In some cases, back pain is a result of minor sprains, strains, and injuries or sometimes just a pinched or irritated nerve. Back pain is a highly common condition sending many patients to the doctor. Back pain can disrupt your daily activities such as sleep, walk, standing, be sitting, sports and exercise and much more.
Table of Contents for the Best Shoes for Back Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Best Work Shoes for Back Pain||Asics||96|
|2||Walking and Running Shoe for Back Pain||Saucony||94|
|3||Waterproof Oxford Shoe for Back Pain||Florsheim||96|
|4||Trail Walking Shoe for Back Pain||New Balance||97|
|5||Back Pain Walking Shoe||Rockport||94|
|6||Loafers for Back Pain||Dansko||96|
|7||Best Sandals for Back Pain||Reef||97|
Causes for Back Pain
The causes of back pain are endless, and therefore the non-invasive treatments can also give you a solution. Even the most insignificant daily tasks and habits can over time takes its toll on your back.The type of footwear that you wear can have a significant impact on the health of your back, feet, and lower limbs. The correct footwear can also relieve back pain along with foot, knee and ankle pain. There are many other solutions to alleviating back pain, sitting up straight, keeping a good posture and avoiding awkward positions are all things you can do to prevent and reduce back pain. Always remember to pick up heavy objects using your legs and not your back, and as far as you can avoid picking up heavy objects in general.
How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
Your feet make up the foundation of your body, how you move and relax your feet can greatly influence many other parts of your body, one of the main parts being your back. If the posture of your feet are improper because it is influenced by the wrong shoes, then back pain may be one of the results.
Shoes that offer no or bad support to your feet and the rest of your body will usually affect your back as well. Good examples of shoes that are bad for your back are high heels, flip flops, and flat shoes, all of these disrupt your natural posture and eventually cause back pain.
What Constitutes the Best Shoe for Back Pain
Many kinds of shoes available offer excellent back support, each of them having their own unique characteristics and features;
- Motion Control helps to regulate movement and can usually be found in running shoes.
- Shoes that cause the middle and front of your feet to strike first rather than the heels, usually found in minimalist shoes made for walking and travel.
- Extra support that prevents abnormal movement which is one of the main reasons for back pain.
- Constructed from plastic or graphite and other similar materials that also prevent abnormal motion.
The Best Rated Shoes for Lower Back Pain
We have reviewed and chose some of the best shoes that are available today that will prevent and relieve back pain and help to ensure normal and natural movement;
Best Work Shoes for Back Pain
The Asics Gel-Foundation Workplace is a ‘walk and works’ shoe that the Asics’s research and development team made to fit perfectly and comfortably for people who work on their feet all day long.
This shoe also has a feminine version – The Asics Women’s Gel-Foundation Workplace
- The uppers have perforated overlays and embroidered side panels for breathability, comfort, and a classic sporty look.
- A walk-specific comfort OrthoLite foam footbed that will give you support and luxurious comfort.
- Asics’s Special GEL – offer exceptional cushioning and shock absorption.
- A durable AHAR outsole for good grip and traction.
- The Trusstic construction makes this shoe very light in weight.
Walking and Running Shoe for Back Pain
The Saucony Ride 6 is an exceptional running shoe that can be used for long distance walking and run. Saucony is a very popular and respected name in running shoes that offer a broad range of running and walking shoes that feature advanced technologies and only the best materials used for construction.
- A neutral running and walking shoe for normal to mild under pronation.
- Glossy and reflective overlays allow for night time runs and walk.
- A hydra max collar lining for more comfort.
- The comfort like sock liner ensures your feet are supported and comfortable.
- A supportive and shock absorbing PowerGrid midsole.An improved SRC impact zone to reduce stress and strain on your feet and lower limbs.
- The synthetic sole has deep forefoot flex grooves for better traction.
Waterproof Oxford Shoe for Back Pain
Florsheim shoes are made for comfort using high-quality workmanship and only the best materials. The Florsheim Oxford shoe is an excellent shoe that can be sued for work and walking. Available in black and brown Nubuck this is a more stylish walking shoe that can also be used as a dress shoe.
- Made from smooth waterproof leather or milled nubuck.
- A fully cushioned footbed with memory foam that comforts to the shape of your foot fo exceptional comfort.
- The slip resistant dual density non-marking EVA midsole is made from rubber for good grip and shock absorption.
- Completely waterproof construction to keep your feet dry in even the wettest weather.
Trail Walking Shoe for Back Pain
The New Balance MW1400 is a trail walking and hiking shoe that is made for walking in rough terrain. Perfect as a work or adventure shoe the MW 1400 is designed to keep you comfortable and protected.
- Leather and textile uppers that are waterproof for dryness and comfort.
- A compression molded EVA midsole for added cushioning.
- A rubber sole for good grip on tough terrain.
- The Thinsulate lining provides warmth for colder weather conditions.
- Available in black, brown and gray colors.
Back Pain Walking Shoe
Yet another legendary shoe from Rockport, the World Tour Walking Shoe will take you the extra mile. The additional comfort features such as the padded tongue and collar will give you a better fit and more comfortable wear.
- Mid-high rise distressed leather uppers for a soft and comfortable and luxurious feel.
- Padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- Walking platform construction for support and stability.
- A specially designed solid rubber outsole that grips a large variety of surfaces.
- The leather uppers are very easy to clean and very durable.
Loafers for Back Pain
A semi-casual dress loafer the Kim and Wyatt from Dansko ensures all day comfort and a pain-free back.
- Full Grain leather uppers for comfort and style.
- An EVA Insole and Polyurethane midsole for the best support comfort.
- The fabric liner aids in wicking away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable rubber outsole for good grip and shock absorption.
Best Sandals for Back Pain
The Reef Fanning is a comfortable and supportive flip flop casual sandal that will aid in alleviating back pain as well as pain associated with other conditions.
- A Fanning signature sandal with synthetic fast dry uppers.
- A water friendly and slip resistant thong sandal.
- The bottle opener at the bottom is a conveniently added extra.
- This sandal is entirely PVC free.
- A comfortable and supportive midsole and durable outsole.
Do Not Let Back Pain get You down
Back pain is a thing of the past; you will be surprised and satisfied with the comfort and support that each of these shoes offers.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents for the Best Shoes for Back Pain
- Causes for Back Pain
- How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
- What Constitutes the Best Shoe for Back Pain
- The Best Rated Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- Best Work Shoes for Back Pain
- Walking and Running Shoe for Back Pain
- Waterproof Oxford Shoe for Back Pain
- Trail Walking Shoe for Back Pain
- Back Pain Walking Shoe
- Loafers for Back Pain
- Best Sandals for Back Pain
- Do Not Let Back Pain get You down