If you are one of those who experiences a tearing pain in your shin as you try to sprint or walk fast, then it is quite likely that you could be suffering from shin splints. We review here the best walking shoes for shin splints, as your shoes are the immediate suspects in causing this pain.
Comparison Table for Shoes for Shin Splints
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Walking Shoes for Shin Splints||Vionic||97|
|2||Slip On Walking Shoes for Shin Splints||Propet||96|
|3||Fitness Shoes for Shin Splints||Skechers||97|
|4||Best Dress Shoes for Shin Splints||Propet||97|
|5||Shin Splints Casual Shoes||Hush Puppies||95|
|6||Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints||Asics||98|
Reasons for Shin Pain
There could be many reasons for this and overuse of muscles, or some form of injury could be the main reasons behind this. In many cases, stress fractures which are nothing but tiny breaks in the lower leg bones could also be a contributory factor.
Flat feet or overpronation is also considered to be the primary reason for this problem.
Suggested Treatments for Shin Splints
- Amongst the various treatments that are suggested, resting the feet is often considered to be the most effective. A few days rest would be an excellent idea, but the problem could again recur.
- There are other treatments suggested, and they include icing the shin area. It has to be done every 20 to 30 minutes for three to four days until the pain subsides.
- Another method can be the use of NSAIDS and OTC pain killers are also recommended, but they should be used sparingly and with caution and discretion.
- Using special types of shoes could also be considered as a solution to this problem. These could be in the form of shoe inserts or even going in for specially enabled shoes The latter is a better option.
List of Shoes for Shin Splints Reviews
Over the next few lines, we will have a look at five such shoes which according to experts and customers are considered to be the best walking shoes to prevent shin splints.
Walking Shoes for Shin Splints
Shin splints are most common (but not limited) to people with flat feet and therefore shoes that are used for flat feet can do the job quite well. This particular model from Vionic is highly recommended for shin splints. Here is a look at the various features associated with this shoe:
- It is made from high quality imported leather.
- The sole is human-made and soft; makes is suitable for use by those suffering from shin splints.
- It has a leather upper which makes is very delicate and supple.
- It comes with the well-known Vionic Orthoheel supportive technology, which takes pressure off shins.
- It has been designed by podiatrists and comes with a biomechanical orthotic insole.
- It also has a rubber outsole and EVA midsole.
- Taking the above factors into account there is no doubt that these are good shoes for shin splints.
Slip On Walking Shoes for Shin Splints
According to many users, this fully leather shoe could be the right choice for those suffering from shin splints. This is because it has been uniquely designed and takes into account the special needs of men and women suffering from this condition. Here are a few features and specifications which are worth noting:
- It is made from high-quality rubber sole which has been designed to absorb shock while walking long distances or even when sprinting.
- It also has a two-layered rubber sole which makes the shoe very comfortable and cozy.
- It also comes with a removable cushioned insole.
- The insole has been specially designed for absorbing shocks for those suffering from shin splints.
- It also has a molded EVA midsole which also absorbs shocks very well.
- The rubber soles also have been designed for absorbing shocks from the users.
Fitness Shoes for Shin Splints
These shoes have been specially designed to take pressure off the shins and are an excellent choice for shin splints pain.
These shoes have some unique features and are very useful for remedying certain painful symptoms associated with shin splints. Here are a few of them:
- It is made from leather and synthetic, therefore, offers the best possible comfort to the users.
- The unique rocker bottom rubber soles distribute the weight evenly and across the whole foot gait.
- It also comes with cushioned soft fabric lining midsole for absorbing shocks.
- These factors are taken into account this is certainly a shoe that helps people with shin splints.
Best Dress Shoes for Shin Splints
It is considered by many to be one of the best shoe brands that make shin splints pain almost disappear. Here are a few reasons why many customers think this way:
- Entirely made from leather, this shoe has humanmade soles too.
- It is sewn by hand and therefore is very flexible even for wide feet.
- It comes with fully lined work to provide extra comfort.
- It has a unique removable air insole. The purpose of the insole is to provide additional cushioning and for absorption of odor and moisture
- It also has an extended heel which offers total support throughout the day.
- It also has an outsole that is very light in weight and made from polyurethane. It is suitable for better traction and shock absorption.
Shin Splints Casual Shoes
It is another great shoe which could easily classify as the best shoes for shin splints. It has humanmade soles and is entirely made from high-quality leather. There are other features too, which are suitable for those suffering from shin splints.
- The heel is extremely well designed as an ideal for all those suffering from shin splints.
- It comes with a padded tongue. It also has a collar with linings made from leather.
- It comes with a removal contoured EVA insole having linings made from quality fabrics.
- They go a long way in providing an additional layer of support to the feet. Hence, they are very suitable for feet, which suffer from shin splints.
- Finally, it also has a mesh lining that is soft and moisture wicking.
- The shoe is very supple and flexible and; therefore, it can also easily accommodate wide feet without the need to go in for a bigger size.
- Taking the above factors into account, one can safely say that it is a good shoe for shin splints.
Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
- The Asics Gel Cumulus 17 is specially made to support and stabilize your foot and ease the pain from your shin splints.
- It is designed to provide support to keep your feet from rolling to the outside.
- It provides enough room for your toes, as it has wide width sizes.
- Available in different sizes, up to size 15.
- The mid-sole area comes with protective gel cushioning and impact guidance system to help you maintain your natural gait and distribute the step impact across the entire skeletal bones and muscles.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus also features as one of the best walking shoes for overweight men as well as best shoes for overweight women.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Shoes for Shin Splints
- Reasons for Shin Pain
- Suggested Treatments for Shin Splints
- List of Shoes for Shin Splints Reviews
- Walking Shoes for Shin Splints
- Slip On Walking Shoes for Shin Splints
- Fitness Shoes for Shin Splints
- Best Dress Shoes for Shin Splints
- Shin Splints Casual Shoes
- Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
- Shock Doctor Unisex Low Profile Cleat Best Insoles for Shin Splints