overweight Walking Shoes
- Dr. Scholl's Men's Harrington Walking Shoes for Heavy Men
- Skechers Men's Shape Up XT Fitness Big Shoes for Big Guys
- New Balance Men's M1540V2 Walking Shoe for Overweight Men
- New Balance Men's MC623V3 Training Shoes for Obese men
- Dansko Men's Wide Professional Best Work Shoes for Overweight Men
- Nike Men's Free Flyknit 4.0 Walking and Running Shoe for Heavy Weight
- Saucony Men's ProGrid Guide 5 Heavy Weight Walking and Running Shoe
- New Balanace Men's MT690V1 Trail Running and Walking Shoe