Overpronation is a condition when there is excessive inward rolling of the feet after landing. It is a situation where the feet continue to roll inward when it should be pushing off forward. Over-Pronation usually occurs in people with flat feet or fallen arches, but it is not limited only to this type of foot arches.
This condition can lead to knee pain, ankle pain, and shin splints.
Those who overpronate will find that the inner side of the running or walking shoes will have excessive wear and tear. Hence, it is important for an over-pronator to look for a suitable shoe to correct this condition so they can avoid injuries and excessive pressure on the inner side of the feet.
Index Table: Best Overpronation Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Overpronator||New Balance||95|
|2||Brooks® - Walking Shoes for Over Pronation||Brooks||95|
|3||Vionic® - Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes||Vionic||95|
|4||New Balance® - Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe||New Balance||96|
How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
One sure method to determine if you are an overpronator is to look at the bottom of your shoes, If you see a pattern of wear that is on the inside of the shoe, then most probably you are an Overpronator and possibly have flat feet.
What Types of Problems Can Overpronation Cause?
There are some problems which could be described as symptoms for those who suffer from overpronation. Unless they can get the right shoes, they could suffer from various conditions including different types of foot ailments.
These problems could be:
- Arch Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Heel Pain
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that special walking shoes for overpronation should be immediately used.
Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
Before purchasing a walking shoe, examine your legs to see if you have an arch. If you don’t see one or if your footprint appears entire (when stepping with wet feet on paper) and with no inward curving region in the center, then you have a set base, and you need athletic shoes for overpronators, which are called motion control shoes.
All of the top running shoe manufacturers invest heavily in the motion control class of shoes.
A motion control shoe can correct the issues that usually frustrates flat footed walkers or runners. People with flat feet have an inclination to overpronate or experience an excessive rolling motion of their feet. If this condition is not corrected; they will not be able to achieve better results or worse – they can damage body parts as described above.
When the overpronation issue is corrected, the walkers or runners may achieve their optimum functionality without having to worry about their feet.
Reviews: Top Walking Shoes for Overpronation
A look at the different brands and models of walking shoes that Overpronators could use to correct their problems.
Walking Shoe for Overpronator
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes: The New Balance 928v3 provides excellent arch support and a firm heel for overpronation while also having a roomy toe box for a wider.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review (Previous Model)
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review (Previous Model)
- Incorporating antimicrobial properties, ensuring your feet health by eliminating undesired bacteria while preventing nasty smell.
- The ‘928’ has a spacious toe box intended to lessen joint inflammation and provide extra toes movement, which is a key factor in relieving bunion pain.
- People who have wide feet would certainly like the “New Balance 928” because it produced in extra-wide sizes; A vital aspect in a correct posture.
- Advisable for those who have diabetes. A combination of soft material and soft insoles. Provides a reduction in horizontal movement of the foot within the shoe and limits the motion of foot joints.
- With a firm heel and arch support system and a non-bending structure, this shoe is advisable for those suffering from over-pronation.
- Nearly all heavy users rate this kind of “New Balance” shoes pretty high on most parameters: comfort, layout, and strength.
- There are a few possible causes of heel pain, such as overweight and excessive exercise, in this case, your feet require the extra cushioning, provided by this shoe, to help inhibit the inflammation at the bottom of your feet.
- A non-marking outsole, perfect for vulnerable floors, such as the gym, as well as yachts.
Walking Shoes for Over Pronation
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes: As the name suggests, these shoes are very familiar with the consummate walker.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- Soft and supple full grain leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A MOGO midsole that provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Hydroflow technology ensure additional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The triple density PDRB post on the medial side ensure industry leading stability.
- Synthetic outsole delivers superb traction.
Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes
Podiatrists Designed Shoe for use by Overpronators.
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It is extremely popular for those who suffer from pain due to flat feet, heel pain, calluses, the ball of foot pain and bunions.
- Classy look with mesh uppers and Shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- Human-made sole – specifically designed to keep you always on the move.
- It comes with a built-in Orthoheel insole that is very useful for controlling foot gait.
Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
The New Balance 847 is the perfect walking shoe for overpronation as it provides all the support functions and prevents excess rolling of your feet.
- This shoe is manufactured from breathable and lightweight cotton.
- Its elastane with a Lightning Dry moisture wicking lining to reduce foot fatigue and keep your feet dry and fresh.
- The ABZORB cushioning and Ortholite foam insert provide lightweight support and comfort.
- A Rollbar stability system ensures that you do not pronate excessively.
- A durable rubber outsole with Ndurance rubber compounds on all the high-wear areas of the outsole.
Wearing the correct footwear or using and Insole for Overpronation can greatly aid in correcting the condition as well as provide relief of pain caused by overpronation. The shoes we have chosen are all well-known brands with top ratings and reviews that are excellent options to help correct overpronation and eliminate pain.
Table of Contents
- Index Table: Best Overpronation Walking Shoes
- Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
- Reviews: Top Walking Shoes for Overpronation
- Walking Shoe for Overpronator
- Walking Shoes for Over Pronation
- Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- To Conclude