Heel spurs can be discomforting, and only those who suffer from it would be able to explain more about. It is a condition where there is an excess deposit of calcium on the heel bone.
It leads to a bony protrusion on the underside of the bone. There are many situations where the heel spur can extend by almost six inches.
The Spurs in itself may not cause much of pain, but the pain occurs on the heels preventing standing for a long period and also walking long distances.
Wearing the best and most supportive shoes for your particular foot type that aid in accommodating and relieving the symptoms associated with heel spurs can be a significant advantage in the healing process and prevent pain and further aggravation.
Index Table for the Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic Orthaheel® - Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs||Vionic Orthaheel||96|
|2||Reebok® - Heel Spur Walking Shoe||Reebok||95|
|3||AVIA® - Service Shoe for Heel Spurs||AVIA||95|
|4||New Balance® - hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe||New Balance||96|
|5||Hush Puppies® - Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs||Hush Puppies||97|
|6||Asics® - Heel Spur Running Shoe||Asics||96|
|7||Skechers® - Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes||Skechers||95|
|8||Vionic® - Heel Spur Loafers||Vionic||95|
What is a Heel Spur
A heel spur is basically a bony outgrowth with a pointy structure from the calcaneus bone in the heel. When the insertion of soft tissue tendons or fascia in the heel become chronically inflamed, it can lead to the development of a heel spur. Heel spurs are normally located at either the back of the heel or under the heel and beneath the sole. Inflammation of the ASchilles Tendon can be associated with heel spurs at the back of the heel which causes pain and tenderness in this area whereas Heel Spurs under the foot is associated with a condition called Plantar Fasciitis.
Heel Spurs and Plantar Fasciitis can either occur alone or have some relation to an underlying disease which may cause arthritis which is basically inflammation of the joints, ankylosing spondylitis or diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Sometimes Heel Spurs may not cause any symptoms at all and are usually only discovered during an X-ray exam by accident. Other times Heel spurs can cause chronic and severe, or mild and less recurrent pain under the foot in the heel or at the back of the heel.
Treatments For Heel Spurs
While surgery is the last resort for heel spurs, there are other non-incisive methods which could be used to manage the problem. These include exercises, and special orthotics and cortisone injections.
Some types of ordinary shoes also can work well on those suffering from this condition. They can help reduce heel pain and assist in free movement of the leg.
We will have a look at five different brands and models of shoes which, according to many customers are the best shoes for heel spurs.
The Best Available Shoes for Heel Spurs
Here are some of the top rated shoes for individuals with heel spurs that have been rated and reviewed the best;
Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs
Coming from the house of Vionic, this is often compared to the best shoes for heel spurs and other such orthopedic problems. Here are a few important features worth mentioning about this shoe.
- Made from the best quality leather, the shoe is imported.
- The sole is man-made and takes into account the special needs for those suffering from heel spurs.
- It is designed to keep the user on the move without compromising and comfort and ease.
- It comes with an inbuilt Orthaheel footbed. This helps a lot in helping in controlling of motions.
- It also offers a contoured arch support along with a deep heel cup. This helps a lot in aligning the stride while on the move. It helps in reducing inflammation quite significantly.
- It also comes with water resistant uppers made from leather.
- It has high-quality mesh liners that allow easy breathing of the feet which again is something that helps those suffering from heel spurs and other orthopedic problems.
- It also assists in removing bad odor caused by the trapping of air inside the shoes.
- Finally, it comes with a podiatrist developed top cloth which is anti-bacterial, removable and made using the best biomechanical technologies.
- It also has a unique molded EVA midsole
Heel Spur Walking Shoe
In keeping with their rich tradition, this particular model from Reebok is a shoe that is kind of interesting. It has a number of features, and quite a few of them could be suitable for customers who could be suffering from different grades of heel spurs. Here are a few points that could be appealing to this group of clients.
- It is made from synthetic imported material. The synthetic material can compare with good quality leather when it comes to smoothness, suppleness, and flexibility.
- It is very light and, therefore, is considered to be one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
- The sole is made of high-quality rubber. While ensuring longevity, it also helps absorb shock on the heels which is what customers suffering from heel spurs are looking for.
- The outsole is slip resistant and also oil slip resistant, it is well and truly a supportive shoe.
- It also could be used as a suitable shoe for a regular fitness routine, even for those who suffer from various degrees of heel spurs.
- The shoe is extra wide and, therefore, helps a lot in accommodating heels that could be inflamed and tender.
- The sole may not be as thick as other shoes but nonetheless is very comfortable according to many customer reviews.
Service Shoe for Heel Spurs
Many customers have found this shoe to be very favorable for those who suffer from the impacts of arthritis.
- It is manmade, fully imported and the sole is also man made
- The shoe has a cantilever heel design which helps in providing the best stability.
- It also comes with hook and loop straps for easy removable.
- The shoe has a removable insole made from ethylene vinyl acetate insole.
- The uppers are stain and oil proof.
- Finally, it has a unique anatomical cradle which helps in motion control and aids in better shock absorption.
hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe
Made from high-quality leather and the best of synthetic soles, this shoe is considered to be very useful for customers suffering from arthritis.
- Amongst the various features, the following are imperative:
- It has an injection-molded EVA midsole and also a 13 mm heel offset.
- Both these are proven to be very useful for those suffering from inflamed toes and fingers.
- It also has adjustable instep straps accompanied with loop-and-hook closures.
- The synthetic overlays also play a big role in providing more cushioning to the feet as a whole.
- It is well designed and looks very attractive and has a lot of ergonomic features.
Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs
Though it is considered to be a normal shoe, many customers suffering from heel spurs have found benefit from it. Here are a few features about this shoe.
- It is made from high-quality leather and is suede as far as the interiors are concerned.
- The sole is made or high-quality synthetic material. It is designed in such a way that it offers support to the heels and absorbs pressure from it to the extent possible.
- The heel is around 1.25 inches. It is perfect for those suffering from heel spurs.
- It comes with a special removable and fully contoured ethylene vinyl chloride footbed. It also has an open cell mesh cover. This goes a long way in providing an additional layer of cushioning.
- The shoe has been designed in such a way that it allows far better comfort and flexibility while on the move
- It is very light and yet sturdy and tough. This again is an attribute which is liked by customers who suffer from heel spurs.
- The shoe looks very attractive and has splendid ergonomic features.
Heel Spur Running Shoe
Considered to be the best shoe for treating heel spurs and the symptoms linked to it.
- Designed with specific gel cushioning at the rear of the shoe to absorb shocks coming from the heel areas where the major pain of heel spurs are coming from.
- Comfortable Rubber soles add to the shock absorbing effect when walking or running.
- The multi-directional upper flex provides extra comfort.
- It comes with a rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning systems, which is quite useful indeed.
- The unique heel clutching system is making these shoes one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
- It is also one of the best shoes for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis
Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes
the Skechers Shape Ups are an excellent choice not only for heels spurs but also for plantar fasciitis and overpronation.
- Comfortable and durable leather and synthetic uppers for breathability and a better fit.
- The durable rocker rubber outsole ensures better motion control, shock absorbency and exceptional grip.
- A memory foam insole contours to the shape of your foot to ensure the best-cushioned support.
- the cushioned insole ensures excellent arch support and comfort.
Heel Spur Loafers
For comfort and casual style the Vionic Slip On Loafers is easy and convenient slip-on shoes that provide orthotic support and comfort.
- soft and supple leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A durable rubber outsole that ensures excellent grip and shock absorption.
- A removable comfort EVA orthotic insert for exceptional comfort and support.
- The Orthaheel technology and biomechanically designed arch support will provide all the support and comfort required for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis.
By wearing the appropriate footwear, you can greatly reduce the pain caused by heel spurs as well as enhance the healing process and prevent further aggravation. Heel Spurs no longer needs to be a debilitating condition. We have selected some of the top brands and models of shoes that specifically caters to the requirements of individuals who have Heel Spurs.
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
- What is a Heel Spur
- Treatments For Heel Spurs
- The Best Available Shoes for Heel Spurs
- Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs
- Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- Service Shoe for Heel Spurs
- hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs
- Heel Spur Running Shoe
- Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes
- Heel Spur Loafers
- In Conclusion