Today most men just opt for doing their gym routine in a pair of running shoes which is perfectly fine but to optimize your gym routine and prevent injuries and damage to your feet and lower limbs you will need something a bit more suited to your specific type of training.
Index Table for the best Gym Shoes
|1||Inov-8 Men's F-Lite 235-M - All Round Gym Training Shoe||Inov-8||95|
|2||Adidas Men's Power Lift 2.0 - Weight Lifting Gym Training Shoe||Adidas||96|
|3||Shimano Men's SH-R088 - Gym Shoe for Spinning and Cycling||Shimano||95|
|4||Saucony Men's Kinvara 6 - Gym Shoe for Running and Treadmill||Saucony||96|
|5||Nike Men's Metcon 2 - Crossfit Trainer for the Gym||Nike||97|
The Correct Gym Shoe for Specific Gym Routines
When you are doing weightlifting, you want a low profile shoe that keeps you low to the ground and prevents injuries such as ankle twists. When you do weightlifting, you need your muscles to fire optimally and therefore need shoes without cushioning and a more minimalist feel for stable and close contact to the ground. When your heels and midfoot drive into the floor, you get a better workout on your glutes and hamstrings.
Spinnig or Cycling
If you like to take part in spinning or cycling classes the most important consideration is the sole of your spinning shoe. You will need a stiff sole which will transfer the power produced by your leg and glute muscles directly to the pedal of the bicycle. The idea is to maximize output with the least effort on pedal strikes. The heel of the shoe must be soft, and there must also be enough wiggle room for your toes.
Cardio and Treadmill Running
In general in lightweight and flexible shoe with good cushioning and shock absorbency capabilities is great for running and cardiovascular exercises. Keep in mind that a treadmill is already cushioned so if you are going to spend a lot of time on the treadmill rather look for a shoe with less cushioning that will provide more stability.
Crossfit training combines different workouts such as weight lifting, body weight training and cardio exercises for a high-intensity workout. For this reason, a shoe with a flatter sole and less cushioning is desirable as you want to strengthen your feet muscles as well as get the most out of your workout.
All Round Training Shoe
If you are someone who likes to mix up your routine a bit and take part in different types of training at the gym, then you will need a shoe that can cater for almost everything.
An all purpose athletic shoe should do the trick, these shoes are flexible enough for body weight exercises and climbing, stable enough for weight lifting and comfortable and supportive enough for running and cardio exercises.
What Characterises a Good Shoe for Gym
- A durable and flexible construction.
- A durable outsole that offers excellent grip and traction and is lightweight and flexible
- Light support and cushioning for shock absorption.
- Flexible, breathable and lightweight uppers
- A durable and comfortable closure system.
- Enough toe room.
- Soft inner linings to prevent chafing.
- Overall a comfortable and proper fit and long lasting durability.
Reviews on the Best Available Gym Shoes
Listed we have a perfect gym shoe for every type of training that has the highest ratings;
- Soft and supple uppers that fit like a slipper with a durable toe bumper for pivots and sled pushes.
- Zero drop for better stability.
- The light cushioning gives just the right amount of support and shock absorption.
- The durable rubber outsole offers exceptional grip with its extra sticky design.
- Available in different color options.
- Synthetic leather and mesh uppers for lightweight support and breathability with Velcro closures that secures your foot from unwanted movements.
- The wider size and more roomy toe box increases comfort and provides better stability.
- The weightlifting engineered high –density die-cut midsole wedge gives you the stability that is supportive and lightweight.
- A flat profile durable outsole ensures secure foot placement.
- Stretch resistant leather uppers with ultralight mesh that are durable, breathable, flexible and lightweight.
- The two hook and loop straps ensure easy on the go access for adjustments.
- The micro-adjust ratcheting buckle helps to control the tightness of the shoe for a more precise fit.
- A fiberglass and polyamide outsole is constructed to deliver power to the pedal efficiently.
- Flexible and breathable FlexFilm leather and nylon uppers with seamless overlays and an overall ombre effect.
- A 4mm heel to toe offset for better movement.
- The full length powerGrip cushioning system provides lite support and shock absorbency.
- A Pro-Lock lacing system ensures a secure fit that will not come undone during your exercise routine.
- The durable non-marking outsole provides excellent traction.
- Color options available.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh uppers to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The Flywire midfoot technology keeps your feet locked in place.
- A dual-density foam midsole provides supportive cushioning and shock absorption.
- The flat and stable platform aids in promoting a more explosive lift.
- The green rubber sides have been textured for high grip capabilities on rope climbs.
- The zero drag heel is designed to accommodate hand-stand pushups.
- The durable and flat sticky outsole provide excellent grip.
- Available in different color designs.
Wearing the most appropriate shoe for the type of training that you are going to be doing in the gym can help to transform your entire workout and give you the best performance. A lightweight and supportive shoe that fits properly can make all the difference in your training routine.
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the best Gym Shoes
- The Correct Gym Shoe for Specific Gym Routines
- What Characterises a Good Shoe for Gym
- Reviews on the Best Available Gym Shoes