Metatarsalgia is a painful and even debilitating condition which leads to inflammation and pain in the balls of the feet. Therefore, it is important to find out ways and means to address it.
In this article, we will try and have a look at what metatarsalgia is all about. We will find out the reasons which cause it and how using the right shoe inserts, and orthopedic support the condition can be overcome.
What Is Metatarsalgia And Its Causes
Before choosing the right shoe for metatarsalgia, it is vital that we have some basic idea about the condition and what could be the reasons for it. Put in plain and simple words it is a condition which leads to inflammation and pain in the balls of the feet.
It could be caused by many reasons, but the most common cause for this condition is because of repetitive stress. Those who walk on concrete all day long and those who are on their feet for long periods of time are the ones who could suffer from this condition. It is caused when the balls of the heels repeatedly impact on the ground. Getting a proper diagnosis done by a podiatrist will help find out the reason for this condition.
How to Alleviate Ball of Feet Pain (Metatarsalgia)
Amongst the many options that are chosen for alleviating the pain arising out of metatarsalgia, using the right shoes and insert could play a vital role. The key to reducing pain is to reduce the stress on the ball of the foot, and this can be done with the help of specially designed shoes, and inserts.
There are many types of inserts and arch supports which perhaps can assist in achieving this. Going in for a shoe with a good arch support will be helpful in evenly distributing the pressure across the foot. Metatarsal pads can also be used. They also go a long way in relieving pressure off the ball of the foot area. However, it is important to choose correctly and specially designed shoes for this purpose.
Over the next few lines will try and have a look at the best shoes for metatarsalgia based on various features and specifications. We are confident that it will help a lot in making the right choice to overcome this painful and depressing condition of the foot.
Best Metatarsalgia Shoes Reviews
A look at the best shoes for metatarsalgia which have been specially designed to reduce the pain caused by this condition, especially on the ball of the feet and the heels.
1. Skechers Shape Ups XT – Rocker Bottom Metatarsalgia Shoes
This is a shoe which has been designed especially for those who suffer from conditions similar to metatarsalgia. It, therefore, has certain conditions which go a long way in helping people with this condition to get some relief. It has a few interesting features which are mentioned hereunder:
- It is made from a combination of high-quality synthetic and leather material.
- It is fully imported but has been made with the primary objective of being suitable for people suffering from metatarsalgia.
- The rubber soles amongst other things help in better gift and durability.
- It has a unique memory foam insole which helps to reduce pressure on the balls of the feet.
- It also comes with a cushioned midsole which also goes a long way in giving more stability to the feet and helps disperse weight evenly.
2. Best Dress Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
Coming from the house of Joya (Men) and Dr. Drew Shoes (Women) these are great dress shoes for those who have conditions or symptoms which could be pointing towards Metatarsalgia. Here are a few interesting features about these shoes which are worth mentioning:
- They come with a soft elastic smart sole which has been specially designed for daily comfort.
- Perfectly suitable for a long term wear and takes care of the feet from day one.
- Soft heel feature which makes walking easily with a rolling motion. This apart from helping in removing stress to the balls of the feet also helps in improving posture while walking.
- These are complete dress shoes for comfort especially when worn for a long period.
3. Alegria Clogs – Rubber Rocker Sole for Metatarsalgia
It has quite a few exciting features and here is a few of them working have a closer look:
- It is made from high-quality leather.
- It comes with a memory foam cushioned insole which is anatomical, removal and made from quality latex and cork materials.
- It is suitable for special needs of orthotics or those suffering from metatarsalgia.
- It also is good to look at with the leather lining which also offers durability and strength.
- It comes with a quality suede sock liner.
- Is it slip-resistant and non-marking and rubber sole ensures 100% safe grip. The sole is made from quality polyurethane and therefore is also water and moisture resistant.
4. Aetrex RX – Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
Here are a few interesting features which might be suitable for those suffering from various orthotic problems including metatarsalgia.
- The primary material on this shoe is a combination of synthetic, leather and mesh materials.
- It is an entirely imported shoe. Amongst other features, it comes with rubber soles which offer stability and support for those suffering from orthotic problems.
- It offers unique forefoot freedom and also has features for the stability of rearfoot.
- It comes with strengthened midsole stability plate that helps in better dispersion of pressure.
- It also has a unique Footbridge with which in better control while in motion.
- The seam linings are smooth and flat and are designed for safety and protection.
- This flip flop metatarsalgia sandal is made from a combination of 50% polyester and 50% polyurethane.
- It comes with all the benefits and features which are expected of an orthotic shoe.
- These include metatarsal riser pad which is a patented technology. It helps in better biomechanics.
- Suitable for arch pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, help pain, and metatarsalgia.
- It also comes with unique EVA arch support; This helps the shoe to get molded to meet the particular shape of the user.
- It contributes to keeping the foot in its natural position and alignment.
- It also has a unique cup with deep heel technology.
- The Plastazote material on the top cover molds to the feet creating a custom fit.
- Abzorb cushioning technology by New Balance provides maximum shock absorption at the heel and forefoot.
- The Unique design of these insoles for metatarsal support helps relieve pain and discomfort caused by metatarsalgia.
- Anatomical heel cradle and arch support distribute the foot pressure more evenly.
- These Insoles will fit most dress, casual, athletic shoes and boots that have removable insoles.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- What Is Metatarsalgia And Its Causes
- How to Alleviate Ball of Feet Pain (Metatarsalgia)
- Best Metatarsalgia Shoes Reviews
- 1. Skechers Shape Ups XT – Rocker Bottom Metatarsalgia Shoes
- 2. Best Dress Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- 3. Alegria Clogs – Rubber Rocker Sole for Metatarsalgia
- 4. Aetrex RX – Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- 5. Stridetek Flip-Thotics – Unisex Metatarsalgia Sandals
- 6. New Balance Insoles IPR3030 – Metatarsalgia Pressure Relief Insoles