A Rocker Bottom or Rocker Sole shoe is a shoe with a thicker than the standard sole and a more rounded heel along with a very stiff front part. This creates a rocking effect that helps to alleviate foot pain and other foot condition’s symptoms. A recent research on rocker bottom shoes concluded that these shoes helped over 76% of the participants in the research on various foot-related problems, the researchers do not recommend these type of shoes for people who have stability issues.
Comparison Table – Rocker Bottom Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Rocker Sole Work Shoes||Skechers||95|
|2||Alegria® - Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog||Alegria||95|
|3||MBT® - Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes||MBT||96|
|4||Dansko® - Rocker Bottom Clog||Dansko||97|
|5||Drew® - Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe||Drew||97|
Rocker Sole Shoes the New Hype
Rocker bottom shoes have become very popular in the podiatry industry as well as exercise shoe and other shoe industries. More and more shoe companies are releasing shoe styles with a rocker bottom makeover. There are many claims that rocker bottom shoe aid in improving your balance and posture and rocker bottom exercise shoes help you to tone and strengthen your muscles and burn more calories.
These claims, however, are not supported by research; Rocker Bottom Shoes are meant for people with foot conditions and other chronic conditions to rectify these conditions and reduce the symptoms. Wearing a rocker bottom shoe that is inappropriate on a healthy foot without the recommendation of a qualified podiatrist can cause more damage than good.
The Function of a Rocker Bottom Shoe
A rocker bottom or rocker sole shoe is also known as a toning shoe or rounded sole shoe and can replace regular sole shoe on almost any style of footwear. There are rocker sole shoes that are built for the specific purpose of reducing the function of or replacing the function of a joint of which the functionality is weak or lost. A rocker bottom shoe also aids in compensating for the lost range of motion at the ankle joint. A rocker bottom shoe enables more stable footing while standing and assists with the propulsive gait phase reducing pain when walking and making it more natural.
Who will Benefit from a Rocker Bottom Shoe
Those who benefit the most from any modified sole on a shoe are usually people suffering from arthritis, diabetes and other disorders that can cause pain or loss of motion in the foot and ankle joints.
How does a Rocker Bottom Shoe Work
The rocker bottom or Rocker sole makes use of a very simple concept of a contoured and rigid platform that controls the motion of your joints by rocking the foot from the heel strike right through to the toe-off stage. The location and pitch of the contour are adjusted, so the weight of the body causes your foot to rock when it passes over the fulcrum of the shoe. A double rocker sole or bottom is a bit different in that the thinnest portion of the sole is placed at the midfoot where a section of the sole is removed.
Best Rocker Bottom Shoes Reviews
Here are the top reviewed shoes that have Rocker bottoms or soles to aid in relieving the symptoms of certain foot conditions and pain;
Rocker Sole Work Shoes
Skechers is a popular brand of sporty shoes that also have a rocker sole styled sneaker in their range called the Shape Up Exeter and Maisto, which is an athletic shoe with a durable rocker sole.
- Leather uppers with a perforated tongue for breathability.
- Lace-up system for a custom and comfortable fit.
- A stabilizing side and heel overlay for stability and support.
- The full-length memory foam cushioned insole absorbs shock and keeps your feet comfortable.
- The outsole is manufactured from high traction nitrile rubber that is durable and slips resistant.
Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog
The Alegria Chairman and Classic is a stylish and classy looking clog that has a memory foam footbed and a slip resistant rocker outsole. A perfect shoe for work and everyday wear.
- The stain resistant leather uppers are comfortable and durable.
- A leather lining aids in wicking away moisture and keeping the feet dry and comfortable.
- A removable cork, latex and memory foam footbed keeps your feet supported and cushioned to reduce strain and stress on the feet and ankles.
- The non-slip polyurethane outsole is durable and offers good grip.
Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes
MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) shoes are physiological footwear that enhances the health and well-being of your entire body. The MBT Kabisa and Pata is an Oxford Dress Shoe with a Rocker sole and the sought after MBT technology.
- The Multi-Layered curved sole enhances the walking experience.
- The PU midsole along with the shank and Masai sensor technology creates a soft surface that makes it feel like you are walking barefoot on soft sand or moss while supporting the muscle system.
- An MBT shoe improves your gait and posture while also relieving pressure on your joints and back.
- The MBT technology also exercises a large number of muscles in your body when you are walking and standing and aids in burning calories and speeds up muscle regeneration.
- A stunning dress shoe that can be worn to work or for formal occasions.
Rocker Bottom Clog
The Dansko Professional is a Rocker bottom clog with anti-fatigue technology that can be worn to work and casually, it offers a roomy fit and firm arch support. Look no further; this shoe will provide you with all-day comfort and support along with style.
- Leather uppers that are stylish and durable.
- A perforated insole that offers comfort, support and breathability.
- The firm foot and arch support keep your feet stable and comfortable preventing damage and injuries.
- A Rocker bottom sole with anti-fatigue technology.
- Shock absorption equal to that of an athletic shoe.
- A more roomy toe box for natural movement and to provide relief to people who have hammertoes or bunions.
- A durable outsole for good grip and traction.
- Available in a variety of colors.
Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe
A fantastic looking athletic shoe with some highly useful therapeutic capabilities, the Drew Shoe Force and Flare will keep your feet dry, comfortable and well supported all day.
- The added depth and double added depth makes this shoe great for use with orthotic devices and provides a better fit for foot conditions.
- The Drilex-covered insoles are treated with AEGIS anti-microbial treatment to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The built-in heel cushion pad, wide shank, and rocker bottom provides excellent comfort and improves overall performance.
- The foam padded tongue and collar ensure a comfortable and cushioned fit.
- A lace up closure for a more secure and adjustable fit.
The Popularity of Rocker Soles
Rocker bottom or Rocker sole shoes have become quite a hit these days although it is advised only to use them if you have a foot condition or the recommendation of your podiatrist. A rocker bottom shoe can improve and enhance the health of your feet and entire body and aid in reducing pain and pressure to the joints of the feet and lower limbs. There is a vast range of footwear types to choose from that have rocker bottoms or soles, and more and more companies are giving rocker bottom makeovers to their popular shoe style ranges.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Rocker Bottom Shoes
- Rocker Sole Shoes the New Hype
- The Function of a Rocker Bottom Shoe
- Who will Benefit from a Rocker Bottom Shoe
- How does a Rocker Bottom Shoe Work
- Best Rocker Bottom Shoes Reviews
- Rocker Sole Work Shoes
- Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog
- Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes
- Rocker Bottom Clog
- Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe
- The Popularity of Rocker Soles