Before getting into reviewing the best boat shoes for men, it would not be a bad idea, to briefly, have a look at the history of boat shoes.
Index Table for Best Boat Shoes
|1||Sperry Men's Billfish - 3-Eye Boat Shoes||Sperry||97|
|2||Timberland Men's Earthkeepers Kiawah Bay - Boat Shoes||Timberland||96|
|3||Sebago Men's Docksides - Boat Shoe||Sebago||95|
|4||Dunham Men's Captain - Boat Shoes for Men||Dunham||96|
|5||Dockers Men's Castaway - Boat Shoes for Men||Dockers||94|
|6||Vionic Men's Eddy - Orthopedic Boat Shoes||Vionic||96|
|7||Mephisto Men's Boating - Slip On Boat Shoe||Mephisto||98|
|8||Florsheim Men's Lakeside - Slip-On Boat Shoe||Florsheim||95|
Overview of Boat Shoes
These shoes made of canvas but leather is use as the primary material. There are no markings as far as the outsoles are concerned. The history of boat shoes is around eighty years old. Paul A. Sperry Invented the first boat shoes. He got the idea after he saw his dog running quite comfortably over ice. He created his basic boat shoes made from leather. Thus started the journey of boat shoes and today it has become quite popular.
What Fits Well With Boat Shoes
When buying these shoes, it is important to ensure that you wear the right kind of outfits, so that it does not look out of place. Though there are some choices, you would do well to go in for Oxford Shirts, Navy Blazers or even settle for double popped color polos. It would be a better to spend some time on the internet where you could get a lot of other ideas on the subject matter.
What to look for in a good Boat Shoe
As a rule of the thumb, you must look for the right quality of material when choosing a boat shoe. While canvas could be a good option, you should opt for leather which looks more sophisticated and stylish.
- These shoes are typically canvas or leather.
- They should have non-marking rubber soles not to leave marks on the boat floor.
- The outsoles need to be non-slip to provide grip on a wet deck.
- The leather should be treated with oil topping application, for it to repel water.
- The stitching need to be highly durable.
- You need to check that you can wear them without socks.
Buying from stores vs. online
Though there are many brick and mortar stores, that sells excellent high-quality boat shoes, it always a good idea to explore the internet when it comes to buying these boat shoes. Many times Online, you can get a wider choice, and the price can be quite competitive when compared to the brick and mortar stores.
Review of the Top Boat Shoes for Men
Here’s our best picked up shoes before you go sailing:
- Those who have seen this shoe would certainly fall for its exquisite style, class, and design.
- It is an entirely imported shoe made from a combination of textile and leather.
- The sole is made of high-quality rubber.
- It is well and truly a classic leather shoe in all respects.
- The leather is water and stain resistant.
- The midsole is made of high quality molded polyurethane to ensure total under-feet comfort, and you can wear it the entire day.
- The 360 lacing feature ensures that the shoe not only remains in place firmly but also looks exquisite.
- It also features a unique and proven shock absorbing substance known as ethylene vinyl acetate.
- It is without any doubt a masterpiece in style, design and comfort.
- There is hardly any doubt that it offers the best value for money and lasts for an extended period.
- Those who are looking for the best boat shoes for men should certainly have a closer look at this model.
- It has quite a few notable features and here is a few of them.
- It is made with a high-quality leather upper, and the soles are made from a quality synthetic material.
- It is available in different colors.
- The leather is from silver rated tannery, so it ensures total comfort and long life.
- It also comes with lace up closure making the shoe remain in place.
- It is ideally suited for dinner and boating purposes.
- There is hardly any doubt that when you wear this shoe, you will become the focal point of attention, and it helps you to remain casual but also look classic at the same time.
- It certainly offers good value for money.
- The soles are stitched and sewn, and hence they offer much longer life when compared to shoes which have soles that are glued.
As is the case with such classy boat shoes it comes with some features that are worth being looked at from close quarters.
- It is made from high-quality leather and is a fully imported shoe.
- It is also famous for having the famous moc-toe stitching.
- Further, the 360-degree lacing also adds a lot of sophistication and class to the shoe.
- The insole is molded using quality EVA materials.
- It is non-slip and also is a non-mark shoe which is the hallmark of any good boat shoe.
- It is available in different variants to suit narrow, medium, wide and extra wide feet.
- It offers complete comfort and can be worn for long hours without any feet fatigue.
- Coming from the house of Dunham it can easily be a candidate for one of the best shoes for men.
- Made from high-quality leather, the shoe is fully imported.
- The rubber soles are also of good quality, and it is non-marked.
- It also comes with a small heel measuring 1.5 inches.
- Amongst the various other features, the memory foam footbed and molded EVA (removable) are also worth mention.
- It is available in different sizes and widths to suit particular feet sizes.
- It also has unique adjustability feature which helps it to fit in all types of male feet comfortably.
- It is well and truly a classic boat shoe and comes with a silhouette which contributes to performing very well whether it is worn off shore or on shore.
- The memory foam is made from ethylene vinyl acetate. It also features unique rollbar facility which helps a lot in giving stability the rear portion of the feet.
- It is another top class leather shoe featuring amongst other things rubber soles and heel which comes with a measurement of 0.75 inches.
- This shoe has two-eyelet lacing and a collar that is slotted in design.
- The leather upper is very smooth and of the best quality.
- The 360-degree lacing also goes a long way in giving stability to the entire shoe.
- The rubber soles are very flexible and help a lot in providing a firm grip especially when moving over slippery surfaces in the water.
- The brownish tan well and truly contrasts well the stitching thread which is yellow in color.
- On the whole, it is a shoe which combines looks with top class comfort offering full value for money.
- This is one of the best boat shoes for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis and heel spurs.
- It is made up of imported soft leather and internal fabric lining.
- Comfortable arch support system.
- The outsole is fully made up of nonmarking rubber.
- Removable insoles in case you have your own orthotics.
Table of Contents
- Index Table for Best Boat Shoes
- Overview of Boat Shoes
- Review of the Top Boat Shoes for Men
- Sperry Men's Billfish 3-Eye Boat Shoes
- Timberland Men's Earthkeepers Kiawah Bay Boat Shoes
- Sebago Men's Docksides Boat Shoe
- Dunham Men's Captain Boat Shoes for Men
- Dockers Men's Castaway Boat Shoes for Men
- Vionic Men's Eddy Orthopedic Boat Shoes
- Mephisto Men's Boating Slip On Boat Shoe
- Florsheim Men's Lakeside Slip-On Boat Shoe