Overpronation is a condition when there is excessive inward rolling of the feet after landing. It is a situation where the feet continue to roll inward when it should be pushing off forward. Over-Pronation usually occurs in people with flat feet or fallen arches, but it is not limited only to this types of foot arches.
This condition can lead to knee pain and shin splints.
Those who over pronate will also find that the inner side of the running or walking shoes will have excessive wear and tear. Hence, it is important for an over-pronator to look for a suitable shoe to correct this condition so they can avoid injuries and excessive pressure on the inner side of the feet.
Comarison Table for the Best Overpronation Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Best Shoes for Overpronation||Asics||95|
|2||Best Running Shoes for Overpronation||Saucony||94|
|4||Severe Overpronation Shoes||New Balance||95|
|5||Dress Shoes for Overpronation||Vionic||94|
|6||Walking Shoe for Overpronator||New Balance||95|
|7||Running Shoes for Over-pronation||Nike||93|
|8||Flat Feet and Overpronation||Brooks||94|
|9||Running Shoes for Moderate to Severe Overpronators||New Balance||96|
|10||Overpronation Insoles||New Balance||96|
How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
One sure method to determine if you are an overpronator is to look at the bottom of your shoes, If you see a pattern of wear that is on the inside of the shoe, then most probably you are an Overpronator and possibly have flat feet.
What Types of Problems Can Overpronation Cause?
There are some problems which could be described as symptoms for those who suffer from overpronation. Unless they can get the right shoes, they could suffer from various conditions including different types of foot ailments.
These problems could be:
- Arch Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Heel Pain
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
Therefore, it is of utmost important that special walking shoes for overpronation should be immediately used.
Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
Before purchasing a walking shoe or running shoe, examine your legs to see if you have an arch. If you don’t see one or if your footprint appears entire (when stepping with wet feet on paper) and with no inward curving region in the center, then you have a set base, and you need athletic shoes for overpronators, which are called motion control shoes.
All of the top running shoe manufacturers invest heavily in the motion control class of shoes.
A motion control shoe can correct the issues that usually frustrates flat footed walkers or runners. People with flat feet have an inclination to overpronate or experience an excessive rolling motion of their feet. If this condition is not corrected; they will not be able to achieve better results or worse – they can damage body parts as described above.
When the overpronation issue is corrected, the walkers or runners may achieve their optimum functionality without having to worry about their feet.
Top Shoes for Overpronation Reviews
A look at the different brands and models of shoes that Overpronators could use to correct their problems.
Best Shoes for Overpronation
This indeed is an excellent looking and brightly colored shoe that is very suitable for all those who are suffering from various stages of pronation.
- It is an imported shoe having synthetic mesh and high-quality GEL-Infused rubber soles.
- It has the unique and highly recommended Gait-enhancing Impact Guidance System (IGS) which is known to be suitable for supporting and treating overpronation.
- The rear and the front of the shoe has a versatile GEL cushioning system.
- The low-density midsole material and the special design of the heel region causes it to be a level better shoe for overpronators as both prevents the legs from pointless movements.
- Overall it is our top choice of shoe for an overpronator.
Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
This is a high quality imported shoe that is made from a combination of high-quality synthetic and nylon materials.
- The rubber soles are of good quality, and it has an 8 mm heel to toe drop which is very useful for those suffering from overpronation.
- It also has other features like an arch lock and supports frame for helping people suffering from overpronation.
- It also has a midsole that is made from EVA Foam of dual density.
- The outsole is also very durable and made from a unique compound known as XT-900.
- So, when looked at in totality, it offers good value for money.
This is an imported shoe made from high-quality synthetic material as far as the uppers are concerned.
- Amongst other things, the rubber soles are very soft, durable and very rugged.
- Further, it is one of the few shoes that comes with a new impact reducing double fan wave technology.
- The midsole also has a unique forefoot Wave Plate Lightweight technology being used in it.
- The flex grooves are well engineered to ensure a smooth ride and walk at all points of time.
- It also comes with extra-wide forefoot gauge which helps with maximum support.
- It is very light weight. When looked at in totality it helps in aligning the steps of those suffering from overpronation.
Severe Overpronation Shoes
This amazing shoe is made correctly to suit those who suffer from various problems associated with overpronation.
Very lightweight but very sturdy and long-lasting.
- This shoe was built to handle severe overpronation.
- It has a lot of features including high-quality rubber soles that absorb shock quite effortlessly.
- The forefoot has specially designed flex grooves and it is considered to be among the best wide toe box walking shoes.
- It also has unique N2 low-to-the-ground cushioning.
- It is also suitable for those who are looking for quality diabetic care shoes.
- The medial post comes with a new technology called Stabilicore which ensure maximum stability.
- It is antimicrobial and offers cushioning for total comfort.
Dress Shoes for Overpronation
These stylish dress shoes are clinically shown to help relieve problems related to over pronation.
- Podiatrist-designed- biomechanical orthotic footbed with deep heel cup.
- Patterned tread durable rubber outsole provides traction on a variety of surfaces.
- EVA midsole lightweight and flexible absorbs shock and reduce pressure on the knees ankles and feet.
Walking Shoe for Overpronator
The New Balance 928V2 provides excellent arch support and a firm heel for overpronation while also having a roomy toe box for a wider.
- Incorporating antimicrobial properties, ensuring your feet health by eliminating undesired bacteria while preventing nasty smell.
- The ‘WW928’ has a spacious toe box intended to lessen joint inflammation and provide extra toes movement, which is a key factor in relieving bunion pain.
- People who have wide feet would certainly like the “New Balance WW928” because it produced in extra-wide sizes; A vital aspect in a correct posture.
- Advisable for those who have diabetes. A combination of soft material and soft insoles. Provides a reduction in horizontal movement of the foot within the shoe and limits the motion of foot joints.
- With a firm heel and arch support system and a non-bending structure, this shoe is advisable for those suffering from overpronation.
- Nearly all heavy users rate this kind of “New Balance” shoes pretty high on most parameters: comfort, layout, and strength.
- There are a few possible causes of heel pain, such as overweight and excessive exercise, in this case, your feet require the extra cushioning, provided by this shoe, to help inhibit the inflammation at the bottom of your feet.
- A non-marking outsole, perfect for vulnerable floors, such as the gym, as well as yachts.
Running Shoes for Over-pronation
An excellent option for flat feet and Plantar Fasciitis. The Nike LunarGlide 6 Flash provides good arch support in lightweight shoes.
- The Nike Lunar has a good arch support, and at the same time, they are lightweight.
- These shoes can be wear for an everyday casual look as well as for running on roads or treadmill.
- The reflective silver on the uppers allows you to run or walk at night, ensuring better visibility.
Flat Feet and Overpronation
The Addiction 12 is the most famous shoe Brooks ever came up with for flat footed and overpronators.
- This latest variant was recently given by Runner’s World as the Greatest Update of the year.
- The shoe uses its trademark PDRB triple-density medial post, which will be its primary motion control technology that managed to get the best athletic shoe for overpronators, so it remains to be the top motion control shoe in the marketplace.
- This shoe now also offers irregular top overlays that keep the arch nicely supported.
- To further prevent overpronation, Brooks additionally added a higher heel and a caterpillar heel pad which corrects better to the runner’s and walker’s heel landings.
Running Shoes for Moderate to Severe Overpronators
The New Balance 870V4 is designed to deal with moderate to severe pronation.
- This shoe uses the patented New Balance ABZORB shock-absorbing cushioning.
- The shoe uses Asymmetric heel counter support together with Motion-Control to correct the gait cycle and prevent the excessive overpronation.
- This shoe has a variety of sizes and widths to choose from so you can choose an exact match for wide, extra wide or narrow foot.
These insoles will provide you with maximum comfort and support, particularly for overpronation.
- These insoles provide control and prevent excess pronation via a slightly higher rear foot wedge.
- They provide motion control and stability by their EVA orthotic that is re-enforced with a hardened plastic shell.
- The heels of the insoles are cushioned for better shock absorption.
- They can be trimmed in the forefoot for exact fit into the shoes.
Wearing the correct footwear or using and Insole for Overpronation can greatly aid in correcting the condition as well as provide relief of pain caused by overpronation. The shoes we have chosen are all well-known brands with top ratings and reviews that are excellent options to help correct overpronation and eliminate pain.
Table of Contents
- Comarison Table for the Best Overpronation Shoes
- How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
- What Types of Problems Can Overpronation Cause?
- Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
- Top Shoes for Overpronation Reviews
- Best Shoes for Overpronation
- Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Overpronator Shoe
- Severe Overpronation Shoes
- Dress Shoes for Overpronation
- Walking Shoe for Overpronator
- Running Shoes for Over-pronation
- Flat Feet and Overpronation
- Running Shoes for Moderate to Severe Overpronators
- Overpronation Insoles
- To Conclude