A Look At A Few Excellent Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
Heel spurs can be discomforting and only those who suffer from it would be able to explain more about. It is a condition where there is an excess deposit of calcium on the heel bone.
It leads to a bony protrusion on the underside of the bone. There are many situations where the heel spur can extend by almost six inches.
The spurs in itself may not cause much of a pain, but the pain occurs on the heels preventing standing for a long period of time and also walking long distances.
Treatments For Heel Spurs
While surgery is the last resort for heel spurs, there are other non-incisive methods which could be used to manage the problem. These include exercises, and special orthotics and cortisone injections.
Some types of ordinary shoes also can work well on those suffering from this condition. They can help reduce heel pain and assist in free movement of the leg.
We will have a look at five different brands and models of shoes which, according to many customers are the best shoes for heel spurs.
1. VIONIC with Orthaheel Technology – Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs
Coming from the house of Vionic, this is often compared to the best shoes for heel spurs and other such orthopedic problems. Here are a few important features worth mentioning about this shoe:
- Made from the best quality leather, the shoe is imported.
- The sole is man-made and takes into account the special needs for those suffering from heel spurs.
- It is designed to keep the user on the move without compromising and comfort and ease.
- It comes with an inbuilt Orthaheel footbed. This helps a lot in helping in controlling of motions.
- It also offers a contoured arch support along with a deep heel cup. This helps a lot in aligning the stride while on the move. It helps in reducing inflammation quite significantly.
- It also comes with water resistant uppers made from leather.
- It has high-quality mesh liners that allow easy breathing of the feet which again is something that helps those suffering from heel spurs and other orthopedic problems.
- It also assists in removing bad odor caused by the trapping of air inside the shoes.
- Finally, it comes with a podiatrist developed top cloth which is anti-bacterial, removable and made using the best biomechanical technologies.
- It also has a unique molded EVA midsole
- It is made from synthetic imported material. The synthetic material can compare with good quality leather when it comes to smoothness, suppleness, and flexibility.
- It is very light and, therefore, is considered to be one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
- The sole is made from high-quality rubber. While ensuring longevity, it also helps absorb shock on the heels which is what customers suffering from heel spurs are looking for.
- The outsole is slip resistant and also oil slip resistant, it is well and truly a supportive shoe.
- It also could be used as a suitable shoe for regular fitness routine, even for those who suffer from various degrees of heel spurs.
- The shoe is extra wide and, therefore, helps a lot in accommodating heels that could be inflamed and tender.
- The sole may not be as thick as other shoes but nonetheless is very comfortable according to many customer reviews.
- Many customers have found this shoe to be very favorable for those who suffer from the impacts of arthritis.
- It is manmade, fully imported and the sole is also man made
- The shoe has a cantilever heel design which helps in providing the best stability.
- It also comes with hook and loop straps for easy removable.
- The shoe has a removable insole made from ethylene vinyl acetate insole.
- The uppers are stain and oil proof.
- Finally it has a unique anatomical cradle which helps in motion control and aids in better shock absorption.
- Made from high quality leather and the best of synthetic soles, this shoe is considered to be very useful for customers suffering from arthritis.
- Amongst the various features the following are very important:
- It has an injection-molded EVA midsole and also a 13 mm heel offset.
- Both these are proven to be very useful for those suffering from inflamed toes and fingers.
- It also has adjustable instep straps accompanied with loop-and-hook closures.
- The synthetic overlays also play a big role in providing more cushioning to the feet as a whole.
- It is well designed and looks very attractive and has a lot of ergonomic features.
- It is made from high-quality leather and is suede as far as the interiors are concerned.
- The sole is made or high-quality synthetic material. It is designed in such a way that it offers support to the heels and absorbs pressure from it to the extent possible.
- The heel is around 1.25 inches. It is perfect for those suffering from heel spurs.
- It comes with a special removable and fully contoured ethylene vinyl chloride foot bed. It also has an open cell mesh cover. This goes a long way in providing an additional layer of cushioning.
- The shoe has been designed in such a way that it allows far better comfort and flexibility while on the move
- It is very light and yet sturdy and tough. This again is an attribute which is liked by customers who suffer from heel spurs.
- The shoe looks very attractive and has very good ergonomic features.
6. ASICS Cumulus 17 – Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
- Considered to be the best shoe for treating heel spurs and the symptoms linked to it.
- Designed with specific gel cushioning at the rear of the shoe to absorb shocks coming from the heel areas where the major pain of heel spurs are coming from.
- Comfortable Rubber soles add to the shock absorbing effect when walking or running.
- The multi directionsl upper flex provides extra comfort.
- It comes with rear foot and forefoot GEL cushioning systems, which is quite effective indeed.
- The unique heel clutching system is making these shoes one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
- It is also one of the best shoes for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis