There cannot be anything more satisfying than for parents than to see their baby taking their first steps. As the child learns to walk it is quite obvious that it will not wish to stay in one place. Therefore the onus lies on the parents to ensure that their child has a fun, colorful and comfortable pair of shoes to enable them to master its new found talent and skill. Keep in mind that as a baby progresses in walking, they will need a shoe that offers more extensive grip.
Index Table for Walking Shoes for Babies
|1||Vans Baby's White - Walking Shoe||Vans||95|
|2||Carters Baby's Alex - Stage 3 Boys and Girls Walking Shoe||Carters||96|
|3||Keen Baby's Coronado Print - Colorfull Walking Sneaker||Keen||95|
|4||Puma Baby's Steeple Glitz AOG V - Comfortable Walking Shoe||Puma||94|
|5||Stride Rite CC Baby's Brattle Oxford - Walking Shoe||Stride Rite CC||96|
Things To Bear In Mind When Buying Shoes For Babies
While there is no doubt that looks and appearances matter a lot when it comes to buying shoes, the most important factors that need to be taken into account are comfort and safety.
Safety is paramount because wearing shoes is a new thing for babies and they really could take the time to walk and get used to it.
However, at the same time, it is important to ensure that the shoes protect the feet of the child from the weather, insect bites and hard surfaces.
A baby that is learning to walk needs a shoe that fits comfortable and is the correct size as well as that will not slip off.
A good grip is essential as a baby is not steady on his or her feet and need extra protection, particularly on slippery floor surfaces.
It is vital to choose a shoe that has proper closures such as an adjustable velcro strap as babies tend to take off their shoes easily. Shoes that offer an adjustable fit also compensate for the natural growth of a baby’s foot, as baby’s feet grow at quite a fast pace. This fact also makes it important to check the fit of a shoe for a baby regularly making sure that they have not outgrown their shoes.
Charactaristics of a Good Shoe for Babies that Are Starting to Walk
- Make sure that the shoe fits comfortably and snugly on the babies foot and that it is not to loose or too tight.
- Soft and comfortable uppers and inners that will not irritate your baby’s feet and cause chafing or blisters
- A comfortable and snugly fitting heel to prevent chafing.
- Adjustable closures for a more customized fit that caters to the natural growth of a baby’s foot.
- A comfortable and cushioned insole, footbed or sock liner that provides cushioned support for delicate feet.
- A durable rubber outsole that delivers the best grip and balance properties.
- A stable and robust shoe that will be able to tackle any terrain that an adventurous baby or toddler may venture into.
- Durable and comfortable overall construction.
A fun and colorful design that will match the baby’s outfit for aesthetic purposes.
The Best Walking Shoes for Babies
Here are a few excellent options to consider when choosing the perfect walking shoe for your baby;
- It is manufactured by the famous Vans Footwear Classics.
- It is exquisite looking and very trendy and sophisticated.
- The insoles are thick and well cushioned for support and protection against bruises and punctures.
- The rubber soles are also worth mention because of the quality and durability.
- On the whole, it certainly is a good value for money.
- A classic fold over style for a better fit.
- The molded outsole ensures the best possible grip.
- Sensory pods at the heel and forefoot provide enhanced balance.
- The roomy and self-adjusting fit allows for a more comfortable fit and feet to develop naturally.
- Designed for the purpose of standing and walking to ensure the best balance and grip that a baby requires.
This is one of the best shoes that are made from natural canvas.
- This shoe is available both as imported variants and also made in USA models are also available.
- The quality of the rubber sole is the hallmark of this shoe.
- It has a well thought out design that combines comfort, looks, and appearances.
- The shoe has the best of vulcanized construction which goes a long way in helping free movement of air and also providing the right grip to the little baby.
- It is an easy to wear sneaker and also comes with a strap that is easily adjustable with the best of hook and loop facilities
There is no doubt that PUMA is well known for bringing out the best of shoes for children.
- This particular model is something that caters well for infant, toddlers and grown up children.
- The shoe is the best that money can buy as far as looks and comfort are concerned.
- Feature-rich shoe that comes with a padded tongue, a logo that is collar contrasting and lining overlays.
- It also has a nice cushioning sock liner.
- The sole is made from quality rubber.
This is certainly a gift of love to the little one who is taking the first baby steps in its life.
- It is made from high-quality leather, and the rubber soles offer good grip and also is long lasting.
- The leather upper in particular is incredibly supple and offers 100% comfort for the baby.
- The outsole is very lightweight and therefore does not put any pressure on the tender feet.
- The leather lining certainly provides lots of breathability to the feet of the child.
- This is from the house of Stride Rite which has very extensive experience in this field.
- Available colors for this babies shoes are: White, Blue, and Pink
Safe Walking for Your Baby
As you can see from our selection a good quality comfortable and safe shoe is vital for your child’s development and walking safety. Make sure that the shoe fits snugly and is not to loose or tight. Durability is also a factor as babies tend to tread in all kinds of terrain.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for Walking Shoes for Babies
- Things To Bear In Mind When Buying Shoes For Babies
- Charactaristics of a Good Shoe for Babies that Are Starting to Walk
- The Best Walking Shoes for Babies
- Safe Walking for Your Baby